Pickup trucks are some of the most popular vehicles on the road, and year after year, among the top sellers. The only downside to this is that if you drive one you see a lot of other trucks that look just like yours. Thankfully there’s a ton of accessories available to personalize your pickup, just peruse our digital shelves, but one area that is frequently overlooked is the tailgate. This flat expanse of sheet metal is just begging for some customizing.
If you’re tired of your tailgate looking the same as every 3rd vehicle you pass on the highway, then you’ve come to the right place. Our brilliant chrome and bright polished stainless steel trim will make your truck unique among the ordinary rolling masses. Just punch in your year, make, and model into the dropdown boxes above and explore the many options we offer for transforming your tailgate. From trim pieces to accent panels, we have it all.
As you examine our large selection, you’ll quickly see that these aren’t “one size fits all” trim pieces made for every truck’s tailgate, regardless of make, like you’ll find elsewhere. The designers at the brands we offer use each make and model truck’s tailgate as a palette, creating unique trim that will best accentuate the style and body lines of that particular vehicle. In some cases you have the option of going with trim to frame sections of the tailgate or filling the panels with shine and gleam. We also have panels with the truck make or “4x4” laser cut into the face, for a distinctive appearance.
Regardless of the style trim you select, the one thing you won’t have to worry about is plating peeling off in a couple of years, rust coming up through the surface, or any other kind of deterioration. All of our trim pieces are made from tough ABS plastic or 304 grade stainless steel. ABS plastic is widely used by the OEMs because of its impact, chemical, and heat resistance properties. 304 stainless steel is malleable, yet highly resistant to corrosion. Both ABS plastic and stainless steel can be triple chrome plated for a brilliant luster, and stainless steel can be polished to a mirror-like shine.
Another factor that separates our trim from the bright work of old is the ease of installation. You can leave the drill in the tool box because our trim installs with 3M acrylic foam tape. This adhesive is so strong and durable it’s used by the OEMs to install trim at the factory. The only thing you have to do is make sure the tailgate is clean and dry prior to installation, and test fit the part so you know exactly how it is installed. The latter is extremely important because once the adhesive sticks, the chances of removing the part without deforming it are slim.
- (2,960)Pillar PostsGleaming Glass Partitions
- (3,271)Window TrimGlossy Frames For Panes
- (1,394)Mirror CoversHide Boring Black Plastic
- (2,242)Chrome Door HandlesUpgrade For Eyes And Hands
- (3,175)Fender TrimFrame Your Wheel Wells
- (1,047)Tail Light BezelsLuster For Your Lamps
- (1,317)Headlight BezelsBright Outlines For Beacons
- (2,677)Chrome Rocker PanelsBeauty And Protection
- (777)Body Side MoldingBrighten Drab Expanses
- (1,228)Bumper TrimTransform Monotone Plastic
- (719)Tailgate HandlesOpeners That Shine
- (61)Rear HatchesAdd Chrome, Goodbye Drabness
- (255)Trunk TrimDeck Lid Bling
- (973)Gas CapsFlashy Fuel Doors
- (2,058)Engine TrimAdd Sparkle To Your Power
- (412)Interior TrimDazzle Your Cabin
- (438)Door SillsStainless, Illuminated
- (1,843)Emblems + LetteringShimmering Script
- (197)3rd Brake Light CoversAdd Some Bling to Your Vehicle
- Custom GrillesMesh, Billet, CNC
- (810)Exhaust TipsChrome & Stainless Tips, Tail Pipes
- (265)Side VentsSide Vents & Port Holes
- (164)Wheel SkinsSet Off Your Steelies
- (8,333)License Plates & FramesCustom Logo, Frames, Covers
- (3,853)Aluminum MatsFor The Rugged Individualist
- (1,285)Billet PedalsPads, Covers, Kits
- (702)Hitch CoversStylish Receiver Protection
- (822)Bed RailsBed Rail Protection And Style
- (844)Bed CapsProtect Your Truck Bed Rails
- (20,287)Grille GuardsPush Bars, Bull Bars
- (15,052)Running BoardsSide Steps, Nerf Bars, Step Bars
- (698)Mud FlapsSplash Guards, Rubber, Stainless
- (12,732)Wind DeflectorsRain Guards, Window Visors
- Bug DeflectorsSmoke, Clear, Chrome
Guides & Articles
- Chrome TrimChrome Trim: Overlay vs. ReplacementOne of the more eye-catching tricks automobile manufacturers have used to differentiate higher-priced luxury versions of a car model from value-priced versions of it has been to vary the amount of chrome trim on the vehicle. Base model cars and trucks (also known as "strippers" or "entry level") have little if any chrome while luxury and top-of-the-line ones have the most chrome. In years past, plain Jane cars were simply painted in all areas instead of being chromed. In more recent decades, the low-cost replacement of choice has become black plastic. This makes base models easier than ever to spot because the eye catches hard on black plastic. Completely missing is the pleasing chrome finish on grilles, door trim, mirror assemblies, light bezels, and other areas. Base models end up looking more like fleet vehicles or work trucks than anything prestigious, especially to people who aren't automotive enthusiasts.
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Chrome TrimIs Chrome Back in Style?The brilliant gleam and glimmer that comes from bright chrome and polished stainless steel can transform almost every part of your vehicle! Besides the great selection of trim accessories, you also benefit from the high quality of today’s chrome and stainless steel parts.
Browse by Vehicle
- Buick Tailgate Trim
- Cadillac Tailgate Trim
- Chevy Tailgate Trim
- Chrysler Tailgate Trim
- Dodge Tailgate Trim
- Ford Tailgate Trim
- GMC Tailgate Trim
- Honda Tailgate Trim
- Hummer Tailgate Trim
- Jeep Tailgate Trim
- Lincoln Tailgate Trim
- Mercury Tailgate Trim