Buick Skylark Accessories & Parts
- Chrome Trim
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Car Tents
- Spare Tire Covers & Carriers
- Custom Grilles
- Body Kits
- Fender Flares
- Vertical Doors
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
Unveiled in 1953, the Buick Skylark was a convertible introduced to mark the Buick's 50th anniversary. The Skylark became the third specialty convertible produced by General Motors in 1953, the other two were the Oldsmobile Fiesta and the Cadillac Eldorado. The model was produced in seven generations, and each time the design and accessories os the Buick Skylark greatly changed to meet customers' demands and the latest technologies. The first version featured the 5.3 L Nailhead V8 engine and a 12 volt electrical system, which were used on Buick for the first time. It was regarded a handmade car as many of the Buick Skylark parts, such as fenders, doors, and some other exterior components, were designed specifically for that model.
Unlike the first generation Skylark that was available as a two-door convertible, the second generation, introduced in 1961, came in several body styles: 2-door convertible, 2-door hardtop, 2-door coupe, and 4-door station wagon. In 1962 the Skylark became a separate model instead of being a sub-series of the Buick Special. The third generation Skylark moved to a new intermediate-size chassis. The engine range now offered a choice of 4.1 L Chevrolet I6, 3.7 L V6, and 4.9 L- 7.5 L V8 engines. The forth generation Skylark, produced in 1980-1985, was no longer available in a two-door hatchback body-shell. It featured a new X-body architecture and now somewhat resembled the G-body mid-size vehicles. The car was available in a two-door coupe or four-door sedan body style and in three trims: base, Sport, and Limited. The available engines were 2.5 L Tech-4 I4 and 2.8 L X V6. The pre-last, sixth generation Skylark, featured a more upscale and aerodynamic design and now came with the long-hood, short-deck look, which was popular in late 1980s. It was equipped with 2.3 L Quad-4 I4, 2.5 L Tech-4 I4, 3.0 L Buick V6, and 3.3 L Buick V6 engines.
The last generation of the Buick Skylark, which came in 1992, was totally redesigned featuring 'new age' styling. It was offered in a two-door coupe and four-door sedan, in base and Gran Sport versions. In 1993 Custom and Limited trims replaced the base model. A new 2.4L DOHC engine, delivering 150 horsepower, replaced previous 2.3L version. There was also an 'Olympic Edition' offered in 1996 to mark the 100th anniversary of the Olympic Games. This special edition came with such accessories as the gold "Skylark" badges, gold USA/5-ring badging on the fenders, and gold-accented wheel covers. Production of both the Buick Skylark parts and the model itself was discontinued in December 1997. There was no direct replacement for this car, and Buick directed its potential buyers to the mid-size Century model. Though the great Skylark era ended, this car, especially in its earlier versions, is still held in respect among the retro cars experts.
The Buick Skylark history embraced seven generations with numerous facelifts, improvements, and innovations that gained popularity and well-deserved recognition for the Skylark. From the very beginning, the 1953 Skylark was designed to be the most luxuriously equipped car Buick ever produced. Over its 45 years of existence, the Buick Skylark had strong brand awareness in spite of all exterior and interior changes. The Skylark with its abundant history became one of those remarkable cars of the time that pioneered the way for the luxury successors. Regardless of ups and downs, the Buick Skylark is widely regarded as an integral part of the US automotive history.
This iconic machine will always be considered Buick's flagship, and that means treating it right is a hefty responsibility. At CARiD.com, we understand. Our selection of Buick Skylark Accessories and Parts comes straight to you from world-class manufacturers who understand your model best. Buick Skylark accessories and parts can play crucial role in keeping your car as classy, stylish, and comfortable as ever. Don't turn your back on the chance to do it right. CARiD's inventory of Buick Skylark accessories will never let you down.
Whatever you expect from your Buick Skylark, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Buick Skylark and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- August 07, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Tires?Tires exist for every variation of automotive use imaginable. For example, there are tires tailored to everyday passenger car use, racing, off-roading, commercial...
- July 05, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Shock Absorbers?Shock absorbers are suspension components that dampen and halt the up-and-down movement of your vehicle`s springs. If these control devices weren`t part of the...
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It`s how you feel what`s happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 15, 2018Shopping Guide - Custom & Factory HeadlightsIf the front of your vehicle is its "face", then the headlamps are its "eyes". Everyone notices them. One of the most distinctive changes you can make to the face of...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- May 22, 2017High-End Audio Demands Its Own Battery SourceWhen you`re driving and headlights start to dim because a high-powered stereo is cranking, that means the deep bass you hear is causing total vehicle electrical draw...
- July 03, 2012Custom Wheels 101If you`re considering upgrading your car or truck with larger custom wheels or OEM factory wheels, you`ve come to the right place. We’ve got lots of stylish wheels...