AMI Chrome & Billet Accessories
AMI is a privately-held company currently based in El Dorado Hills, California. It is a relatively small company, founded back in 1994, and rapidly growing its product lineup and sales. CARiD’s many customers are enthusiastic about their AMI accessories, and here’s where they chime in. AMI will perk any vehicle up and make it uniquely yours. As a rule, most AMI components install in the simplest possible way to provide a cool, new look in nothing flat.
- AMI® - Door SillsStarting at: $80.81$80.81
- AMI® - Billet Fuel DoorStarting at: $52.92$52.92
- AMI® - Pedal PadsStarting at: $66.92$66.92
- AMI® - Pedestal 3rd Brake LightStarting at: $49.58$49.58
- AMI® - Bumper Inserts and Show HooksStarting at: $17.77$17.77
- AMI® - Billet 3rd Brake Light CoverStarting at: $28.22$28.22
- AMI® - Billet Grille and Tailgate EmblemsStarting at: $28.00$28.00
- AMI® - Billet Dash KnobsStarting at: $10.29$10.29
- AMI® - Billet Door HandlesStarting at: $71.64$71.64
- AMI® - Billet Door Handle AssemblyStarting at: $160.65$160.65
- AMI® - Billet Tailgate HandleStarting at: $48.69$48.69
- AMI® - Billet Master Cylinder CapStarting at: $32.72$32.72
- AMI® - Hang-A-Hitch™ Ball Mount StorageStarting at: $35.58$35.58
- AMI® - Simulated Billet Hood PinsStarting at: $13.31$13.31
- AMI® - Stubbie AntennaStarting at: $17.59$17.59
- AMI® - Wing AntennaStarting at: $44.48$44.48
- AMI® - Hitch CoverStarting at: $15.41$15.41
- AMI® - Billet License Plate FrameStarting at: $31.11$31.11
- AMI® - Billet Interior Door LocksStarting at: $19.26$19.26
- AMI® - Dash AccentsStarting at: $63.23$63.23
- AMI® - Flame Style Exhaust TipStarting at: $50.96$50.96
Billet aluminum is AMI’s material of choice, and it’s a versatile metal. It can be finished in an as-machined state, brushed or polished to mimic chrome. AMI specializes in aluminum: they’ve got finishing it down to a science. Spruce up the exterior of your car or truck with fuel doors, replacement door handles, grill and tailgate emblems, short stubby antennas, exhaust tips, and the traditional license plate frames.
Similarly, AMI has replacement knobs for your radio and heater, seat adjusters, shifter and more, whether in polished or brushed aluminum with o-ring accents. Add in a set of billet-style pedals covers, some shiny, self-adhesive dash accents and a billet mirror, and your ride will be complete. All of these accents are either self-adhesive or attach in seconds with a simple setscrew.
One innovative product from AMI that is genuinely useful is their Hang-A-Hitch. It’s the answer to a problem inherent to the receiver hitch: what do you do with the ball mount to your hitch when the trailer isn’t attached. If you keep it with the truck, it has to go in a toolbox, or inside the cab, or simply left to rattle around in the bed. If it’s left with the trailer, it either sits on the ground, or perches on the tongue. In either case, it’s probe to damage or theft. The Hang-A-Hitch provides a bracket to hold the ball mount safely out of the way, whether it’s inside the pickup bed or alongside the tongue, safe and dry. Drilling a second hole in the mount will allow you to lock it to the vehicle and prevent theft or unauthorized usage.
| Posted by Keith | (Houston, TX)
Looks great. Every vehicle is different. Installation was very easy, but removal of the old fuel cover for the 2014 Tundra requires removal a whole containment unit, then removal of the cover from that unit, and then the installation of the Billet Fuel Door. It would be nice to know that.
| Posted by Michael | (Sebastian, FL)
Product is awesome!!! Quality is great and looks it too!!! Install is tricky and a little more intense if you want it to look perfect as I do. They do not tell you all mods that you might run into. Vary vague. Ease of install for people who have not done this is not that simple. On my 2014 Ram where the factory rubber plugs were at , I had to take a die grinder to grind them flush with the inside lip. Also had to remove on same side existing gas nozzle screw , due to when installed per instructions it created to much of a gap on locking side of it. I had to install a flat flush screw to mount like two that were sent so all three on top of the plate. Also the other side to make flush had to add a couple of washers to each of the long studs before attaching it to the truck to make sure it was even and flush with other side. When installed locking gas cap was to loose . I had to bend lock to make it a tighter fit so it did not flop back and forth while driving. So if you are unfamiliar with having to do modifications it can be frustrating.
Very cool looking product. Item is much larger than picture represents which makes it a great value. Wish the sticker was a little larger for a more secure fit to the hood but overall very satisfied with the appearance. Turns a lot of heads.