Known as the successor of the discontinued Caravelle, and replacing the smaller Reliant, Plymouth Acclaim was offered as a mid-size sedan starting 1989. The model was very much alike with Chrysler LeBaron and Dodge Spirit, but it was less expensive. The main appearance difference among them was the styling details of the following parts: taillamps, grille, and exterior trim. Plymouth Acclaim shared its K-car platform with evolutionary AA-body 4-door sedan. The sedan was offered in the following trims: base, mid-level LE, and high-end LX. Two lower models featured 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine with an output of 100 hp, and a choice of 5-speed manual transmission and 3-speed automatic. The turbocharged version of this engine, which produced 150 hp was also available for these models, but was dropped for the 1991 model year. The LX model came with 141-hp 3.0-liter V6 engine and 4-speed automatic transmission. A year later, the V6 became optional though.
The model line changed in 1992 with three models being trimmed down to one standard model. Plymouth Acclaim was powered by optional 3.0-liter V6 with a low-cost 3-speed automatic. Available features, many of which became later standard, were the air conditioner, ABS (anti-lock braking system), power windows, power door locks, cassette player, cruise control, and power sunroof. Staying mostly unchanged during the years of production, the Acclaim got a new radiator grille and some minor trim detail changes to its parts in 1993. These included a new chrome pentastar hood ornament, compact disc player, tinted glass, and the exhaust system which went stainless steel. The 1993 year model was notable for new gold decor package the Acclaim received. It featured gold accented alloy wheels and gold pintstripes.
Starting 1993, Plymouth Acclaim came with multipoint fuel injected version of the 2.5-liter engine which made 107 hp. This engine was designed to run on fuel containing up to 85% methanol. The modified engine later, in 1995 received the improved cylinder head. A small change to this vehicle was made in 1994 with a motorized shoulder belt added to the front passenger seat in order to conform with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 208's requirement for passive restraints. In 1995 the 4-speed automatic transmission and anti-lock brakes were dropped from the options list.
Once in a while, there is a car that has the ability to transcend a generation. The Plymouth Acclaim can be counted among them. Sleekly styled with thrusting performance due to reliable Plymouth parts, the Plymouth Acclaim has found a permanent place in its drivers' hearts. Giving yours some added personality with the help of accessories helps keep it alive. That's exactly what we're here for!
At CARiD.com, we recognize the need for premium quality. That's why our selection of Plymouth Acclaim accessories and parts is crammed full of the finest-made options for you take a swing at. Inside our inventory of Plymouth Acclaim Accessories and Parts, you will find nothing but the latest and greatest, including spoilers, floor mats, grille guards, and tons more. More drama. More style. And quality that speaks for itself. This is what we do. Consider us your headquarters for all Plymouth Acclaim accessories!
Whether you plan to improve your vehicle's performance or simply want to add some flare to its style, we store an exhaustive collection of accessories and parts designed specifically for your vehicle. Whatever product you choose, you are guaranteed to get nothing but the premium quality, unrivaled performance, and unique style. Understanding that your vehicle deserves only the top accessories and parts, we carefully handpicked each single item. And be sure all of them are manufactured by the most reputable companies in the industry, so the quality is beyond any doubts. If you still are not sure what product to choose, you are welcome to check 42 reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, and define what accessory or part perfectly fits both your vehicle and your pocket.
- Covercraft® - Block-It™ 200 Custom Car CoverStarting at: $132.25$132.25
- Dash Designs® - Brushed Suede Dash CoverStarting at: $55.95$55.95
- DashMat® - Original Dashboard CoverStarting at: $41.70$41.70
- Pilot® - Performance Wiper BladeStarting at: $11.33$11.33
- WeatherTech® - All-Weather Floor MatsStarting at: $45.00$45.00
- Budge® - Car CoverStarting at: $41.72$41.72
- SportRack® - Roof BasketStarting at: $24.92$24.92
- CURT® - Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $194.71$194.71
- Replace® - Passenger Side Manual Door MirrorStarting at: $36.80$36.80
- Plymouth Acclaim Chrome Trim
- Plymouth Acclaim Spoilers
- Plymouth Acclaim Floor Mats
- Plymouth Acclaim Wind Deflectors
- Plymouth Acclaim Cargo Liners
- Plymouth Acclaim Seat Covers
- Plymouth Acclaim Car Covers
- Plymouth Acclaim Bed Accessories
- Plymouth Acclaim Steering Wheels
- Plymouth Acclaim Custom Gauges
- Plymouth Acclaim Side Mirrors
- Plymouth Acclaim License Plates
- Plymouth Acclaim Wiper Blades
- Plymouth Acclaim Custom Hoods
- Plymouth Acclaim Bike Racks
- Plymouth Acclaim Roof Racks
- Plymouth Acclaim Trailer Hitches
- Plymouth Acclaim Sun Shades
- Plymouth Acclaim Dash Covers
- Plymouth Acclaim Side Vents
- Plymouth Acclaim Car Organizers
- Plymouth Acclaim Car Bras
- Plymouth Acclaim Racing Seats