Jeep Cherokee Accessories & Parts
- Running Boards
- Custom Grilles
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Off-Road Bumpers
- Bed Accessories
- Grill Guards
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Fender Flares
- Bug Deflectors
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Armor & Protection
- Car Tents
- Soft Tops & Hard Tops
- Spare Tire Covers & Carriers
- Snow Plows
- Vertical Doors
- Sunroof Visors
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
One of America's original compact SUVs, the Jeep Cherokee first made its way onto U.S. roads for the 1984 model year. The XJ stayed in production until 2001, and during its peak the Cherokee was one of the highest-rated vehicles in its class. At launch, the Jeep Cherokee was equipped with a 2.5L inline four-cylinder engine, which produced up to 105 horsepower or a 2.8L V6 that churned out 115 horsepower. Engines were typically mated to either a four-speed manual transmission or a three-speed automatic. Initial trim levels were the Pioneer and the Chief, with the latter offering a sportier list of options as well as Command-Trac (or Selec-Trac). As for the model's dimensions, the Jeep Cherokee measured in with a shorter-than-usual 101.4-inch wheelbase and weighed just over 3,000 pounds, which was considerably smaller than its more traditionally-sized American competitors.
The model was updated in 1987 to include an influx of power, as Jeep gave the Cherokee a 4.0L inline six-cylinder configuration that got credit for producing up to 177 horsepower. At the same time, the original inline four-cylinder engine was given a boost up to 121 horsepower. Versions of the Cherokee outfitted with the inline six-cylinder received a four-speed automatic transmission. Trim levels were also changed to the Laredo and Limited, with the Limited decked out with gold mesh wheels. The Cherokee parts were not given too many other updates for the next few years, although in 1991 the four-cylinder engine was increased to 130 horsepower, while the inline six-cylinder got credit for 190 horsepower. First-generation Cherokees were assembled until 1996. In 1997, the new second generation of the model was introduced.
When the second generation of the Jeep Cherokee rolled off the line, it bore a striking resemblance to the previous one. That's because Jeep did not alter the exterior very much aside from giving the vehicle revised tail lights and smoother lines. The interior was improved considerably, however, with dual airbags, a new dash console, and other Jeep Cherokee parts. Under the hood was either a 2.5L inline four-cylinder engine or a 4.0L inline six-cylinder which delivered up to 190 horsepower. The four-cylinder configuration was mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a three-speed automatic, while the bolder inline six was geared to a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic. Once again, Jeep's Command-Trac and Selec-Trac four-wheel drive systems were available. Trim levels were updated to the base SE, Sport, and Country, although towards the end of the Cherokee's time in production, the Country was dropped from the lineup. Instead, a new Classic trim was brought in and the Limited returned, with both slotting in above the Cherokee Sport.
Known for its rugged looks, compact size, and off-road versatility, the Jeep Cherokee stands proud as one of America's first do-it-all SUVs. Drivers from coast to coast have enjoyed hopping behind the wheel of this machine for trips into the city or to the camp grounds. With the right amount of performance and nifty handling to back it up, the Cherokee has endured because it can handle all types of terrain. The only thing missing from your version is a touch of personality to help take it all the way. At CARiD, that is never an issue, as we have accessories and parts for the Jeep Cherokee to help you feel even more at home inside your vehicle.
Inside our selection of Jeep Cherokee Accessories and Parts, you'll soon discover the spectrum of possibilities that awaits. Everything from grilles and chrome trim to floor mats and cargo liners is right here. Our entire inventory of Jeep Cherokee accessories and parts comes to you from the most respected manufacturers in the game at competitive prices. If you've been itching to hook up with Jeep Cherokee accessories, CARiD.com is always the place to be!
Whatever you expect from your Jeep Cherokee, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Jeep Cherokee and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- August 07, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Tires?Tires exist for every variation of automotive use imaginable. For example, there are tires tailored to everyday passenger car use, racing, off-roading, commercial...
- July 05, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Shock Absorbers?Shock absorbers are suspension components that dampen and halt the up-and-down movement of your vehicle`s springs. If these control devices weren`t part of the...
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It`s how you feel what`s happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 15, 2018Shopping Guide - Custom & Factory HeadlightsIf the front of your vehicle is its "face", then the headlamps are its "eyes". Everyone notices them. One of the most distinctive changes you can make to the face of...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- May 22, 2017High-End Audio Demands Its Own Battery SourceWhen you`re driving and headlights start to dim because a high-powered stereo is cranking, that means the deep bass you hear is causing total vehicle electrical draw...
- July 03, 2012Custom Wheels 101If you`re considering upgrading your car or truck with larger custom wheels or OEM factory wheels, you`ve come to the right place. We’ve got lots of stylish wheels...