Buick Skylark Accessories & Parts
- Chrome Trim
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Car Tents
- Spare Tire Covers & Carriers
- Body Kits
- Fender Flares
- Vertical Doors
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
- Starting & Charging
- Suspension Parts
- Brake Parts
- Engine Parts
- Exhaust Parts
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel Delivery
- Steering Parts
- Driveline & Axles
- Electrical Parts
- A/C and Heating
- Transmission Parts
- Ignition Parts
- Emission Control
- Air Intake Parts
- Oils, Fluids, Lubricants
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Auto Detailing
- Automotive Tools
Unveiled in 1953, the Buick Skylark was a convertible introduced to mark the Buick's 50th anniversary. The Skylark became the third specialty convertible produced by General Motors in 1953, the other two were the Oldsmobile Fiesta and the Cadillac Eldorado. The model was produced in seven generations, and each time the design and accessories os the Buick Skylark greatly changed to meet customers' demands and the latest technologies. The first version featured the 5.3 L Nailhead V8 engine and a 12 volt electrical system, which were used on Buick for the first time. It was regarded a handmade car as many of the Buick Skylark parts, such as fenders, doors, and some other exterior components, were designed specifically for that model.
Unlike the first generation Skylark that was available as a two-door convertible, the second generation, introduced in 1961, came in several body styles: 2-door convertible, 2-door hardtop, 2-door coupe, and 4-door station wagon. In 1962 the Skylark became a separate model instead of being a sub-series of the Buick Special. The third generation Skylark moved to a new intermediate-size chassis. The engine range now offered a choice of 4.1 L Chevrolet I6, 3.7 L V6, and 4.9 L- 7.5 L V8 engines. The forth generation Skylark, produced in 1980-1985, was no longer available in a two-door hatchback body-shell. It featured a new X-body architecture and now somewhat resembled the G-body mid-size vehicles. The car was available in a two-door coupe or four-door sedan body style and in three trims: base, Sport, and Limited. The available engines were 2.5 L Tech-4 I4 and 2.8 L X V6. The pre-last, sixth generation Skylark, featured a more upscale and aerodynamic design and now came with the long-hood, short-deck look, which was popular in late 1980s. It was equipped with 2.3 L Quad-4 I4, 2.5 L Tech-4 I4, 3.0 L Buick V6, and 3.3 L Buick V6 engines.
The last generation of the Buick Skylark, which came in 1992, was totally redesigned featuring 'new age' styling. It was offered in a two-door coupe and four-door sedan, in base and Gran Sport versions. In 1993 Custom and Limited trims replaced the base model. A new 2.4L DOHC engine, delivering 150 horsepower, replaced previous 2.3L version. There was also an 'Olympic Edition' offered in 1996 to mark the 100th anniversary of the Olympic Games. This special edition came with such accessories as the gold "Skylark" badges, gold USA/5-ring badging on the fenders, and gold-accented wheel covers. Production of both the Buick Skylark parts and the model itself was discontinued in December 1997. There was no direct replacement for this car, and Buick directed its potential buyers to the mid-size Century model. Though the great Skylark era ended, this car, especially in its earlier versions, is still held in respect among the retro cars experts.
The Buick Skylark history embraced seven generations with numerous facelifts, improvements, and innovations that gained popularity and well-deserved recognition for the Skylark. From the very beginning, the 1953 Skylark was designed to be the most luxuriously equipped car Buick ever produced. Over its 45 years of existence, the Buick Skylark had strong brand awareness in spite of all exterior and interior changes. The Skylark with its abundant history became one of those remarkable cars of the time that pioneered the way for the luxury successors. Regardless of ups and downs, the Buick Skylark is widely regarded as an integral part of the US automotive history.
This iconic machine will always be considered Buick's flagship, and that means treating it right is a hefty responsibility. At CARiD.com, we understand. Our selection of Buick Skylark Accessories and Parts comes straight to you from world-class manufacturers who understand your model best. Buick Skylark accessories and parts can play crucial role in keeping your car as classy, stylish, and comfortable as ever. Don't turn your back on the chance to do it right. CARiD's inventory of Buick Skylark accessories will never let you down.
Whatever you expect from your Buick Skylark, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Buick Skylark and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...
- December 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- September 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...
- July 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...
- July 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...
- June 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...
- May 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...
- May 16, 2017Four Great Reasons to Use a Spare Tire CoverSpare tire covers: You’ve seen them everywhere on the backs of Jeeps and SUVs, but maybe you’ve been hesitant about getting one for your own 4x4. In this article,...
- May 15, 2017The Five Best Reasons to Spring For an...Since time began, camping outdoors has had a strong allure. Once a necessity, it's now a rejuvenating way to get back to our roots by experiencing the wonders of...