- ACCELERA® 651$55.92
- ACHILLES® 122$37.23 - $67.43
- BFGOODRICH® ADVANTAGE T/A$86.28 - $170.70
- BRIDGESTONE® BLIZZAK LM-25 RFT$212.88 - $555.78
- CAPITOL® SPORT$48.00 - $90.00
- CONTINENTAL® CONTIPREMIUMCONTACT 2$112.31 - $488.81
- COOPER® CS3 TOURING$72.84 - $134.66
About Pontiac Sunbird Tires
The Pontiac Sunbird is an elegantly styled sedan, with fine tuned suspensions and reasonable driving dynamics. It has a spacious cabin, exquisitely styled to accommodate a couple of six footers at the back. The Sunbird is inexpensive to maintain. It has a reasonable fuel economy. Equipping it with the appropriate set of tires will enhance the performance and safety of your car. CARiD maintains a wide selection of high performance Pontiac Sunbird tires from the most reputable brands in the country including Nexen, Continental, Pirelli, Michelin and General among others. The most appropriate tire for your car depends on the prevailing season and the type of performance you expect from your car. For instance, do you intend to use your car urban areas only or do you also intend to go off the beaten tracks also? CARiD stocks different types of summer tires as well as winter tires. The Bridgestone Potenza summer tire has a solid reputation in dry weather conditions. It has incredible hydroplaning resistance and increased high speed control.
Winter tires are designed to tackle different set of hazards such as slippery roads, poor visibility and debris on the roads. The tire has to have a high braking force and superb traction on ice and snow. The Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tire is snow rated for the most part of the year. It provides an excellent feeling of the road thus providing better control and handling. Tread pattern quality affects performance and ride quality in a significant manner. Reduced tread patterns limit the flow of air currents that cool the tire. The subsequent heat buildup eventually results in tire malfunction. You will need to replace all aging and worn out tires to maintain superb performance. Install TPMS sensors on all Pontiac Sunbird tires to monitor air pressure and temperature. These devices mounted on the tire valves and relay crucial data regarding your tire’s status to the vehicle’s computer.
Guides & Articles
- TiresYou Say You Want Ridiculously Huge Tires?If you’re looking to improve the off-road capability of your 4X4, or simply want to give it a tougher look, larger, more aggressive tires are most likely on your wish list. To accommodate the larger tire, we’ll need to increase the height between the vehicle frame and the axles with a lift kit. Here are several advices to get the right lift kit.
- TiresThe Hidden Secrets of Tires.Tires are hiding lots of engineering secrets inside their black rubber casings, and the variations in tire builds are endless. Even the black rubber itself is full of high tech and carefully guarded secrets. Each component in the mix contributes a specific set of properties that the manufacturer wants in the finished tire. The hidden secrets of modern tires are very difficult to uncover even when the tires are worn out.
- Wheels & RimsAre Bigger Wheels Better Wheels?Replacing a standard size steel wheel with the same size of cast light alloy wheel improves performance and road-holding considerably, without any reduction in comfort. Further improvement in road-holding comes with increased wheel size, combined with a corresponding reduction in the height of the tire walls, a procedure called “Plus-Sizing”.
- TiresReplacing Your Original Factory Tires 101.If you are not satisfied with the way your car drives, get new tires of the same size and characteristics. Look at the side of the worn-out tire and make sure that your new tires have the same key dimensions and ratings. The tire sidewall not only proudly displays the name of the manufacturer, it also features three sets of codes that give you key information about the tire.
- Wheels & RimsOriginal Wheels Not Good Enough?Many car enthusiasts fit custom wheels today. That is why there is a big market for lightweight custom wheels. Offering much more than just a look, they are available in a wide choice of designs, fitments and properties that cater to individual tastes and needs or car enthusiasts.
- TiresTire Basics for Dummies.Finding the right tire to fit on a vehicle is not easy. There are different profile tires, there are different rubber compounds and there are tire tread patterns for all kinds of weather conditions. The tires you buy must have a load rating and a speed classification that fit your vehicle.