Cloyes Timing Parts
Cloyes is one of the oldest and the most successful suppliers of high-quality automotive timing drive systems and components. It is hard to believe that this company was founded by a single person. In 1920 Raymond Cloyes started this business in Cleveland, Ohio, by manufacturing replacement timing gears for cars and trucks. At first he carried the parts in a market basket selling them to the local replacement parts jobbers. Pretty soon Cloyes expanded his business and started making gears for OEM, industrial and government applications.
- Cloyes® - Timing SetStarting at: $20.26$20.26
- Cloyes® - Performance Timing SetStarting at: $29.04$29.04
- Cloyes® - Quick Button Timing CoverStarting at: $185.01$185.01
- Cloyes® - Balance Shaft ChainStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Balance Shaft Chain GuideStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Balance Shaft Chain KitStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Balance Shaft Chain TensionerStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Balance Shaft SprocketStarting at: $9.99$9.99
- Cloyes® - Camshaft BearingStarting at: $17.89$17.89
- Cloyes® - Camshaft Thrust ButtonStarting at: $9.04$9.04
- Cloyes® - Camshaft Thrust PlateStarting at: $18.00$18.00
- Cloyes® - Oil Pump ChainStarting at: $13.24$13.24
- Cloyes® - Oil Pump Drive GearStarting at: $40.25$40.25
- Cloyes® - Oil Pump SprocketStarting at: $5.83$5.83
- Cloyes® - Timing Belt Component KitStarting at: $20.36$20.36
- Cloyes® - Timing Belt IdlerStarting at: $18.43$18.43
- Cloyes® - Timing Belt TensionerStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Timing Belt Tensioner PulleyStarting at: $20.02$20.02
- Cloyes® - Timing Camshaft GearStarting at: $34.05$34.05
- Cloyes® - Timing Camshaft Gear BoltStarting at: $9.79$9.79
- Cloyes® - Timing Camshaft SprocketStarting at: $4.76$4.76
- Cloyes® - Timing ChainStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Timing Chain GuideStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Timing Chain TensionerStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Timing Chain Tensioner GuideStarting at: $0.00$0.00
- Cloyes® - Timing Crankshaft SprocketStarting at: $2.97$2.97
- Cloyes® - Timing DamperStarting at: $6.06$6.06
- Cloyes® - Timing Gear OilerStarting at: $20.80$20.80
- Cloyes® - Timing Gear SetStarting at: $39.64$39.64
- Cloyes® - Timing Idler SprocketStarting at: $37.90$37.90
- Cloyes® - Water Pump GearStarting at: $31.79$31.79
- Cloyes® - Hex-A-Just Engine Camshaft Bushing KitStarting at: $26.59$26.59
- Cloyes® - Transfer Case Drive ChainStarting at: $0.00$0.00
The company has come a long way since that time, developing new technologies, expanding distribution segments and manufacturing facilities. Today Cloyes is the worldwide leader in production of reliable OEM, Aftermarket, and High Performance timing drive systems. It is also a Tier 1 supplier to such brands as General Motors, Nissan, Ford, and Chrysler. In 1970, Cloyes introduced and patented the very first, revolutionary True Roller timing set. Thanks to this groundbreaking product, the company became a legend in the high performance world as well. Cloyes made another breakthrough in 1992 when it introduced its patented Hex-A-Just technology for adjusting cam timing.
For over 80 years Cloyes has been expanding its production by investing millions of dollars in state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facilities not only in the U.S., but also in Mexico and Europe. No matter where the company is located, it focuses on quality, engineering, manufacturing, and superior customer service. Each product manufactured by Cloyes undergoes a series of advanced testing procedures and inspections before it leaves the company and reaches the customer.
| Posted by Alvin | (Poyen, AR)
I've installed this chain kit in my 2000 Saturn and the part numbers of the gears and chain were OEM numbers. The oilier though seem of a different design then the updated GM oilier. I have about 25,000 miles on the chain since install and have no problems at all. With all the problems GM had with these chains and the cost involved when they let loose, I can only go with the updated OEM chain even though there are cheaper clones on the market. 2003 and up had the redesigned oilier and that is what I believe this kit contains.
| Posted by Michael | (Gettysburg, PA)
If you're changing the timing chain, tensioner, or removing the head on your 2.2 ECOtec get this kit. As long as you don't mess up the timing cover gasket, this kit has everything you'll need down to the torque-to-yield cam bolts. I wasn't sure about getting this kit as I wasn't 100% if i'd need new cam bolts or the gears - I was trying to do this repair as cheap as possible. Once I got into the motor I found you will definitely need new cam bolts as you'll need to unbolt the gears to have enough clearance to feed the new timing chain into the motor. The OEM bolts are torque-to-yield, as in they are one time use only. This kit also includes the newer style hydraulic tensioner and includes the updated oiler to ensure the timing set gets proper lubrication so you won't have the problems the early 2001s ECOtec's had with eating timing sets. I am glad I decided to go with the right (complete) kit. Not completely related to the kit but these 2.2 eco's are very easy to time, line up three marks and done. Definitely one of the easier OHC motors I've worked on. HOWEVER, the new crank gear doesn't have a clear timing mark like the OEM one had. To make sure I was looking at the correct mark I had to slip the old crank gear on in front of the new one. I am not sure if it was my kit just didn't get marked or if all are like that. So save your old parts as you remove them just in case until after you're finished.
| Posted by Pete | (Grand Junction, CO)
This kit is made up of high quality parts and has everything to do the job except the crank pulley bolt (which is a one use only bolt). The cam bolts are not pictured but do come with the kit. The most significant feature in this kit is the updated tensioner assembly which is the most common cause of problems with cam chain.
| Posted by Rod | (Thornton, CO)
Buy this set with confidence, it is a perfect fit for my 2000 5.4L Expedition. The timing chain guides are thicker than the OEM guides that are on the truck, so you will need a bolt from the dealer for the upper right guide. The OEM guides are also now made thicker, and the dealership knew exactly what bolt I needed.
| Posted by Mare | (Prince George, BC)
I replaced my timing gear and chain set on 1986 Jeep CJ7 about a 2 years ago. My Jeep is still running, so I am pretty sure this gear set is doing it's job. I have put probably 6,000 miles on it.
| Posted by Derek | (Brandon, FL)
Quality of product/workmanship appeared EXCELLENT. Manufacturer has been in business for very long time. Furthermore I have used previously with much success and satisfaction CLOYES products (automotive engine timing chains and gears). At this stage, based on previous experience, I express full confidence in the quality and durability of this product. If my satisfaction level should change, the rating will be revised. For now I rate it EXCELLENT overall in performance and value.
| Posted by Robert | (Whittier, CA)
I installed this kit in my 2002 Saturn Vue with instructions from the Haynes "Saturn Vue 2002-2007" automotive repair manual. I had read about the early Vues with L61 2.2L ecotec engines having a poorly designed oiler nozzle and was worried that my timing chain would fail. My engine had 66k miles and there was no sludge discovered after removing the valve and front covers. Inspection of the chain and gears showed no apparent wear when compared with the new Cloyes parts. The upgraded oiler nozzle and spring loaded tensioner bolt with the Cloyes kit are different from the stock parts. The new oiler nozzle appears identical to the stock one except that it does not have the brass insert of the stock nozzle. In my opinion, if these engines are not kept clean by performing proper oil maintenance, the oiler nozzle passage can become plugged with debris and the timing chain not receiving adequate lubrication. I use synthetic oil and am the second owner of my Vue. A major auto parts store on their web site recommends using an oil additive to clean the engine before oil changes for the 2.2L ecotec engines.