Monroe made a name for itself as a leader in the world of aftermarket auto parts production. It manufactures ride control and braking equipment for domestic passenger cars, SUVs, trucks, severe duty and performance vehicles. For almost 100 years, Monroe has been producing struts, shock absorbers, dampers, strut mates, brake pads, brake shoes to provide strong, predictable and quiet stopping power along with a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- Monroe® - Quick-Strut™ Complete Strut AssembliesStarting at: $96.44$96.44
- Monroe® - Econo-Matic™ Complete Strut AssembliesStarting at: $76.69$76.69
- Monroe® - Ceramics™ Brake PadsStarting at: $6.94$6.94
- Monroe® - OESpectrum™ Shocks and StrutsStarting at: $24.16$24.16
- Monroe® - Dynamics™ Brake PadsStarting at: $2.25$2.25
- Monroe® - Sensa-Trac™ Shocks and StrutsStarting at: $21.67$21.67
- Monroe® - Drum Brake ShoesStarting at: $16.28$16.28
- Monroe® - Reflex™ Shocks and StrutsStarting at: $44.13$44.13
- Monroe® - Gas-Magnum™ ShocksStarting at: $32.16$32.16
- Monroe® - Monro-Matic Plus™ Shocks and StrutsStarting at: $18.84$18.84
- Monroe® - ProSolution™ Brake PadsStarting at: $2.25$2.25
- Monroe® - Sensa-Trac™ Load Adjusting ShocksStarting at: $73.92$73.92
- Monroe® - Severe Solution™ Brake PadsStarting at: $61.47$61.47
- Monroe® - Specialty™ Shocks and StrutsStarting at: $30.29$30.29
- Monroe® - Max-Air® Rear Air Adjustable ShockStarting at: $75.40$75.40
- Monroe® - Gas-Magnum™ Front Steering StabilizerStarting at: $32.66$32.66
- Monroe® - Strut-Mate™ Mount ComponentsStarting at: $6.37$6.37
- Monroe® - Parking Brake ShoesStarting at: $18.84$18.84
- Monroe® - Max-Lift™ Trunk Lift SupportStarting at: $12.72$12.72
- Monroe® - Electronic Pad Wear SensorStarting at: $2.25$2.25
- Monroe® - Max-Lift™ Hood Lift SupportStarting at: $11.27$11.27
In 1918, Charles S. McIntyre became a vice president of the Brisk Blast Manufacturing Company in Monroe Michigan, a leading producer of tire pumps. Soon after that, Brisk Blast became the Monroe Automobile Equipment Manufacturer Company and introduced the first self-oiled, single-barrelled tire pump. The revolutionary device caught on with customers and soon, sales climbed from five thousand per week to over two million per year.
In 1926, the company applied their tire pump technology for an entirely new purpose and Shock Eliminator, smoothing the ride for American drivers. For the next 25 years Monroe continued as the ride control innovator and in 1951 introduced the Monroe-Matic, which quickly became the standard of the aftermarket industry. Twenty years later, Monroe went international purchasing Unamuno S.A., a leader in the Spanish shock absorber market and Brazilian MAP Auto Pecas S.A. In 1977, the company became part of Tenneco Inc, which opened new possibilities for Monroe in the global auto market.
In 1989 Monroe gained market share in Europe when it purchased the suspension division of Armstrong Equipment PLC in the UK. This was followed by the acquisition of Rancho Industries, a leader in the light truck and SUV high-performance suspension market. During the 90s Monroe introduced Sensa-Trac shocks and struts and Reflex shocks, securing its position as a global ride control leader. In the new century the company has continued to set the pace with revolutionary products like the Quick-Strut, and a line of premium brake pads that complements Monroe’s legendary ride control.
| Posted by Kevin | (Hackensack, NJ)
I purchased two of these lift supports for my 2005 Mazda6 S Hatchback. There was an issue with the distributor, so I initially only received one of the pair, but CARiD quickly resolved the issue and I received the missing part a day later. Great service. They replaced the factory Stabilus units, one of which had started leaking. The difference was immediate; the trunk had never extended that far up, and the lifts push the trunk once it is open halfway. I bought the car used, and I always had to lift and push the trunk (which is quite heavy) to keep it open. The new lifts make the world of a difference. Highly recommend. Installation was a breeze; I was able to do it myself quite easily, but having someone there to help prop the trunk open would be helpful, especially if the old clips are rusted and difficult to remove.
| Posted by Shawn | (Owego, NY)
As a former mechanic, I installed hundreds of Monroe McPherson struts and found Monroe products to be of the best quality and engineering. When I saw Monroe also made brake pads I did not hesitate to put trust in these also.
| Posted by Bob | (St. Catharines, ON)
Once I found out how the tracking went, and the fact the parts went from Arkansas to Long Island before beginning their trip to there final destination, I was quite pleased with the service. The installation, on the other hand, required the removal of the stock ends from the old parts, the removal of the ends from the new parts, then the replacement with the old ends onto the new parts. Once this was done and the installation complete, the trunk now rises with the greatest of ease. It would have helped if the ends on the new parts hadn't been epoxied on - it needed some very careful but rather hefty torquing to remove them. This, of course, doesn't reflect on CARiD, but the Monroe company itself. All in all this was a good experience from CARiD and I wouldn't hesitate to go to them again in the future. Bob
| Posted by Greg | (Courtice, ON)
I bought this shock for my 300C that was sold in Canada for $700 and not including the Labor, mindblowing how Canadians get ripped off everyday on car parts. I couldn't believe it when I saw the exact same shocks and brand name for $280 each on CARiD. Very good customer service and speedy delivery!
| Posted by Tom | (Beaverton, OR)
Checked out many other sites for these supports. Several cancelled out of stock orders until it came to CARiD. Shocks were perfect replacements for my Highlander. Toyota was wanting $155 bucks a piece. Major savings here. Installment was easy though. Have some one help hold up the liftgate to help fine tune the bolt alignment. Also have a ladder to rest the liftgate on in between installations..
| Posted by Peggy | (Hawesville, KY)
Struts were delivered in 3 days(amazing) easy to install.about 15 minutes per side after car was on stands.Only problem i had was nuts that came with new struts for top did not fit.I used the old ones instead.