The story of JBL that was originally called Lansing Sound, Incorporated takes its roots since October 1946. The company introduced its revolutionary D130 15'' speaker, the first to feature a 4'' flat wire coil-in-cone transducer. From The Jazz Singer to Woodstock to record-breaking tours by U2, Eric Clapton and a lot more, JBL's achievements in audio engineering and sound technology have played a crucial role in how audiences worldwide experience playback at its best.
- JBL® - GTO Series SubwooferStarting at: $50.62$50.62
- JBL® - GTO Series AmplifierStarting at: $143.42$143.42
- JBL® - 5-1/4" MS Series 1200W Components SpeakersStarting at: $189.86$189.86
- JBL® - 450W Loaded Subwoofer SystemStarting at: $168.97$168.97
- JBL® - Class D System Integration Digital Sound ProcessorStarting at: $547.61$547.61
- JBL® - GT Series SubwooferStarting at: $56.97$56.97
- JBL® - 1" GTO Series 300W TweetersStarting at: $56.97$56.97
- JBL® - 2-Way Power Series SpeakersStarting at: $94.95$94.95
- JBL® - 2-Way GTO Series Component SpeakersStarting at: $126.58$126.58
- JBL® - CS Series SVC SubwooferStarting at: $31.66$31.66
- JBL® - GTO Series Coaxial SpeakersStarting at: $50.65$50.65
- JBL® - 1" Power Series 360W TweetersStarting at: $63.28$63.28
- JBL® - 6-1/2" 2-Way Power Series 270W Component SpeakersStarting at: $158.23$158.23
- JBL® - Class A/B 2-Channel 160W Marine AmplifierStarting at: $93.87$93.87
Today, JBL is a unit of Harman International Industries, Inc. and is based in Stamford, Connecticut, providing a wide array of home audio, car and marine audio as well as headphones and wireless speakers. From the very first jump, the JBL brand has been synonymous with the precise, naturally articulated sound that is found in many of the world’s most prestigious locations, like recording studios and cinemas, and live-music reinforcement in venues ranging from concert halls to outdoor stadiums and in the home.
The history of JBL is full of events that have led the company to its current success. One of the most important milestones for the company was the year 1969 when Sidney Harman acquired JBL from William Thomas, the then President of the company. That was the time when JBL embarked on a period of accelerated international growth through the Harman distribution companies.
As a result of their relentless pursuit of innovation and excellence in everything they do, JBL has received a host of rewards. In 2002, three JBL engineers received Science and Engineering Awards from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; in 2005, the JBL Professional series was awarded a technical Grammy by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences; in 2011, JBL became the Best Club Sound System (Manufacturer) at the 2011 Winter Music Conference.
| Posted by Gary | (Fort Myers, FL)
I always liked the bass power of JBL's and their quality in sound and production. since I installed them on my car I have been very satisfied with them. I would recommend it to everyone who wants to really enjoy the music while driving.
| Posted by Abbas | (Knoxville, TN)
I have 2 of these in a sealed box and it bumps. I recommend this for anyone on a budget. You will not be upset. It would sound awesome in a ported box but you can't complain with it in a sealed box. It's simply great.
| Posted by Dory | (Conowingo, MD)
This is a great replacement for a blown or rattling original bass speaker that is in the back deck under the 3rd brake light. Takes a little modifying to install. I can crank it up as loud as i want now, sounds great. No regrets.
| Posted by Henry | (Palm Springs, CA)
This amplifier works and sounds great. I put this amp along with JBL Sub and JBL marine speakers and it drives them crazy. Great adjustments and no distortion. I would recommend.