Mini Cooper Accessories & Parts
- Starting & Charging
- Suspension Parts
- Brake Parts
- Engine Parts
- Exhaust Parts
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel Delivery
- Steering Parts
- Driveline & Axles
- Electrical Parts
- A/C and Heating
- Transmission Parts
- Ignition Parts
- Emission Control
- Air Intake Parts
- Oils, Fluids, Lubricants
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Auto Detailing
- Automotive Tools
The history of the Mini Cooper traces its roots back to 1959, when the original Mini, a small economy car, was introduced by the British Motor Corporation (BMC). Being a response to fuel shortage, it was designed as a fuel-efficient and affordable automobile, featuring a transverse engine front-wheel drive layout that considerably economized the interior space. It quickly became popular, turning into a fashionable icon of the 1960s lifestyle. The Mini Cooper was launched in 1961 as a performance version of the first generation Mini, intended to take part in motorsport competitions. A few years later, the Mini Cooper S was unveiled, being the most performing model in the lineup. The latter proved successful as a rally car, numerously becoming the champion of the Monte Carlo Rally.
The Mini Cooper was designed by Alex Issigonis, the creator of the original Mini, and John Cooper, who was famous for building cars for Formula One. The model was powered by an 848 cc engine, that was later increased to 997 cc, raising the output from 34 to 55 bhp. Among the most distinctive Mini Cooper parts were a powerful straight 4 engine tuned for racing, twin SU carburettors, front disc brakes, and a closer-ratio transmission. In 1964, the longer stroke engine was substituted by a shorter stroke one with a displacement of 998 cc. The Cooper S featured a 1071 cc power unit and larger disc brakes with a vacuum servo. The Mark I Mini Cooper was sold from 1961 through 1967, with total amount of sales reaching 64,000 units. And from 1967 to 1970, there were 16,000 Mark II Mini Coopers sold.
Throughout the 1970s and the 1980s, the future of the Mini Cooper was rather dubious: the license for the model's design was sold to Italian and Spanish companies, Innocenti and Authi respectively. In the next decade, the rights to the Mini were passed to the Rover Group, a British auto manufacturing company which was bought by BMW in 1994. After a long break, the Mini Cooper returned to the market in 2001. BMW tried to resurrect the legend, adjusting the original auto for hatchback, convertible, and hardtop versions. New Cooper parts include a base 1.5L three-cylinder engine producing up to 134 hp mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, multi-function steering wheel, UKL platform, MacPherson strut front, multi-link rear suspension, and various other equipment.
Modern Minis represent a unique blend of classic British mini-car charm and precise German engineering. Possessing such bright personality, the BMW Mini Cooper can be considered one of the most recognizable automobiles on the planet. Its rounded yet boxy frame, stylish, retro attitude, and efficient performance make the model stand out among the rest. Some love it for the adorable look. Others praise it for the spacious interior. And of course, who doesn't enjoy the fuel economy? One thing is for sure – the BMW Mini Cooper is a superstar that still attracts lots of attention.
BMW Mini Cooper Accessories and parts are available at CARiD.com in the highest quality around. That's because we work side by side with the most respected manufacturers in the industry to ensure all of our BMW Mini Cooper Accessories and Parts will satisfy your requirements. Spoilers, floor mats, headlights, tail lights, and more parts are offered right here at a value that you will certainly appreciate. When you're in search of accessories for BMW Mini Cooper, our store is always here for your disposal!
Whatever you expect from your Mini Cooper, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Mini Cooper and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- July 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...
- April 11, 2017The 6 Automotive Chemicals You Should Have In...There's the old joke that says you only need two things in your tool box, duct tape and spray lube. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and...
- March 17, 2017The Best Flooring Options For Your Garage FloorIf you're fortunate enough to have a garage for storing your favorite vehicles, you have a space that's filled with potential. Sure, the walls of your garage may be...
- March 16, 2017The Surprising Health Benefits Of Anti-Fatigue...If you've ever worked on your feet all day, you already know the human body is not designed to stand on hard, unyielding surfaces for sustained periods of time....
- January 31, 2017Which Are The Best Under-$200 Tool Sets For My...Today's automobiles have gotten so complex that seasoned mechanics say that instead of their trusty hand tools, they only need a laptop computer to perform repairs. Of...
- May 06, 2016Lift Your Car Easily And Safely With A Quality...When working as a do-it-yourselfer (DIY), whether you're a beginner or an expert, having the right equipment to get your vehicle off the ground is a starting point for...
- May 04, 2016Portable Generators: Superstorm Salvation For...With storms and weather events that intensify with every passing year, power outages lasting for extended periods of time have become commonplace - a problem that's...
- May 03, 2016Lifts & Ramps Safely Bring Your Vehicle Up To...The odds are that if you clicked on this article to read it, then you appreciate the idea of working on your own car. Perhaps when you pass by a professional garage or...
- February 10, 2015Safety Equipment Protects You As You WorkIf you have been around automobiles as long as we have, you have clearly seen the trend over the past few decades toward greater vehicle safety. Some of us at CARiD...
- February 03, 2015Air Compressors For The Home WorkshopHome mechanics invest time and money building up their collection of tools and supplies for their workshop. This process moves very quickly for some, and takes longer...
- January 27, 2015Jack Stands Are The Safe Way To Support Your...When you've got repairs to do underneath your vehicle, you need clearance to freely bend your elbows and swing your arms when using tools to remove and install...