Chevy Silverado 2500 Accessories & Parts
- Running Boards
- Custom Grilles
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Off-Road Bumpers
- Bed Accessories
- Grill Guards
- Trailer Hitches
- Tonneau Covers
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Fender Flares
- Bug Deflectors
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Vertical Doors
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Armor & Protection
- Car Tents
- Spare Tire Covers & Carriers
- Snow Plows
- Custom Horns
- Auto Detailing
The Chevy Silverado line of pickup trucks debuted back in 1998, meant to replace the long-running Chevy C/K family. Dubbed 1500 and 2500, light-duty Silverado models were originally based upon the GMT800 platform. The heavy-duty version designated as the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD was introduced in 2000 as GM's answer to the resounding success of the Ford F-250 Super Duty. The idea behind Chevy's entry-level heavy-duty model was to create a stronger variant of the Silverado 1500, a no-frills 3/4-ton truck with a stiffer frame, beefed-up suspension, and more engine power, which would result in increased towing and hauling capacity. The first-generation Silverado 2500HD received a torsion bar suspension in front, massive ABS disc brakes at all four corners, and robust V8 engines that could be coupled with an optional commercial-grade 5-speed automatic built by Allison. As a result, the payload ranged from 3,000 to 4,000 lbs, while towing power started from 10,600 lb. The standard engine for the 2001-2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD was a 6.0-liter Vortec V8 carried over from the light-duty 2500, and options were an 8.1-liter big-block gasoline Vortec and a 6.6-liter turbodiesel by Duramax.
The second generation of Chevy's heavy-duty pickup truck was introduced for 2007, having received an all-new look and major parts. The gas engine displacing 8.1 liters was dropped, while the standard Vortec V8 got an increase in power, now capable of 353 hp and offering towing ability rated at up to 13,000 lbs. Diesel engine power was boosted as well, making 397 hp. A six-speed automatic was mated to both engines. Inside, there are higher quality materials, with higher trim levels featuring wood and metallic interior treatment. The exterior design became more aggressive thanks to protruding fenders, bigger grille, and muscular hood. The truck continues as a regular, extended, or crew cab with a standard or long bed. The outgoing generation bearing the Classic nameplate keeps being available for a while.
The third iteration of the Chevy Silverado 2500HD saw the world for 2015, catching up to the all-new light-duty version that was introduced for 2014. The tried and tested powertrain carried on, while the interior and exterior were upgraded. The extended cab was discontinued to give way to a more spacious double cab with front-hinged doors. Visually, the third-gen Silverado 2500HD features more chrome trim up front, raised hood, and redesigned sculpted tail lights. The interior is all-new, offering an upright instrument cluster with six gauges and well-placed controls. The off-road package named Z71 is available, rolling on 18-inch wheels and offering a host of goods intended for tackling terrains, including skid plates, hill descent control, special shocks and anti-roll bars, and package-specific exterior accents.
Whether you own a utilitarian WT, upscale LT, or line-topping LTZ version of Chevy's heavy-duty truck, you have a dependable workhorse that is built to last. And to help you keep it going strong, we have premium quality Chevy Silverado 2500 parts for repair and maintenance. We also have the right Chevy Silverado 2500 accessories and parts for you yo beef it up, make it more suitable for commercial needs or better-looking. Whatever you choose, you will get reliable, long-lasting products from trustworthy manufacturers standing behind each and every one of them. Take your time and browse our user-friendly catalog that contains Chevy Silverado 2500 accessories and parts that will give you much bang for your buck.
Whatever you expect from your Chevy Silverado 2500, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Chevy Silverado 2500 and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- August 07, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Tires?Tires exist for every variation of automotive use imaginable. For example, there are tires tailored to everyday passenger car use, racing, off-roading, commercial...
- July 05, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Shock Absorbers?Shock absorbers are suspension components that dampen and halt the up-and-down movement of your vehicle`s springs. If these control devices weren`t part of the...
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It`s how you feel what`s happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 15, 2018Shopping Guide - Custom & Factory HeadlightsIf the front of your vehicle is its "face", then the headlamps are its "eyes". Everyone notices them. One of the most distinctive changes you can make to the face of...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- May 22, 2017High-End Audio Demands Its Own Battery SourceWhen you`re driving and headlights start to dim because a high-powered stereo is cranking, that means the deep bass you hear is causing total vehicle electrical draw...
- July 03, 2012Custom Wheels 101If you`re considering upgrading your car or truck with larger custom wheels or OEM factory wheels, you`ve come to the right place. We’ve got lots of stylish wheels...