Body Kits & Ground Effects
- Full Kits
- Custom Bumpers
- Custom Hoods
- Bumper Lips
- Rear Diffusers
- Custom Fenders
- Custom Fender Flares
- Custom Side Skirts
- Custom Trunks + Hatches
- Custom Roll Pans
- Custom Doors
- Body Side Moldings
- Custom Roofs
- Custom Side Scoops
- Window Louvers
- Engine Covers
- Racing Tow Hooks
- Eye Lids
- Vertical Doors
- Custom Wheels
- Light Covers
- AutoTecknic®Aero Front LipAero Front Lip by AutoTecknic®. This carbon fiber lip is made with 3K twill weave carbon fiber and of 100% true vacuum technology for the ultimate light-weight, high-durability and precise-fitment. Design to utilize the OEM mounting...Engineered to provide easy installationUnsurpassed in design and performance$460.00 - $850.00
- AutoTecknic®Carbon Fiber Performance Style Front SplittersCarbon Fiber Performance Style Front Splitters by AutoTecknic®. Designed to screw directly into the lower factory bumper mounting location for a simple and fast installation. AutoTecknic Performance Vacuumed Carbon Fiber Aero Splitters...Engineered to provide easy installationUnsurpassed in design and performance$400.00 - $650.00
- IVS®Front Chin SpoilerFront Chin Spoiler by IVS®. This component gives your car a lower, more aggressive look while also enhancing brake cooling and aerodynamics. The spoiler is made of reaction injection molded urethane and provides the same outstanding...Adds a sporty look to your carGreatly improves aerodynamics$472.50 - $519.75
- Akrapovic®Carbon Fiber Rear DiffuserCarbon Fiber Rear Diffuser by Akrapovic®. The stunning carbon-fibre diffuser is offered as an option with the choice of a high-gloss or matte finish. It is a completely new design from the one that comes as standard on the car, and it...Unique and innovative design, unsurpassed valueIntegrates with the bumper to reduce aerodynamic drag and maximize downforce$1,104.45 - $2,804.55
- Seibon®Carbon Fiber Rear DiffuserCarbon Fiber Rear Diffuser by Seibon®. Give your car a high-tech aerodynamic look with this carbon fiber rear diffuser cover. A rear diffuser cover can redirect airflow coming from underneath the car to transition smoothly into the...Finished in glossy clear coat that will not chip or flakeAerodynamically designed$510.00 - $765.00
- Vorsteiner®Aero Rear DiffuserAero Rear Diffuser by Vorsteiner®. Material: Autoclaved 1×1 Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber with UV Inhibiting Clear Lacquer Coating. Vorsteiner's Autoclaved Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber structure gives Vorsteiner parts superior stiffness, aerospace...Designed with refinement in mind to offer the ultimate in stylePerfect solution to give your vehicle an aggressive yet elegant look$660.25 - $9,495.25
- Anderson Composites®Rear DiffuserRear Diffuser by Anderson Composites®. If you want to get the most out of your vehicle, this this superior product by Anderson Composites is just what you need. Designed with the utmost care and attention to detail and manufactured from...Designed to comply with strict quality standardsManufactured from high-grade materials$494.10 - $1,394.10
- Carbon Creations®Carbon Fiber Rear DiffuserCarbon Fiber Rear Diffuser by Carbon Creations®. Accelerate the velocity of the airflow underneath your car with this Rear Diffuser. At speed, the rear diffuser will decrease the pressure under the car with a resulting increase in...Racing inspired aerodynamics and styleUsed by professionals in auto racing, drifting and drag racing$143.00 - $1,119.00
- Duraflex®Rear DiffuserRear Diffuser by Duraflex®. Accelerate the velocity of the airflow underneath your car with this Rear Diffuser. At speed, it'll decrease the pressure under the car with a resulting increase in downforce. Increased downforce will help...Helps to elevate your vehicle above the massesProprietary polymer blend for maximum flexibility and strength$47.00 - $697.50
- Liberty Walk®Rear DiffuserRear Diffuser by Liberty Walk®. This diffuser creates a vacuum at the back of the vehicle, which draws air more quickly underneath. Reduce turbulence and ensure the smooth airflow with this top-notch diffuser while making your vehicle...Adds a stylish edge to your vehicleWill improve aerodynamics of your auto$550.00 - $7,020.00
- RKSport®Rear DiffuserRear Diffuser by RKSport®. An Exhaust Diffuser accelerates the velocity of the airflow underneath the car. At speed, it decreases the pressure under the car with a resulting increase in downforce. Increased downforce helps improve your...Adds to the appearance of your vehicleDesigned to increase downforce and traction$309.20 - $1,892.06
- IVS®Havoc Rear DiffuserHavoc Rear Diffuser by IVS®. This kit is just what you need to achieve that very style you've seen in a magazine. All the components are reaction injection molded urethane and ensure the same perfect durability, fit, and finish as OEM...Adds a sporty look to your carGreatly improves aerodynamics$656.25 - $866.25
- AutoTecknic®Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser (BM-0352)Rear Diffuser by AutoTecknic®. Material: Carbon fiber. Installation type: Bolt-on. This is newly released Vacuumed Carbon Fiber Diffuser for the F80 M3 and F82 M4. Designed to mount directly into the lower rear factory bumper for a...Engineered to provide easy installationUnsurpassed in design and performance$680.00
- Seibon®Carbon Fiber Side SkirtsCarbon Fiber Side Skirts by Seibon®, 1 Pair. Give your car a high-tech aerodynamic look with these carbon fiber side skirts. Side skirts minimize the amount of air flowing under the car, and make it look like it's "hugging" the road....Finished in glossy clear coat that will not chip or flakeAerodynamically designed$561.00 - $1,581.00
- Carbon Creations®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by Carbon Creations®. Complete the aerodynamic ground-hugging look with these Side Skirts. Its aggressive style will draw everyone's attention and it will add downforce at speed.Racing inspired aerodynamics and styleUsed by professionals in auto racing, drifting and drag racing$79.00 - $839.00
- Aero Function®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by Aero Function®, 1 Pair. Add aggressive aerodynamic looks to the sides of your vehicle with this set of stylish and functional aerodynamic add-on side skirts from Aero Function. Advanced materials and design ensure...Set of two sectional aero pieces that mount to your vehicle near rear wheel well openingsDirects air flow around the rear wheel areas to reduce drag that occurs in that area$79.00 - $1,655.10
- AIT Racing®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by AIT Racing®. Get a pair of AIT racing side skirts to give your vehicle that super-clean flowing look that will make it easily noticed on the road. Delivering the ultimate in style and functionality, these top-of-the-line...Give your vehicle a sleek flowing appearanceProvide boost in performance by increasing downforce$140.70 - $452.40
- Vaero®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by Vaero®. 2 Pieces. With side skirt rocker panels by Vaero you will get the quality of the OEM product and have your money left in your pocket. Manufactured of premium quality Polypropylene Thermoplastics (PTP), they are...Direct bolt-on replacementUnique gray primer finish, where applicable$159.00
- Anderson Composites®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by Anderson Composites®. If you want to get the most out of your vehicle, this this superior product by Anderson Composites is just what you need. Designed with the utmost care and attention to detail and manufactured from...Designed to comply with strict quality standardsManufactured from high-grade materials$539.10 - $1,349.10
- Liberty Walk®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by Liberty Walk®. Add an aerodynamic, lower look to the sides of your vehicle! Designed to enhance the original lines of your vehicle these side skirts give it a more aggressive stance and ground-hugging look. Dress up your...Will give your auto an aggressive styleDesigned to ensure better air flow$630.00 - $6,430.00
- Air Design®Super Rim™ Satin Black Side Skirts (FO22A06)Super Rim™ Side Skirts by Air Design®. Material: ABS plastic. Finish: Satin Black. Quantity: 1 pair. This top-grade product is expertly made in compliance with stringent industry standards to offer a fusion of a well-balanced design...Expertly manufactured from the highest grade materialsMade to guarantee exceptional reliability$524.24
- IVS®Havoc Side RockersHavoc Side Rockers by IVS®. This kit is just what you need to achieve that very style you've seen in a magazine. All the components are reaction injection molded urethane and ensure the same perfect durability, fit, and finish as OE...Adds a sporty look to your carGreatly improves aerodynamics$624.75
- Duraflex®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by Duraflex®. These side skirts complete your car's aerodynamic, ground-hugging look. Engineered by the top experts, the Duraflex body parts feature precise fit and everlasting quality.Helps to elevate your vehicle above the massesProprietary polymer blend for maximum flexibility and strength$63.00 - $1,079.10
- RKSport®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by RKSport®. These side skirts will add an aerodynamic, lower look to the side of your car. They're designed to gracefully enhance the original lines of the car while giving it a more aggressive stance.Give your vehicle an extra appearance boostUnique combination of aerodynamics and style$183.63 - $915.66
- Street Scene®Side SkirtsSide Skirts by Street Scene®. Complete your vehicle’s sporty look and make it fully unique with these accessories. Featuring reliable urethane construction, the side skirts can take the knocks of everyday driving while looking great....Provide a great sporty lookTough urethane construction$176.82 - $651.91
- Seibon®Carbon Fiber FendersCarbon Fiber Fenders by Seibon®, 1 Pair. Replace your factory fenders with these carbon panels and get high-tech style and a weight reduction. Whether you're a racer or just want to look the part, you can depend on Seibon for style,...Finished in glossy clear coat that will not chip or flakeAerodynamically designed$238.00 - $2,975.00
- Carbon Creations®Custom FendersCustom Fenders by Carbon Creations®. Go all the way with your car's diet with these Carbon Fiber Fenders. They're manufactured from 100% Grade-A Carbon Fiber material and finished with a premium clear coat with UV protection.Racing inspired aerodynamics and styleUsed by professionals in auto racing, drifting and drag racing$399.00 - $1,199.00
- Vaero®Conversion FendersConversion Fenders by Vaero®. 2 Pieces. If your fenders are damaged or rusted, you need a quality replacement. With these fenders by Vaero, there is no need to pay a high price at the dealer. Built from top-quality, durable metal, these...Direct bolt-on replacementLED lights are included, where applicable$399.00
- Duraflex®Custom FendersCustom Fenders by Duraflex®. 1 Pair. Go even further to set your car apart with these stylish fenders. They're light and flexible. Professional installation is required.Helps to elevate your vehicle above the massesProprietary polymer blend for maximum flexibility and strength$63.00 - $1,079.10
- Seibon®Carbon Fiber Trunk LidCarbon Fiber Trunk Lid by Seibon®. Replace your factory trunk lid with this carbon panel and get high-tech style and a weight reduction. Whether you're a racer or just want to look the part, you can depend on Seibon for style,...Finished in glossy clear coat that will not chip or flakeAerodynamically designed$170.00 - $2,125.00
You may have a lot of horsepower under the hood, and your car may be fast, but if it doesn’t look the part you’re going to be ignored down at the drive-in. A ground effects kit or body kit will transform your ride from anonymous to famous, and you may even gain some performance. We have a large selection of kits as well as individual components, in all popular materials, so you can either go all the way at once or build your racer incrementally.
Body kits and ground effects kits are based on modifications made to race cars that enable them to slice through the air with minimum resistance and hug the track for traction. Contents of kits will vary according to vehicle and manufacturer, but generally ground effects kits include a front lip spoiler or air dam, side skirts, and maybe a rear air dam. A body kit includes aerodynamic bumpers and side skirts, and may include fenders, a hood and grille.
The valance panel, also called an air dam, front spoiler, or front lip, on a race car reduces the amount of air flowing under the car. More air is forced around the top and sides of the car and the air that does go under the car flows at increased velocity, creating a low pressure area that “sucks” the car toward the ground. For the street, a valance panel is desirable more for the fact it makes the car look like it’s closer to the ground. The front bumper in a body kit usually incorporates a valance panel. Side skirts work in union with the valance panel to achieve the performance and visual “ground hugging” effect.
Another way to win at the race track is to reduce the weight of the vehicle. This has often proven to be more cost effective than spending a lot of money to make more horsepower. After all, if 2 cars make the same power but one has to haul around less weight, it’s obvious which car will be faster. To that end, we offer fiberglass and carbon fiber trunk lids for popular models that are much lighter than the steel panels they replace. Some are even available with built-in spoilers. But even if you never get near the track, a carbon fiber trunk lid will draw plenty of attention on cruise night.
Of course, not all body modifications are aimed at going fast. Side scoops are usually found on race cars to duct cool air to the brakes and oil coolers, but their street counterparts are designed to just look the part. A roll pan is installed in place of the rear bumper and can be the finishing touch on a lowered pickup. Louvers over the rear window were a popular feature on some ‘60s muscle cars with fastback rooflines. Just as those louvers did, the ones we offer look great, but also help to keep the interior cooler, prevent upholstery fading, and thwart the prying eyes of potential thieves.
The most popular body modification may be adding a rear spoiler, and if that’s the way you want to roll the only problem you’ll have is choosing one from our huge selection. If you just want something subtle then perhaps a tasteful lip spoiler adorning the trunk edge may be the way to go. Or if you like the car makers styling then go for a factory style rear spoiler. Rear window spoilers can provide just a hint of performance on the roofline of a sedan, or be more pronounced on a hatchback. But for the ultimate personal styling statement, install a custom style spoiler for a unique look that says this one’s yours.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- January 11, 2016Lightweight Body Panels | Cut Pounds, Go...If you`re an automotive enthusiast who has visited our performance sections, it`s likely that you know that reducing overall vehicle weight is an effective way to...
- December 30, 2015What Type of Body Kit Material Should I Choose?If you`re reading this, you`ve probably decided the factory stock appearance of your car, while attractive, is rather staid and unexciting. You know that modifying...
- December 29, 2015Body Kit Installation | Weekend DIY, or...At CARiD, we understand how deeply the appeal of side skirts, rear diffusers, aero wings, air dams, custom replacement bumper covers, and other components included in...
- December 17, 2015Are Body Kits for Show or for Go?Full body kits are inspired by the look and functionality of body panel refinements made to racecars after relentless amounts of wind tunnel testing and aerodynamic...