Trailer Hitches & Towing
- Trailer Hitches
- Hitch Balls & Mounts
- Electrical & Wiring
- Brake Controllers
- Pintle Hitches
- Hitch Accessories
- 5th Wheel Hitches
- Gooseneck Hitches
- Weight Distribution
- Sway Control
- Front Hitches
- Tow Bars
- Trailer Couplers
- Trailer Brakes
- Trailer Breakaway Kits
- Tow Lights
- Cargo Carriers
- Hitch Covers
- Hitch Mount Bike Racks
- Hitch Steps
- Straps & Tie Downs
- Trailer Jacks
- Trailer Winches
- Trailer Tool Boxes
- Trailer Lights
- Trailer Accessories
- Towing Mirrors
- Suspension Systems
- Transmission Cooling
- Tow Ready®Adjustable Ball Mounted Tow Bar with Adjustment Arms (63181)Universal Adjustable Ball Mounted Tow Bar with Adjustment Arms by Tow Ready®. Finish: Black Powder Coat. Capacity: 5000 lbs. With Bolt Together 2-Piece Adjustment Arms. Flat-towing is the preferred method for towing a dinghy vehicle...Light-weight, only 31 lbs.Arms adjust from 26" to 41" for universal fit$160.15
- Weigh Safe®Class 5 Adjustable Ball Mount for 3" ReceiversUniversal Class 5 Adjustable Ball Mount for 3" Receivers by Weigh Safe®. With 2" and 2-5/16" Ball. Weight Capacity: 8000 lbs GWT / 21000 lbs GWT. Designed with precision and functionality in mind this top-notch ball mount by Weigh Safe...$339.00 - $359.00
- B&W Trailer Hitches®5th Wheel Companion Hitches5th Wheel Companion Hitches by B&W Trailer Hitches®. Designed with utmost care and attention to detail this top-notch product by B&W Trailer Hitches ensures safety and years of reliable service. It is made from rigid materials using the...Made to stringent quality standardsProvides the finest in workmanship$1,044.00 - $1,262.00
- CURT®Front Trailer HitchFront Trailer Hitch by CURT®. If you want to use the front end of your vehicle for various towing applications, this front mount trailer hitch is the way to go. It can be used for mounting a winch, snow plow, cargo carrier and various...Ideal for attaching a snow plow, cargo carrier, winch, etc.Constructed from robotically welded steel$120.97 - $263.22
- CURT®Class 3 Sway Tab 2" Drop / 3/4" Rise Ball Mount for 2" ReceiversUniversal Class 3 Sway Tab 2" Drop / 3/4" Rise Ball Mount for 2" Receivers by CURT®. Shank Length: 7-1/2". Weight Capacity: 7500 lbs GTW / 750 lbs TW. Ball Hole: 1". Features an extra tab to accept a sway control trailer ball. This...$31.56
- Reese®Elite Series GooseneckElite Series Gooseneck by Reese®. You can easily convert the flip over gooseneck hitch to a smooth bed in mere seconds. Just rotate the handle and flip the ball over. When an ordinary hitch ball is always in the way, the flip over...Superior performance in cross windsEasy hookup$595.61 - $676.88
- Blue Ox®20K Super Ride Rail Mount 5th Wheel Hitch (BXR7200)Universal Super Ride Rail Mount 5th Wheel Hitch by Blue Ox®. 5000 lbs Vertical Tongue Weight, 20000 lbs Gross Trailer Weight. This product is made from high-grade materials to meet the strictest standards of high quality. Designed with...Designed to safely and efficiently haul your loadsMade from the highest quality materials$1,435.00
- WeatherTech®BumpStep™ XL Hitch Step for 2" ReceiversUniversal BumpStep™ XL Hitch Step for 2" Receivers by WeatherTech®. BumpStepXL is an oversized trailer hitch mounted bumper protector that defends your bumper against rear end accidents, dents and scratches. Given its 24" width...Fits any vehicle with a standard 2" receiver hitch.Made in very limited quantities$99.95 - $131.90
- Westin®W4 Series Brake ControlW4 Series Brake Control by Westin®. With this product that is made utilizing only the highest quality materials and the latest manufacturing technologies, you can safely haul your loads no matter whether you're simply going from point A...Unique delta cut safety chain loopsSteel capped tube ends include a rubber plug for a finished look$46.05
- CURT®Class 2 Euro Ball Mount for 1-1/4" ReceiversUniversal Class 2 Euro Ball Mount for 1-1/4" Receivers by CURT®. Weight Capacity: 3500 lbs GTW / 350 lbs TW. This superior product is perfect to make your trailer towing experience safe and convenient. Designed to meet the highest...$27.20 - $29.16
- Bulldog®Adjustable CouplerUniversal Adjustable Coupler by Bulldog®. Limited 5-Year Warranty. Designed for utility, horse/livestock, cargo, and construction trailer applications, BULLDOG Collar-Loks are the strongest in the industry. The BULLDOG design features...Easiest to useStrong in both static and dynamic loading conditions$71.14 - $101.00
- CURT®5th Wheel Leg Kit5th Wheel Leg Kit by CURT®. Whether you are towing cross-country or hitting the family campground, 5th wheel trailers offer superior comfort, towing, and construction. Combine these amenities with a Curt Inc. 5th wheel hitch and you...Industry standard rail system for interchangeabilityTrailer weight ratings to 24000 lbs$471.06 - $544.97
- CURT®Mount Pintle Hook for 2-1/2" ReceiversUniversal Mount Pintle Hook for 2-1/2" Receivers by CURT®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Curt will...$82.35 - $82.88
- CURT®OEM-Style Gooseneck Hitch (60700)OEM-Style Gooseneck Hitch by CURT®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Curt will last a lifetime. It will...Easy, one-person installation requires no lowering of exhaust or spare tireNo drilling necessary except the truck bed holesMail-in Rebate$513.14
- Rola®Hitch Cargo CarrierUniversal Hitch Cargo Carrier by Rola®. Warranty: Limited 5 Years. Versatile cargo solutions allow you to take your friends or the whole family’s gear along for the ride. Plug one of these cargo carriers into your 1-1/4" or 2"...Provides extra cargo capacity, using vehicle hitchIdeal for camping, tailgating and road trips$255.89 - $255.93
- CURT®E16 Series 5th Wheel Hitch HeadE16 Series 5th Wheel Hitch Head by CURT®. 16000 lbs Towing Capacity. Whether you are towing cross-country or hitting the family campground, 5th wheel trailers offer superior comfort, towing, and construction. Combine these amenities...Industry standard rail system for interchangeabilityEasiest hookup, just back into the trailer while looking over your shoulder at the hitch$200.63 - $597.64
- Bully®2 in 1 Hitch Step for 1-1/4" and 2" ReceiversUniversal 2 in 1 Hitch Step for 1-1/4" and 2" Receivers by Bully®. Includes a removable adaptor. Bully Adjustable Tailgate is designed to provide easy accessibility into the vehicle. This tailgate features collapsible design which...Easily extends and locks into placePowder coated heavy duty mild steel construction$49.99 - $59.99
- Blue Ox®Acclaim™ Class 3 Ball Mounted Tow BarUniversal Acclaim™ Class 3 Ball Mounted Tow Bar by Blue Ox®. 5000 lbs Capacity. Tow your vehicle securely behind your RV with this lightweight, rust-resistant aluminum tow bar. Hookup is a snap, even on unlevel ground, thanks to the...Class III tow bar, for use with towed vehicles up to 5,000 lbsSignature Series™ easy-release locking handles for hassle-free disconnect$523.92
- Draw-Tite®Class 4 Ball Mount for 2" ReceiversUniversal Class 4 Ball Mount for 2" Receivers by Draw-Tite®. Ball Hole: 1". These ball mounts fit an industry-standard receiver hitch mount. Simply choose the correct-rated and correct-sized ball to match.$59.09 - $91.96
- CURT®Gooseneck Hitch with Removable Trailer BallGooseneck Hitch with Removable Trailer Ball by CURT®. No Welding Required. Includes Heavy Duty Safety Chain Hookups. The Weight Carrying Capacity is 30000 lbs, while the Tongue Weight is 7500. Fits specific years of the Ram 2500 truck....Will perfectly meet your needsOutperforms competitorsMail-in Rebate$434.27
- CURT®Class 3 Adjustable Dual-Length 6-3/4" Drop / 5-1/4" Rise Ball Mount for 2" ReceiversUniversal Class 3 Adjustable Dual-Length 6-3/4" Drop / 5-1/4" Rise Ball Mount for 2" Receivers by CURT®. Shank Length: 11" or 12". Weight Capacity: 6000 lbs GTW / 600 lbs TW. Ball Hole: 1". Offers a ball mount tongue with two shank...$73.22
- Hopkins®Impulse™ Digital Brake ControlImpulse™ Digital Brake Control by Hopkins®. Designed for ultimate convenience and safety, the brake control solves the problem of inconvenient mounting, out of reach controls and difficult to see displays of traditional brake...Time basedIntuitive, vertical manual slide matches the way a driver reaches for the control$77.77
- SportRack®Vista Folding Hitch Cargo Carrier for 2" ReceiversUniversal Vista Folding Hitch Cargo Carrier for 2" Receivers by SportRack®. The SportRack Vista Hitch Basket is a great way to utilize your 2 inch receiver for cargo. Heavy duty construction with high sides keeps your cargo in.New extended shank to fit more vehiclesFolds against vehicle for better fuel economy$186.89
- Reese®Class 5 Titan™ Solid Shank Ball Mount for 2-1/2" ReceiversUniversal Class 5 Titan™ Solid Shank Ball Mount for 2-1/2" Receivers by Reese®. Shank Length: 10". Weight Capacity: 18000 lbs GTW / 2000 lbs TW. Ball Hole: 1-1/4". These ball mounts fit an industry-standard receiver hitch mount....$66.06 - $72.02
- Pullrite®Traditional™ 5th Wheel HitchTraditional™ 5th Wheel Hitch by Pullrite®. Your hitch is the most important connection - the critical link - between your truck and trailer. Protect your investment, secure your safety and tow more comfortably by choosing a better...Designed for flawless installation of a Super 5th Wheel HitchProvides a stronger, safer, and more stable towing platform$516.17
- TrailFX®Trailer HitchTrailer Hitch by TrailFX®. Receivers are designed for customers with truck, vans, and sport utility vehicles. Designed for today's stylish sport utility vehicles, round tube receivers complement vehicle appearance. 1-1/4 Inch or 2 Inch...$80.63 - $151.39
- Tow Ready®Combo Pintle Hook for 2" ReceiversUniversal Combo Pintle Hook for 2" Receivers by Tow Ready®. Warranty: Limited Lifetime. Pintle hook trailer hitches are popular on construction, agricultural and military trailers. You can either bolt a pintle hook hitch to your truck's...$91.68 - $99.59
- PopUp®Flip-Over Gooseneck HitchFlip-Over Gooseneck Hitch by PopUp®. You can easily convert the flip over gooseneck hitch to a smooth bed in mere seconds. Just rotate the handle and flip the ball over. When an ordinary hitch ball is always in the way, the flip over...Built specifically for your vehicleEnsures safe and reliable towing$372.69 - $465.09
- WeatherTech®BumpStep™ USA Hitch Step for 2" ReceiversUniversal BumpStep™ USA Hitch Step for 2" Receivers by WeatherTech®. The American-themed BumpStep USA is inspired by our commitment to American manufacturing and supporting the American workforce. BumpStep USA is a trailer hitch...Fits any vehicle with a standard 2" receiver hitch.Made in very limited quantities$59.95
- CURT®Class 5 Channel-Style 6" Drop / 5-1/4" Rise Dual Ball Mount for 2" ReceiversUniversal Class 5 Channel-Style 6" Drop / 5-1/4" Rise Gloss Black Powder Coat Dual Ball Mount for 2" Receivers by CURT®. With 2" and 2-5/16" Ball. Shank Length: 12". Offers two ball sizes, two shank lengths and multiple height...$138.03
Before you hit the road with that boat, camper, or any other kind of trailer, first make sure your vehicle can handle the load, and then see us for all your trailer hitch and towing needs. The towing capacity can be found in your owner’s manual and the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) on a label on the door jamb, and you’ll find all the essentials for safe and easy towing right here on our digital shelves. They’re packed with receiver, 5th wheel, and gooseneck hitches; balls, ball mounts, pintle hitches and tow hooks; hitch mount accessories like bike racks, cargo carriers and hitch steps; everything for the trailer including couplers, jacks, brakes, tool boxes, winches, and lights; safety gear like breakaway, sway control, and weight distribution kits; tow bars and tow lights for dinghy towing; and a full complement of hitch and trailer wiring necessities.
If all you have is a ball mounted on a hole in your rear bumper, that’s not going to cut it for towing most trailers. We can set you up with a trailer hitch that mounts to your vehicle’s frame, from Class I hitches that can tow up to a 2,000 lb. trailer all the way up to Class V hitches that can tow trailers up to 20,000 lbs. We offer CAD designed, model specific, receiver hitches for all popular cars, pickup trucks, and SUVs, as well as universal hitches for applications like RVs. We also have front hitches that will enable you to carry cargo, maneuver a trailer, mount a winch, and plow snow. Here you’ll also find weight distribution (WD) hitches to distribute the trailer tongue weight evenly to all axles on the vehicle and trailer, creating a smooth, level ride and optimal steering and braking control. We offer WD hitches with built-in sway control as well as independent sway control devices to reduce trailer sway caused by wind.
You can make the connection from hitch to trailer easily with one of our hitch balls & mounts. We have whatever size you need regardless of length, drop/rise, class, or ball size, including hitch pins and clips. Each features quality welded construction, precision no rattle fit, and corrosion resistant finish. With a receiver hitch you can do far more than just tow conventional trailers. We offer pintle hitches, adjustable mounts, and lunette rings for heavy-duty and off-road towing, and tow hooks and tow strap loops to attach rope, cable or tow straps for vehicle recovery. We also have accessories like hitch-mounted cargo carriers that can increase your vehicle’s carrying capacity, and hitch-mount bike racks that can carry up to 5 bicycles, including models that swing away for access to the tailgate. Give yourself an assist into the truck bed or to the luggage rack with a hitch step, and when not in use, protect the inside of the receiver with a hitch cover.
With a receiver hitch mounted on your vehicle and a tow bar, you can flat-tow another vehicle providing its weight is within your vehicle’s towing capacity and the hitch weight rating, and the vehicle manufacturer has approved it for flat-towing. You will also need brackets called base plates to attach the tow bar to the towed vehicle, functioning lights on the towed vehicle that illuminate in accordance with the tow vehicle’s tail lights, stop lights and turn signals, and a supplemental braking system to ensure safe stopping without overloading the brakes on the tow vehicle. Tow bars are ideal for RVs: bringing along a smaller vehicle on a camping trip, known as “dinghy” towing, means not having to disconnect campground hookups and use your motorhome just to go to a convenience store, and not having to try to maneuver a large vehicle in tight places. We offer a variety of tow bars, vehicle specific base plate kits, several types of braking systems, and universal tow lights kits.
Some very large trailers require a gooseneck or 5th wheel hitch, and professionals who tow large trailers prefer these setups because of their superior handling. We offer a wide range of gooseneck ball mounts including designs for mounting under or over the truck bed, and both types are available with folding balls that fold down into a small compartment when unobstructed use of the truck bed is needed. In addition to an extensive selection of 5th wheel hitches and mounting kits, which includes roller systems for short bed trucks and models that can be easily removed when full use of the truck bed is needed, we also have all the necessary 5th wheel accessories, including lube plates to prevent noise between the coupler and king pin, safety chain loops, and adapters and mounts to attach a 5th wheel to trucks with OE towing prep packages.
Along with the above, here on our digital shelves you’ll also find an extensive collection of parts and accessories for your trailer including trailer couplers, trailer jacks, trailer tool boxes, and trailer winches. Part of towing a trailer safely and legally means having working lights. We have all the harnesses, connectors, adapters and more that are needed for hitch and trailer wiring in our electrical & wiring section, as well as all types of trailer lights, including fixtures with vibration resistant LEDs. All but the smallest trailers need trailer brakes for safe operation, and they’re legally required in many areas. Our brake controllers will apply the brakes evenly, for shorter stopping distances. If the trailer should accidentally become disconnected from the vehicle, we have breakaway kits to apply the trailer brakes. For hitch locks, safety chains, and more, check out our selection of hitch accessories, and you’ll find parts like fender brackets, wheel bearings, rollers and guides for boat trailers, ramps, anchors for tie-down straps and more in our trailer accessories. We also have the gear to outfit your tow vehicle including towing mirrors, 5th wheel tailgates, suspension system components like helper springs and air springs, and transmission coolers.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- April 28, 2015Trailer Breakaway Kits Stop The Trailer If It...Sometimes when towing a trailer, it’s hard not to think about all the things that can go wrong – especially worst-case scenarios such as the trailer breaking free...
- April 24, 2015Trailer Tool Boxes Provide Extra Lockable Space...When you carry a boat, ATV, or other equipment on a trailer regularly, you’re going to need to bring a lot of gear and equipment along for the variety of tasks...
- April 21, 2015Replace Your Worn or Wrong-Sized Trailer CouplerA coupler is the metal piece that physically connects your trailer to the tow vehicle. Once the coupler is permanently bolted or welded to your trailer`s frame rail(s)...
- April 20, 2015Trailer Jacks Keep Your Load Level and SecureEven the smallest of trailers needs the assistance of a jack to get the trailer tongue raised off the hitch ball, or vice versa - especially if you hitch up and drop...
- April 03, 2015Your Trailer Will Stop Straight & True With...If your trailer has sat for a length of time without being used, things may look alright on the outside to the naked eye. However, odds are your trailer’s brake...
- April 02, 2015Hitch Locks Will Secure Your Precious TrailerWe have been extolling the virtues of our lineup of trailer hitches and hitch accessories for quite some time now. If you have reviewed our extensive array in our...
- April 02, 2015Brake Controllers Are A Necessity To Slow Down...This is the year you got serious about your trailering set-up. You`ve treated yourself to a new, top-of-the-line pickup truck with a tow rating high enough to pull...
- March 30, 2015Connect Your Car Lights To Your Trailer Lights...When it comes to "electricity", many people are either scared silly of it, or run the other way rather than try to learn about it. Since it is a powerful force, it...
- March 26, 2015Do You Dip Your Boat Trailer In The Water? Take...At CARiD, we understand that owning a boat is about passion. It involves an appreciation for the vessel itself no matter how large or small, and the satisfaction that...
- March 25, 2015Secure Your Trailer Load With Quality Tie-Down...There are many types of tie-down straps for securing a variety of objects - whether they`re being hauled on a trailer, in a van, or simply tied to a bike rack....
- March 17, 2015Dinghy Towing Is The Answer When The RV Is At CampVacationing by motorhome continues to grow in popularity. Look at the advantages: no need to rent a hotel room night after night. If you have children, your hotel room...
- March 16, 2015Hitch Mounted Cargo Carriers Let You Carry More...Trailer hitches are not just for pulling trailers. At CARiD, we have seen more than our fair share of customers who have purchased a receiver hitch even though they do...