Honda Prelude Accessories & Parts
- Starting & Charging
- Suspension Parts
- Brake Parts
- Engine Parts
- Exhaust Parts
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel Delivery
- Steering Parts
- Driveline & Axles
- Electrical Parts
- A/C and Heating
- Transmission Parts
- Ignition Parts
- Emission Control
- Air Intake Parts
- Oils, Fluids, Lubricants
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Auto Detailing
- Automotive Tools
The Honda Prelude, Honda's highly successful two-door coupe, first appeared on the scene for the 1979 model year and slotted right the lineup where the S800 used to be. For over twenty years, the Prelude went head-to-head with the Toyota Celica, as the two coupes seemed to duel over bragging rights both in the US and abroad. When it debuted, the Honda Prelude was outfitted with a 1.8L inline four-cylinder SOHC engine capable of 75 horsepower and mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission with a three-speed automatic available as an option. In 1981, the engine was upgraded with a new catalytic converter. Second-generation versions of the Prelude were released in 1983. This time around it was equipped with a 1.8L 12-valve fuel-injection engine that produced up to 110 horsepower. Also new for this generation were such parts as pop-up headlights and painted steel wheels.
1988 welcomed in the third generation of the Honda Prelude. This time around, the Prelude showed off new exterior accessories and a bevy of other changes ti the Honda Prelude parts, including four-wheel steering on several versions of the model. The engine was once again updated, this time to a 2.0L inline four-cylinder SOHC configuration with a 12-valve sidedraft carburetor capable of approximately 104 horsepower and 111 pounds-per-foot of torque. For the 2.0 Si, horsepower was kicked up to 135. Engines were directed through either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission. Honda unveiled the fourth generation of the Prelude in 1992. The base S showed off a 2.2L SOHC engine (135 hp) while the VTEC setup made its debut for the Prelude in other variants, offering a hefty kick with 187 horsepower and 153 pounds-per-foot of torque. Pop-up headlights were discontinued in the model and were instead replaced with sleeker, angular headlamps while a steel sliding sunroof could also be had.
The fifth generation of the Honda Prelude was introduced for 1997. A slew of engine options were available, with the US offering the 197 horsepower VTEC configuration. New 16" alloy wheels were included in most packages. As for the car's exterior and accessories, the body-shape was vaguely reminiscent of the third-generation design, although it showed off a sleeker and overall more aerodynamic look. Coming into the 2001 model year, Honda decided to discontinue the Prelude from the lineup. Although it is no longer assembled, the Prelude has gone to remain a popular car for performance enthusiasts, as it has enjoyed a revival in the aftermarket industry. During its time on the road, the Honda Prelude received numerous awards, including being named to Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best List (1984, 1985, 1986, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1998), a Consumer Guide Best Buy (1998, 1999, 2000), and the Best Coupe by Automobile Magazine (1999).
One of the premier rides for getting your own style involved is of course, the Honda Prelude. Seen by many as the ultimate customizing canvas, the Prelude enjoys a stellar reputation as being both a performance machine and efficient street-model. The sleek exterior catches your gaze as it breezes by. Engaging, menacing, and tastefully modern, the Prelude has instilled its own legacy for this generation's automotive culture. When it is taken care of the right way and dressed to impress, not many others can rival what the Prelude is still capable of. Period.
Comfort. Style. Protection. At CARiD.com, we cover the entire spectrum of Honda Prelude Accessories and Parts. In order to dish out the highest quality possible, all of our Honda Prelude accessories and parts come straight to you from the finest manufacturers in the business. That means the most choices with the workmanship to back it up. All of our Honda Prelude accessories are also guaranteed to deliver an exact OEM fit with unmatched durability. Let your car reach its full potential. You won't be disappointed!
Whatever you expect from your Honda Prelude, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Honda Prelude and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by