Performance Shocks & Struts
- Teraflex®Series 3.4 Shock Absorber KitSeries 3.4 Shock Absorber Kit by Teraflex®. Falcon Series Remote Air Adjust Piggyback Shock Absorbers feature a two-position Remote Air Adjust Switch to adjust damping settings from soft to firm. These settings are tuned to be...Corner-specific shock absorber with race-inspired performanceAir Adjust Switch with 2 compression settings for large damping adjustments$1,567.49
- Fox®3.0 Factory Race Series Quick Adjustable Bypass Shock Absorbers3.0 Factory Race Series Quick Adjustable Bypass Shock Absorbers by Fox®. Taking inspiration from off-road racing, the Factory Race Series rear upgrade kit for the Gen 2 Raptor utilizes the same technology and parts found on the top...3.0” steel body new, proprietary coating for improved durabilityHard anodized, CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum$2,999.95
- Bilstein®5100 Series Shock and Strut5100 Series Shock and Strut by Bilstein®. BILSTEIN 5100 Series Shock Absorbers are designed specifically to help your lifted truck, Jeep or SUV reach its pinnacle in ride performance, while supplying the correct tuning and length for...Individually engineered for a wide array of specific vehicles and lift combinationsMonotube gas pressure technology$82.64 - $188.37
- Bilstein®B8 5160 Series Shock AbsorberB8 5160 Series Shock Absorber by Bilstein®. B8 5160 Series Stock Mount Remote Reservoir Shocks are a direct-fit for your lifted truck, Jeep or SUV - no cutting or welding required. CA Prop 65 WARNING - This product contains chemicals...Bilstein's industry leading monotube designZinc finish with multi-layer unique Bilstein coating for extreme protection$187.38 - $258.50
- Fox®3.0 Factory Series Shock Absorber3.0 Factory Series Shock Absorber by Fox®. At FOX, racing has always been the cornerstone of product development. FOX devotes countless hours of research and development to design suspension that withstands incredible punishment and...3.0" Smooth bore and honed seamless alloy bodyZinc-plated for long lasting finish$2,269.95 - $2,579.95
- Pro Comp®Pro Runner™ Shock AbsorberPro Runner™ Shock Absorber by Pro Comp®. The gas-charged, monotube design of Pro Comp’s Pro Runner shocks delivers superior performance over traditional twin-tube, hydraulic shocks due to improved cooling and larger piston surface...Monotube designNitrogen gas charged$69.99 - $499.99
- Rancho®Level It™ Leveling KitLevel It™ Leveling Kit by Rancho®. Coil springs are not included in kit. Specifically engineered for high center of gravity light trucks and SUV’s to provide the handling, control and performance expected from Rancho® RS7000®MT...Levels front suspension: Removes the factory rake1.97-in. (50mm) Body Diameter: Delivers both performance and appearance$274.48 - $339.89
- Zone Offroad®Nitro Shock AbsorbersNitro Shock Absorbers by Zone Offroad®. The Zone Nitro Series shocks absorber offers the ultimate in control and performance. The full displaced valving offers a better valving range on both the compression and extension travel. This...Twin-Tube internal designPrecision engineered for your vehicle$45.76 - $65.05
- Rancho®Loaded quickLIFT™ Complete Strut AssemblyLoaded quickLIFT™ Complete Strut Assembly by Rancho®. Award-winning Rancho® quickLIFT™ Loaded assemblies level and lift late-model trucks and SUVs, providing an aggressive stance and allowing for the use of larger wheel and tire...Twin-Tube internal designEasy to Install: Pre-assembled with coil spring and upper mount$219.77
- Bilstein®B8 Series Sport Shock Absorber and StrutB8 Series Sport Shock Absorber and Strut by Bilstein®. If you’re looking for a performance lowering shock absorber or strut, the BILSTEIN B8 Sport Series is up to the task. Designed to enhance your car’s lowered suspension,...Shortened high-performance shock absorbers for virtually every lowering spring set and series production sport vehiclesMarked improvement in safety and performance with additional spring changes (lowering)$86.35 - $470.85
- Daystar®ComfortRide™ Leveling KitComfortRide™ Leveling Kit by Daystar®. Whether you want to raise just the front of your truck to offset a slant-nose factory design or bring both the front and rear up equally, Daystar offers durable polyurethane spacers and bushings...Polyurethane construction on all spacer pieces provides a cushioning effect and avoids noise, vibration, and harshness created by metal-to-metal contactLonger U-bolt shackles and add-a-leafs may be included to raise height for applicable vehicles with leaf springs$39.99 - $289.99
- KSport®Airtech™ Air Strut AssembliesAirtech™ Air Strut Assemblies by KSport®. This is a complete air strut assembly that matches the design of those included with KSport air suspension kits. Save money by replacing only a damaged or worn air strut instead of an entire...Replacement air strut assembly that matches design of those found on complete KSport kitsSave money by replacing only a damaged or worn air strut instead of an entire kit$1,900.00 - $3,895.00
- Tuff Country®SX8000 Shock AbsorbersSX8000 Shock Absorbers by Tuff Country®, Tuff Country EZ-Ride’s SX8000 Nitro Gas shock absorbers are recommended for all full-size applications. The nitrogen gas pressure reduces fading and gives quicker shock response. CA Prop 65...Ideal for lifted full size trucks & SUVsNitro gas charged to limit fading$44.18 - $63.29
- Koni®8041 Race Strut8041 Race Strut by Koni®. The Koni RACE 8041 series shocks are designed as a bolt in application for those running either in high performance driving events, road racing or autocross. These Koni shocks are externally adjustable in...Twin-Tube internal designDesigned for high performance driving events, road racing or autocross$268.74
- KYB®AGX™ Shock and StrutAGX™ Shock and Strut by KYB®. Whether you simply drive in town or prefer a firm, aggressive ride all the time, AGX Shock Absorbers and Struts by KYB are a great choice. These twin-tube hydraulic gas shocks with an external manual...Replacement for an OE monotube shock to restore/keep the vehicle's original performance characteristicsIdeal as an upgrade from an OE twin-tube for quicker, more responsive handling and control$67.68 - $201.01
- KYB®AGX™ Strut CartridgeAGX™ Strut Cartridge by KYB®. Whether you simply drive in town or prefer a firm, aggressive ride all the time, AGX Shocks and Struts by KYB are a great choice. These twin-tube hydraulic gas shocks with an external manual adjustment...Designed for handling precision and ride composureExternally adjustable without lifting the vehicle or removing the tires$98.74 - $98.94
- King Shocks®OEM Performance Series ShockOEM Performance Series Shock by King Shocks®. King OEM performance kit custom tuned to provide your vehicle with unparalleled levels of performance and ride quality. Each kit has been subjected to punishing real world testing to develop...Lightweight Hard Anodized 6063 Aluminum Alloy ReservoirsInternally Threaded Top Cap$532.95 - $2,754.05
- Hotchkis®1.5 Street Performance Series Shock Absorber1.5 Street Performance Series Shock Absorber by Hotchkis®. This is a mono-tube shock absorbers produced under license by Fox. Civilized during street driving, yet progressively tuned with a digressive piston design and high-pressure...Mono-tube shock absorbers that are produced under license by renowned manufacturer Fox Shock AbsorbersGives your classic muscle car optimum performance in slaloms and around oval racetracks$129.99 - $643.96
- Fabtech®Stealth Monotube ShockStealth Monotube Shock by Fabtech®. Stealth is the first all black monotube shock absorber, with an identifiable raised metal nameplate, that represents the signature of quality you can rely on for a superior ride at an affordable...Monotube internal designSeamless steel body$82.54 - $116.44
- Eibach®Pro-Truck Shock AbsorberPro-Truck Shock Absorber by Eibach®. Drop your truck’s ride height, center of gravity, and aerodynamic resistance while you add aggressive style, sportier handling, and better fuel economy. Front lowering kits for trucks include...Monotube designNitro-coated rods$90.00 - $388.00
- ARB®OME™ BP-51 Shock AbsorberOME™ BP-51 Shock Absorber by ARB®. Shock absorbers have been tuned in length and valving specific. To accommodate the large body size of BP-51 a specific lower mount bracket has been developed to provide clearance to the axle....Engineered for both on road and off road drivabilityDurability proven under extensive laboratory and real life testing, supported by scientific data logging$483.43 - $484.50
- QA1®Pro Coil Shock AbsorberPro Coil Shock Absorber by QA1®. Strut is designed specifically as a stock mount non-coil-over strut to be used with factory mounted springs. You can choose from double, single or Drag "R" Series adjustable valving options to get your...Twin-Tube internal designMade in the U.S.A.$130.40 - $305.48
- KYB®MonoMax™ Shock and StrutMonoMax™ Shock and Strut by KYB®. Power up your truck's suspension performance with MonoMax heavy duty monotube gas hydraulic shocks and struts. Thanks to the advanced design, they can handle the toughest work loads and control body...Maximum performance upgrade with up to 40% more damping performance than standard shock absorbersPerfect solution when you need to upgrade suspension performance$62.15 - $108.59
- Superlift®Superide™ Shock AbsorberSuperide™ Shock Absorber by Superlift®. Superide shock absorbers are designed to provide exceptional ride quality, durability and longevity at a very affordable price. Ten-stage velocity sensitive valving allows maximum control on...Twin-Tube internal designPrecision engineered for your vehicle$43.95 - $55.95
- Belltech®Nitro Drop 2™ Shock AbsorbersNitro Drop 2™ Shock Absorbers by Belltech®. This is hydraulic Nitro Drop 2 shock absorber that is designed for optimal performance at a range of ride heights. Low-speed compression damping has been set to maintain OE factory ride...Hydraulic Nitro Drop 2™ shock absorberDesigned for optimal ride comfort at a range of ride heights$41.20 - $164.80
- Whiteline®Shock and Strut BushingsShock and Strut Bushings by Whiteline®. Replace worn shock absorber bushings to as new condition and appearance with Whiteline synthetic elastomer bushings.Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$13.79 - $307.21
- Bilstein®4600 Series Shock and Strut4600 Series Shock and Strut by Bilstein®. Bilstein 4600 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts are designed specifically to help your stock height truck, van or SUV reach its pinnacle in ride performance and handling, while still providing...Monotube gas pressure technologyEasy to install direct bolt-on no modification required$63.28 - $367.36
- ARB®Nitrocharger Sport Shock Absorbers and StrutsNitrocharger Sport Shock Absorbers and Struts by ARB®. The new OME NitroCharger Sport features a triple-stage valving process rivaled only by a remote canister adjustable shock. Stacked into the most durable shock body and adjusted by...Engineered for both on road and off road drivabilityDurability proven under extensive laboratory and real life testing, supported by scientific data logging$64.99 - $249.29
- Cognito Motorsports®Bilstein™ Front ShockBilstein™ Front Shock by Cognito Motorsports®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind. It will meet your needs and deliver...Can provide a comprehensive solution for your suspension needsCrafted utilizing the most current manufacturing technologies$104.50 - $118.75
- aFe®Sway-A-Way™ Shock KitSway-A-Way™ Shock Kit by aFe®. aFe Control is proud to introduce the recently acquired Sway-A-Way line of High Performance replacement shock absorbers. These shocks feature all the same race winning engineering and components that...CNC machined components are made to the strictest tolerancesPolished Nitro Steel shafts for strength and durability$676.39 - $2,234.39
The springs on your vehicle react to bumps, ruts and other road irregularities, cushioning the impact. Struts and shocks control spring movement, isolating the cabin from vibration, preventing excessive body movement and keeping the tire tread in contact with the road, for optimal traction and control. Your OE shocks and struts are fine for cruising, but don’t have the damping calibration to provide the stability necessary for performance driving. Our performance shocks and struts control suspension motion at speed so you have the traction and control you need to go faster and corner harder.
Shocks and struts, collectively called dampers, have pistons that move up and down inside hydraulic fluid cylinders. As the pistons move up and down in response to suspension movement, the hydraulic fluid is forced through small passages and valves in the pistons that resist oil flow, thereby damping spring oscillation and controlling suspension movement. The energy of the spring is turned into heat by the damper. Compression damping affects the spring when the vehicle hits a bump and it compresses, rebound damping controls the spring when it expands and forces the tire back down, after the bump.
Properly designed shocks and struts have valving for all stages of piston movement, from short and gentle travel as would be encountered with minor road irregularities to rapid and lengthy travel caused by potholes. However, OE and ordinary replacement shocks and struts are compromises, with damping that is usually biased toward a smooth ride. When a vehicle is driven hard with such components, the rapid movement of the pistons within the dampers causes the hydraulic fluid to foam and overheat, drastically reducing their ability to control suspension movement. This can result in excessive body roll and dive, unequal tire grip, and poor vehicle control. In contrast, our performance shocks and struts are designed for spirited driving, especially when paired with higher rate performance coil springs.
If your vehicle is equipped with regular hydraulic shocks, you can get an improvement in performance by switching to gas shocks. Gas shocks contain nitrogen gas under pressure, which helps prevent the foaming that results in reduced damping force and poor road holding. And if your vehicle is equipped with twin tube shocks, switching to monotube shocks is a significant upgrade that will give you the benefit of the monotube’s larger piston and increased valving area, for increased damping and better handling, and better heat dissipation through the single tube. The high-pressure nitrogen gas in a monotube shock is in a separate chamber isolated from the fluid by a floating piston, completely preventing aeration. This all adds up to consistent fade-free performance.
Although monotube shocks do a great job of getting rid of heat, for severe conditions like racing and off-roading we offer shocks with external reservoirs, which increase fluid capacity and heat dissipation. We have shocks with reservoirs that attach to the shock body and reservoirs connected with a fluid line that can be mounted remotely. If you want the ability to dial in your own damping rate for performance driving, we have shocks and struts that are externally adjustable without lifting the vehicle or removing the tires. And if you have a front strut equipped truck and want to make it level for an improved stance and the fitment of larger tires, we have struts that allow the lower spring seat to be raised in one of several positions, so you can get the exact ride height you want.
In addition to the above, we also have the shock and strut related accessories that are essential for many performance applications. These include mounts, brackets and kits to run dual shocks, coilovers or custom installations; heavy-duty shock towers and shock and strut mounts that can handle racing and off-road abuse; strut spacers for lifting and leveling; heavy-duty bushings, sleeves, and shock bolts; guards and boots to protect vulnerable shock shafts from damage and premature failure; extension kits that enable the use of shorter OE shocks; and conversion kits that enable eyelet mount shocks to be converted to stud mount. No matter what your performance or racing shock and strut needs may be, you’ll find what you’re looking for here on our digital shelves.
- Lift Kits
- Lowering Kits
- Coilover Kits
- Handling Kits
- Steering Dampers
- Leveling Kits
- Air Suspension
- Conversion Kits
- Coil Springs
- Helper Springs
- Suspension Lubricants
- Sway Bars
- Strut Tower Braces
- Leaf Springs
- Control Arms
- Traction Bars
- Torque Arms
- Subframe Braces
- Suspension Bushings
- Panhard Bars
- Fender Braces
- Torsion Bars
- Ball Joints
- 4 Link Kits & Frames
- Skid Plates
- Bump Stops
- Alignment Kits
- Suspension & Steering Service Tools
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- November 13, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Springs & ShocksIn this (Part 1 of 2) suspension components guide, we`ll clarify the differences between "replacement" (OE factory style) and "performance" (aftermarket) types of...
- October 02, 2015How Do Shock Absorbers Work?Shock absorbers (also known as "shocks") are the suspension components which slow, then stop, the up-and-down bouncing movement of your vehicle`s springs through a...
- April 21, 2015Suspension Enhancements Will Raise The Rear Of...If you are using your "daily driver" car or truck for occasional towing duty, you are looking for that ideal sweet spot where the weekday commute is comfortable and...