Look up "fan belt" in any modern automotive dictionary, and you'll typically find a definition that reads, "An endless belt used to transmit power from a crankshaft-driven pulley to a pulley driving the fan, alternator, or other engine accessory. It is usually V-shaped in cross section with the point of the V fitting into a groove in the pulley".
Oldsmobile Achieva Replacement Engine Parts
- Dorman® - Oil PanStarting at: $102.48$102.48
- Fel-Pro® - Engine Cylinder Head Installation Gasket SetStarting at: $99.71$99.71
- Victor Reinz® - Timing Cover Gasket SetStarting at: $32.17$32.17
- Dayco® - PowerBond™ Premium OEM Replacement Harmonic BalancerStarting at: $57.98$57.98
- Cloyes® - Engine Timing ChainStarting at: $28.29$28.29
- National® - Engine Camshaft Repair SleeveStarting at: $32.25$32.25
- Replace® - OE Replacement EngineStarting at: $1,608.75$1,608.75
- Timken® - Engine Crankshaft Repair SleeveStarting at: $29.09$29.09
- Hayden® - Swirl-Cool™ Engine Oil Cooler KitStarting at: $125.79$125.79
- Kat's Heaters® - Engine HeaterStarting at: $28.61$28.61
Guides & Articles
Timothy ZahlPerforming a Basic Engine Tune Up
This article will guide you through a generic tune up on most any car or light duty gasoline-powered vehicle built within the last 20 years or so. We will presume that you are tuning up your engine because it has reached the mileage or time point to do so, and that you are NOT performing a tune up to cure an engine performance defect. We make this distinction...
Does your ride have timing gears, a timing belt, or a timing chain? Is one better than the other? And perhaps most importantly, do I need to be concerned about the recommendation to replace the timing belt at a certain mileage interval? Welcome to our discussion of "engine timing".
Oldsmobile Achieva was available in the following models:
S • SC • SCX • SL
S • SC • SCX • SL