- MagnaFlow®Exhaust HeadersExhaust Headers by MagnaFlow®. These headers are a cost effective an easy way to boost your vehicle's horsepower and torque in almost nothing flat. They are made of mandrel bent stainless steel with a ceramic coating that provides heat...Increases Horsepower and Torque to your engineDurable Stainless Steel Ceramic Coated Construction$770.45 - $903.95
- Flowmaster®Scavenger Series HeadersScavenger Series Headers by Flowmaster®. Replace your restrictive factory exhaust manifolds with these stainless steel headers and let your engine breath! These headers are easy to install because they’re designed to directly replace...$654.95 - $873.95
- aFe®Twisted Steel™ HeadersTwisted Steel™ Headers by aFe®. The new Twisted Steel performance header from aFe Power is redefining the header industry with the new pulse control technology. aFe engineers have designed this header using optimum tube lengths and...$428.44 - $2,755.94
- ARK Performance®R-Spec Exhaust HeadersR-Spec Exhaust Headers by ARK Performance®. The ARK R-Spec Header is designed to racing spec. The header is semi-brushed and mirror polished, it has CNC mandrel bent primaries, TIG welded connections, and de-burred and ported...All Bolt-on SystemSUS304 Stainless Steel Construction$892.50 - $1,104.15
- Jet-Hot®Long Tube HeadersLong Tube Headers by Jet-Hot®. Exhausts produced by Kooks are best in class for horsepower and torque gains. Jet-Hot® partnered with Kooks to create these headers due to a shared reputation for sterling quality, craftsmanship, and...$748.80 - $1,450.80
- BBK®Premium Series™ Swap HeadersPremium Series™ Swap Headers by BBK®. Primary Tubing Diameter: 1.625". The Coyote swap Long Tube headers are mandrel bent high flow 1 3/4" tubing with 3" collectors, making them perfect for both n/a and boosted builds.$249.99 - $479.99
- MBRP®Long Tube Exhaust Headers (S7230304)Long Tube Exhaust Headers by MBRP®. Primary Tubing Diameter: 1.875". Collector Outlet Diameter: 3". Header Style: Long Tube. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by MBRP features premium quality and will perform better...1.875” Inch Primary Tubing3” Merge Style Spike Collectors$999.99
- aFe®BladeRunner Exhaust ManifoldBladeRunner Exhaust Manifold by aFe®. Replace the exhaust manifold on your Dodge diesel with the BladeRunner manifold. It was created to address a cracking problem with the stock manifold, but it's so far advanced compared to the stock...$244.14 - $978.49
- Sanderson Headers®Full Length HeadersFull Length Headers by Sanderson Headers®. This top-notch product by Sanderson Headers is made to give that extra boost that every driver appreciates. This product is designed with utmost care and meticulous attention to detail to...$340.00 - $665.00
- Gibson®Performance Exhaust HeadersPerformance Exhaust Headers by Gibson®. Let your engine breathe and gain power and performance with Gibson Performance Headers. These headers will flow much more exhaust than your restrictive factory exhaust manifolds. The increased...$370.95 - $745.50
- Hedman Hedders®Standard Duty Black MAXX Coated HeadersStandard Duty Black MAXX Coated Headers by Hedman Hedders®. The standard-duty Black Maxx™ Hedman Hedders come from the factory with an extremely durable, protective SATIN BLACK ceramic-metallic coating. CA Prop 65 WARNING - This...$514.11 - $805.70
- Hedman Hedders®Standard Duty Mild Steel Black MAXX Satin Black Ceramic-Metallic Long Tube Racing Exhaust Headers (58073)Standard Duty Mild Steel Long Tube Racing Exhaust Headers by Hedman Hedders®. Primary Tubing Diameter: 1.75". Collector Outlet Diameter: 2.5". Color: Black. Header Coating: Ceramic Coating. Header Style: Long Tube. The standard-duty...Made of High Quality MaterialsExtremely durable, protective SATIN BLACK ceramic-metallic coating$542.84
- Weapon-R®Race Stainless Steel Exhaust HeadersRace Stainless Steel Exhaust Headers by Weapon-R®. These free-flowing headers are designed to increase exhaust flow and make as much horsepower and torque as possible.$204.96 - $749.22
- MagnaFlow®OEM Grade Exhaust ManifoldOEM Grade Exhaust Manifold by MagnaFlow®. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check. This converter is part of the exhaust header/manifold assembly, and it will directly replace the factory...$299.35 - $1,092.58
- MagnaFlow®Exhaust ManifoldExhaust Manifold by MagnaFlow®. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check. This converter is part of the exhaust header/manifold assembly, and it will directly replace the factory unit, with...Made to provide unequaled quality and reliabilityMade with the use of the latest technologies$402.61 - $1,094.30
- MagnaFlow®Heavy Metal Exhaust ManifoldHeavy Metal Exhaust Manifold by MagnaFlow®. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check. This converter is part of the exhaust header/manifold assembly, and it will directly replace the factory...$250.94 - $836.61
- MagnaFlow®OBDII Exhaust ManifoldOBDII Exhaust Manifold by MagnaFlow®. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check. This converter is part of the exhaust header/manifold assembly, and it will directly replace the factory unit,...$420.14 - $1,006.97
- MagnaFlow®Pre-OBDII Exhaust ManifoldPre-OBDII Exhaust Manifold by MagnaFlow®. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check. This converter is part of the exhaust header/manifold assembly, and it will directly replace the factory...$479.30 - $549.10
- Flowmaster®Standard Grade Exhaust Manifold ConverterStandard Grade Exhaust Manifold Converter by Flowmaster®. Flowmaster's Standard Grade line of Manifold direct fit catalytic converters are specifically designed to meet or exceed OEM specifications for exact fit and performance, and are...$148.95 - $769.95
- aFe®Direct Fit Exhaust Manifold with Integrated Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Exhaust Manifold with Integrated Catalytic Converter by aFe®. Replace the faulty or old rear catalytic converter with the all new aFe power direct-fit front cat replacement. This cat replacement is constructed of 100% MIG...$438.89 - $449.34
- aFe®PFADT Series™ HeadersPFADT Series Headers by aFe®. aFe Power’s introduces the PFADT Series headers. These headers are constructed of near equal length mandrel-bent 16-gauge, 304 stainless steel tubing with thick flanges to ensure a leak free seal. The...$1,294.84 - $2,132.74
- aFe®PFADT Series™ Racing Headers and X-PipePFADT Series™ Racing Headers and X-Pipe by aFe®. 100% TIG-Welded by certified craftsmen for race proven strength and durability. Paired opposite firing cylinders with equal, specifically tuned primary lengths maximizes scavenging and...$1,840.14 - $2,132.74
- BBK®CNC Series™ Exhaust HeadersCNC Series™ Exhaust Headers by BBK®. Gain 30 plus dyno-proven horsepower just by bolting on a set of BBK long tube, full length headers. These premium headers are CAD designed with a one-piece laser cut exhaust flange, CNC mandrel...Dyno testing results show a typical increase of 30 horsepowerDeveloped using CAD (Computer Aided Design) software+1$209.99 - $1,299.99
- BBK®Tuned Length Shorty HeadersTuned Length Shorty Headers by BBK®. Gain 15-20 dyno-proven horsepower at the rear wheels just by bolting on a set of BBK long tube, full length headers. These premium headers are CAD designed with a one-piece laser cut exhaust flange,...$209.99 - $649.99
- MBRP®H-PipeH Pipe by MBRP®. Adding an H-pipe to a dual exhaust system will give you a throatier rumble at idle, less rasp at wide-open-throttle, and reduce drone at speed. Bonus: more low-end torque without subtracting any of the top end.Reduces Sound Level at Lower rpmsH-pipe design$154.99 - $1,499.99
- Borla®Racing HeadersRacing Headers by Borla®. 304 stainless steel for long life. Connects to the factory mid-pipe. Mandrel-bent for smooth curves. All Borla headers are backed by the Million-Mile warranty. CA Prop 65 WARNING - This product can expose you...$659.99 - $720.99
- Sanderson Headers®Fenderwell HeaderFenderwell Header by Sanderson Headers®. This top-notch product by Sanderson Headers is made to give that extra boost that every driver appreciates. This product is designed with utmost care and meticulous attention to detail to...$505.00 - $755.00
- Sanderson Headers®Hugger HeadersHugger Headers by Sanderson Headers®. This top-notch product by Sanderson Headers is made to give that extra boost that every driver appreciates. This product is designed with utmost care and meticulous attention to detail to guarantee...$265.00 - $625.00
- Sanderson Headers®Twister Exhaust HeaderTwister Exhaust Header by Sanderson Headers®. The new Twister outside chassis header offers a unique look to roadster header design while including important features to make your installation easy and trouble-free. Mufflered exhaust...Engineered to enhance your vehicle's performanceMade to stringent quality standards$1,360.00 - $1,500.00
- Gibson®LS Swap Racing Exhaust HeadersLS Swap Racing Exhaust Headers by Gibson®. Let your engine breathe and gain power and performance with Gibson Performance Headers. These headers will flow much more exhaust than your restrictive factory exhaust manifolds. The increased...$577.19 - $656.93
The easiest way to get more power from your engine is to let it breathe better, increasing intake and exhaust flow. Factory exhaust systems are compromises, with noise reduction usually a priority over performance. Installing a performance exhaust system should be the first step to improve flow, but if you want to go further, mount a set of headers in place of your exhaust manifolds. Most stock exhaust manifolds are very restrictive; when designed more attention is often paid to engine compartment fit than exhaust flow. Headers reduce restriction and enable your engine to make more horsepower.
Factory log-type exhaust manifolds are especially restrictive because all of the exhaust pulses dump into the same small space. In contrast, an exhaust header has individual tubes so each exhaust pulse can flow freely from the exhaust port. While some OE manifolds have individual runners, they are usually small in diameter and make sharp bends that restrict flow. Headers generally have larger diameter tubes, plus the tubes are mandrel bent, which ensures the diameter remains the same through the curvature of the tube. Flow is increased throughout the length of the tube.
Besides less restriction, headers can also increase performance because of the “scavenging” effect. Individual tubes all meet in a larger tube called a collector. When an exhaust gas pulse exits a header tube into the collector, a negative pressure wave is created that travels back up the header tube to the exhaust port during valve overlap. This negative pressure helps pull any remaining exhaust gas from the cylinder and can help draw the incoming intake charge into the cylinder. The scavenging effect makes more power, but how much and in what rpm range depends on the length of the header tubes.
Headers come in a number of configurations, including short tube, or “shorty” headers, mid-length, and long tube, also called full length. In general, it’s usually easier to achieve the aforementioned scavenging effect with long tube headers, but there are also shorty headers with equal length tubes. Long tube headers require that the exhaust pipes be cut and a connection made with the header collectors, and we offer a complete selection of flanges, gaskets, and reducers to accomplish this. The tubes on short tube headers generally fit more easily in the engine compartment and some are designed to connect to the existing exhaust pipe flanges, so no cutting or welding is necessary. We also offer short tube headers that come complete with catalytic converter.
On most headers all 4 pipes end together in the collector, but there are also so-called “tri-y”, or 4-2-1 headers. On the latter, the opposite cylinders in the firing order are paired in a short “Y”, and then the Ys combine in the collector. No matter what your performance goals are or what you drive we have the headers for the job, including EPA and CARB compliant street headers, block-hugging street rod headers, headers for use with turbochargers, headers designed for low-end torque, high rpm headers for every type of racing, and much more. We offer headers in stainless steel, steel that’s been coated to prevent corrosion, and even titanium. Stainless steel headers will not rust but they may turn blue near the head flange. Ceramic coatings are durable and can withstand high temperatures.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- August 18, 2015Are Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its...