Pontiac G5 Accessories & Parts
- Starting & Charging
- Suspension Parts
- Brake Parts
- Engine Parts
- Exhaust Parts
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel Delivery
- Steering Parts
- Driveline & Axles
- Electrical Parts
- A/C and Heating
- Transmission Parts
- Ignition Parts
- Emission Control
- Air Intake Parts
- Oils, Fluids, Lubricants
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Auto Detailing
- Automotive Tools
The Pontiac G5 is a compact coupe that premiered for the 2007 model year. It is essentially a Chevy Cobalt with different badging, options, and trim levels. At its launch, the Pontiac G5 was outfitted with a 2.2L inline four-cylinder engine good for 148 horsepower and 152 pounds-per-foot of torque directed through a standard five-speed manual transmission with a four-speed automatic available as an option (GT trims used a 2.4L four-cylinder which got credit for 173 hp). The G5 also used a semi-independent rear-suspension with torsion bars. As for the vehicle's overall dimensions, the Pontiac G5 measured in with a wheelbase of 103.5 inches, a width of 67.5 inches (2008- 67.9 inches), a height of 55.6 inches (2008- 55.7 inches), and an overall length of 179.8 inches.
Two trim levels were offered when the G5 debuted: base and GT. Base models were equipped with air conditioning, power accessories, remote keyless entry, a split-folding rear seat, a driver-seat height adjuster, a CD/MP3 audio system, 15" wheels, and a rear spoiler. GT versions of the G5 showcased 17" alloy wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, foglights, a leather-wrapped steering wheel (with mounted audio buttons), and cruise control. The Pontiac G5 Premium Package included leather upholstery, heated front seats, and an upgraded stereo system. A separate Sun and Sound Package showcased the same audio system along with a sunroof. For its second year on the road in 2008, the Pontiac G5 wasn't given many updates to its parts. Satellite radio and side-curtain airbags were made standard across the board while the GT trim level received stability control and OnStar as standard equipment.
Pontiac did away with the GT's 2.4L configuration and instead installed the base 2.2 inline four-cylinder (155 horsepower and 150 pounds-per-foot of torque) across the board. The engine was once again mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission with a four-speed automatic obtainable as an option. Base versions of the G5 with the manual gearbox were referred to as the XFE. Base G5s were equipped with 15" wheels with plastic covers, remote keyless entry, split-folding rear seats, OnStar, a CD/MP3 stereo, satellite radio, Bluetooth, and iPod capability. The GT was outfitted with 17" alloy wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, sport-rocker molding, a revised front airdam with foglights, cruise control, steering-wheel mounted audio buttons, and an upgraded stereo. Safety features such as front airbags, side-curtain airbags, and a passenger-sensing airbag deployment system were standard on both trim levels.
Drivers of the Pontiac G5 go the distance. This coupe doesn't lag behind its competition, but instead grows stronger as the game tightens. Its exterior parts are silky smooth, contouring brightly to emit a stylish presence on the road. It has the pop in performance to turn a head or two, and is solidly economical on fuel as well. But that's not what gets attention. The G5 is a rare model that might look meek at first glance but when propped up with the right accessories and parts, it can receive the appearance of a show car. Truly an inviting canvas to display your own personal touch.
At CARiD.com, we know a thing or two about premium quality, which is why our selection of Pontiac G5 Accessories and Parts comes from the best names in the world. Anything you need to display rockstar style and attitude or instead demonstrate intense protection against the elements, our inventory of Pontiac G5 accessories has you covered. Spoilers, grille guards, floor mats, and much more are available right here. Your ride is a big part of who you are. Treat it right with Pontiac G5 accessories and parts that unleash a true custom presence!
Whatever you expect from your Pontiac G5, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Pontiac G5 and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...
- December 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- September 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...
- July 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...
- July 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...
- June 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...
- May 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...
- May 16, 2017Four Great Reasons to Use a Spare Tire CoverSpare tire covers: You’ve seen them everywhere on the backs of Jeeps and SUVs, but maybe you’ve been hesitant about getting one for your own 4x4. In this article,...
- May 15, 2017The Five Best Reasons to Spring For an...Since time began, camping outdoors has had a strong allure. Once a necessity, it's now a rejuvenating way to get back to our roots by experiencing the wonders of...