- (10,893)Exhaust SystemsWorkhorse
- (2,177)Brakes & RotorsWorkhorse
- (51,550)Suspension SystemsWorkhorse
- (6,958)Intake SystemsWorkhorse
- (285)Performance ChipsWorkhorse
- (17,416)Engine ComponentsWorkhorse
- (23,337)Fuel SystemsWorkhorse
- (4,820)Cooling SystemsWorkhorse
- (2,311)Ignition SystemsWorkhorse
- (889)Driveline & AxlesWorkhorse
- (811)Starting & ChargingWorkhorse
- (30,039)Racing GearRacing Gear & Equipment
- (72)Equalizers & ProcessorsCrossovers, Bass Maximizers
- (731)Batteries & PowerPower Cells, Capacitors
- (213)VideoMonitors, DVD Players
- (87)Radar DetectorsLaser Detectors & Shifters
- (286)GPS SystemsNavigation, Tracking, Car Mounts
- (952)Mounts & ChargersElectronics Mounts & Car Chargers
- (2,954)Marine Audio & GPSStereos, Navigation, Fish Finders
- (2,317)Headphones & Portable AudioBoomboxes, Headphones
- (230)Starting & ChargingWorkhorse
- (1,006)Suspension PartsWorkhorse
- (1,725)Brake PartsWorkhorse
- (1,481)Engine PartsWorkhorse
- (5,891)Exhaust PartsWorkhorse
- (207)Engine CoolingWorkhorse
- (507)Fuel DeliveryWorkhorse
- (306)Steering PartsWorkhorse
- (291)Driveline & AxlesWorkhorse
- (2,276)Electrical PartsWorkhorse
- (1,512)A/C & HeatingWorkhorse
- (1,046)Transmission PartsWorkhorse
- (752)Ignition PartsWorkhorse
- (1,676)Emission ControlWorkhorse
- (843)Air Intake PartsWorkhorse
- (27,950)Automotive ToolsAuto Repair, Lifts, Jacks
- (2,865)Auto DetailingWaxes, Polishes, Cleaners
- (731)Batteries & PowerPower Cells, Capacitors
- (11,377)Power ToolsDrills, Saws, Grinders, Drill Bits
- (76,611)Hand ToolsTool Sets, Wrenches, Screwdrivers
- (27,950)Automotive ToolsAuto Repair, Lifts, Jacks
- (26,304)Air Tools & CompressorsImpact Wrenches, Blow Guns
- (29,020)Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentMotors, Pumps, Hoses, Seals, Valves
- (7,260)Storage & OrganizersTool Boxes, Cabinets, Benches
- (15,482)Garage AccessoriesFlooring, Tool Boxes, Shelves
- (839)GeneratorsPortable Generators, Inverters
- (2,865)Auto DetailingWaxes, Polishes, Cleaners
- (2,806)Automotive ChemicalsAdhesives, Cleaners, Gasketing
- (26,873)Shop Supplies & ConsumablesCleaning Supplies, Consumables
- (30,187)Drilling & Milling BitsReamers, Drill Bits & Hole Cutters
- (3,567)Work LightsFlashlghts, Batteries, Bulbs
- (2,251)Cover WorldTravel Covers, Storage Covers
- (12,911)Clothing & Work WearBoots, Gloves, Rain Gear
- (4,647)Safety EquipmentGlasses, Masks, Ear Plugs
- (13,493)FastenersScrews, Rivets, Bolts, Nuts, Washers
Workhorse Group Inc. builds E-Gen hybrid electric walk-in van delivery vehicles for customers including UPS, FedEx, and Alpha Baking. The chassis is manufactured at the company’s 200,000 sq. ft. assembly plant in Union City, Indiana, while the battery-electric powertrain is designed and produced in a 50,000 sq. ft. facility located in Loveland, Ohio. Van bodies are supplied by Morgan-Olson. Workhouse has also developed an FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) approved autonomous delivery drone system designed to be used in conjunction with its vans, as well as software that allows fleet operators to track and monitor Workhorse vehicles.
The progenitors of Workhorse Group are AMP Electric Vehicles and Workhorse Custom Chassis. Established in 2007, AMP Electric originally designed and implemented battery-electric conversion systems for existing cars and SUVs. In 2010 the company shifted concentration to commercial vehicles and entered into an agreement with Navistar, the parent company of Workhorse Custom Chassis, to jointly develop the eStar electric delivery van. Although the eStar passed all performance tests and met all requirements of both Navistar and their clients, economic circumstances forced Navistar to end the project and shut down the Workhorse division. AMP Electric subsequently began working directly with Navistar’s electric van customers and elected to continue the project on their own, acquiring the Workhorse brand and the Union City assembly plant.
Workhorse Custom Chassis began in 1998 when a group of investors started manufacturing General Motors’ P-Series Stepvan chassis after it was discontinued by GM. The company was acquired by Navistar in 2005. In addition to providing chassis for modern battery-electric powertrains, over the years the company has built many gasoline and diesel powered models in a range of sizes and capacities, and with bodies from various manufacturers. For a short time the company built an integrated chassis-body vehicle called the MetroStar. AMP Trucks Inc. was created from the assets of Workhorse Custom Chassis, and it was a subsidiary of AMP Holding Inc. along with AMP Electric Vehicles Inc. until AMP Holding formally became Workhorse Group, Inc. in 2015.
Electric vehicles are ideal for use in the last leg of the supply chain where parcels are delivered to their final destination. Commonly referred to as “last mile” delivery, such routes are commonly 60 miles or less. The extended range hybrid E-Gen can provide economical operation equivalent to 30 mpg over that distance operating on its batteries alone, but if greater range is needed, the gasoline engine kicks in and acts as a generator to supply electricity and extend range up to 150 miles. The E-Gen features 60 kWh lithium-ion battery packs custom made by Panasonic and mounted side saddle to the chassis. The REx (range extender) unit is supplied by BMW and consists of the same 647cc 2-cylinder gasoline engine and electronics used in the BMW i3 hatchback. The E-Gen is available in GVWRs up to 19,500 lbs. The motor is rated at 268hp and 1620 ft. lbs. of torque, and the vehicle has an electronically limited top speed of 67 mph. With a 400% improvement in fuel economy and 60% or more reduction in maintenance costs, a Workhorse E-Gen can reduce total cost of ownership by as much as $150,000.
The HorseFly™ is a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) delivery system being developed by Workhorse Group to supplement the delivery capabilities of its trucks. Once the driver identifies a delivery destination, the HorseFly™ drone is loaded and autonomously launches from the roof of the truck. The drone then navigates to the delivery location while the driver continues making deliveries. To ensure safe package delivery, when the drone reaches its destination, final drop-off is human monitored via remote video feed. This allows position adjustments that would not be possible with complete automation. When delivery is completed the drone autonomously locates the delivery truck wherever it may be along the delivery route, and autonomously docks and begins recharging. The HorseFly™ can carry up to a 10 lb. package at up to 45 mph, and can stay airborne for up to 30 minutes. Working in conjunction with the E-Gen, the HorseFly™ can further reduce delivery costs and pollution.
The ability to track and observe vehicles in a fleet allows the fleet operator to make informed decisions and save money. Metron™ is a Telematics system developed by Workhorse Group that can gather data like vehicle location, speed, distance, battery charge, efficiency, number of stops, vehicle faults and warnings, and much more. Signals from the vehicle and GPS position can be viewed over the internet with maps. The entire fleet as well as individual vehicles and routes can be observed, enabling managers to analyze and plan delivery routes, calculate energy usage, and estimate delivery times. Vehicle status can be monitored to identify potential problems, plan maintenance and minimize downtime, and driver performance can be tracked.
Whether your Workhorse vehicle is hybrid-electric powered or uses a traditional gasoline or diesel engine, we have a full line of maintenance and repair parts that can help keep your truck on the road. While not as energy efficient as hybrid or electric vehicles, your gas or diesel engine truck can still provide optimal economy when it’s regularly treated to fresh fluids and filters like the kind you’ll find on our digital shelves. And regardless of powertrain, sooner or later every truck will need replacement chassis parts like brake pads, shocks, and exhaust systems. You can prevent excessive downtime because all of our brake, suspension, steering, and exhaust parts are just a phone call away.
Dress your vehicle up. Keep it running at its peak or unleash its hidden power. Make it look like it just rolled off the show room floor. Take care of it and maintain it. You name it, we've got it. We have gathered everything you need to make your Workhorse perfect both inside and out. CARiD's job is to meet your every expectation and provide you with quality and durable accessories and parts designed with excellence in mind. Whether you're after luxurious style, brisk performance, or anything in between, our wide assortment covers all the bases.
Guides & Articles
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns | How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...
- Spare Tire Covers & CarriersMay 16, 2017Four Great Reasons to Use a Spare Tire CoverSpare tire covers: You’ve seen them everywhere on the backs of Jeeps and SUVs, but maybe you’ve been hesitant about getting one for your own 4x4. In this article,...
- CampingMay 15, 2017The Five Best Reasons to Spring For an...Since time began, camping outdoors has had a strong allure. Once a necessity, it's now a rejuvenating way to get back to our roots by experiencing the wonders of...
- Commercial Van EquipmentApril 28, 2017The Best Storage Solutions For Your Commercial VanWhether you carry plumbing fixtures, cable accessories, wiring, or just nuts and bolts in your commercial van, box truck, or minivan, organizing the hardware needed...
- Automotive ChemicalsApril 11, 2017The 6 Automotive Chemicals You Should Have In...There's the old joke that says you only need two things in your tool box, duct tape and spray lube. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and...
- Garage FlooringMarch 17, 2017The Best Flooring Options For Your Garage FloorIf you're fortunate enough to have a garage for storing your favorite vehicles, you have a space that's filled with potential. Sure, the walls of your garage may be...
- Garage FlooringMarch 16, 2017The Surprising Health Benefits Of Anti-Fatigue...If you've ever worked on your feet all day, you already know the human body is not designed to stand on hard, unyielding surfaces for sustained periods of time....
- Shift KnobsMarch 16, 2017Custom Shift Knobs | Can You Handle One In Your...The knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your vehicle. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We make...
- RV CoversMarch 06, 2017What Is The Best Way To Protect Your RV During...If you're like most RV owners, you take pride in its appearance. After all, what's the point of traveling the highways and seeing the countryside in a motor home...
- License Plates & FramesFebruary 22, 2017Are Custom License Plate Frames the Best Bling...When you want an inexpensive purchase that delivers maximum bling on your automobile, few things provide more brightness and color than license plate frames....
- Automotive ToolsJanuary 31, 2017Which Are The Best Under-$200 Tool Sets For My...Today's automobiles have gotten so complex that seasoned mechanics say that instead of their trusty hand tools, they only need a laptop computer to perform repairs. Of...
- SeatsOctober 25, 2016Classic Car Seats | Finish Your Interior...When you've got an unrestored classic car, it's almost par for the course that the original seats are worn out structurally, if not visibly. You may have gotten used...
- Fender FlaresSeptember 06, 2016How To Install 'Cut-out' Fender FlaresFenders are the body panels that surround a car or truck's wheel wells. Because they contribute so much to the overall shape and look of your vehicle, it's easy to...
- Dash CoversSeptember 01, 2016How to Install Dash & Rear Deck CoversIn other areas of our website, we've pointed out that dashboards and rear deck areas are usually among the more neglected areas of your vehicle. They are constantly...
- MirrorsAugust 25, 2016Chrome Mirror Covers Hide Scratches and Add...Narrow driveways with inches to spare on each side. Overgrown roadways with bushes and tree branches sticking out into the center. Crowded garages filled with bicycles...
- Tonneau CoversAugust 23, 2016Tonneau Cover Cleaners & Protectors Remove the...At CARiD, we sell a lot of tonneau covers because we're real believers in their benefits, and because we offer a broader selection than our competitors. We also use...
- Grill GuardsAugust 15, 2016Bumper Guards | Full-Width Protection in the...You may never go off-roading or drive down wooded trails where large animals are likely to materialize in front of your path, but if you live in city areas or suburbs,...
- Fender FlaresJuly 07, 2016No-drill Fender Flares are So Easy to Install!Have you ever seen another truck like yours and thought, "It looks the same as mine, but more…rugged"? And after a moment of reflection, the answer finally came to...
- Dash KitsJune 30, 2016Dash Kit Options: Upgrade Kits, Factory Match WoodThere's no question that custom dash kits add richness and spice to your vehicle's interior - regardless of whether you choose a finish of wood, brushed metal, carbon...
- MirrorsJune 24, 2016Interior Mirror Options Bring You into the 21st...It may be hard to imagine, but interior rearview mirrors are subject to a lot of stress. Direct sunlight and extreme interior temperatures take their toll - eventually...
- Dash CoversJune 23, 2016Rear Deck Covers Complete Your Interior ProtectionIf you've got a coupe or sedan, when was the last time you actually looked at your vehicle's interior "rear deck"? This is the horizontal shelf that sits between the...
- Custom GrillesJune 21, 2016Grille Emblems | The Finishing Touch to Your...A grille emblem is a source of pride for vehicle manufacturers because it's a final signature on what designers and engineers have spent a lot of time and hard work...
- Tonneau CoversMay 24, 2016Painted Tonneau Covers | Move From Utility To...If you're like most pickup truck owners, you carry a lot in the bed of your truck. And if your truck bed floor is bare, you may have noticed the increasing numbers of...
- Off-Road BumpersMay 18, 2016Skid Plates Provide The Ultimate In Off-Road...If you take your 4x4 off-roading, you have likely gained an appreciation of how unforgiving trails can be when it comes to your vehicle's underside. Deep ruts with...
- Custom HoodsMay 17, 2016What Is The Procedure To Install A Hood Scoop?In the custom hoods section of our website, you'll find add-on hood air scoops that create an unmistakable look of power. Since the beginning of hot-rodding, racers...
- Garage AccessoriesMay 06, 2016Lift Your Car Easily And Safely With A Quality...When working as a do-it-yourselfer (DIY), whether you're a beginner or an expert, having the right equipment to get your vehicle off the ground is a starting point for...
- Seat CoversMay 05, 2016How To Install A Set Of Custom Seat CoversThe design and construction of seat covers have truly come a long way. Computer-aided design and better production methods have allowed the creation of modern seat...
- GeneratorsMay 04, 2016Portable Generators: Superstorm Salvation For...With storms and weather events that intensify with every passing year, power outages lasting for extended periods of time have become commonplace - a problem that's...
- Garage AccessoriesMay 03, 2016Lifts & Ramps Safely Bring Your Vehicle Up To...The odds are that if you clicked on this article to read it, then you appreciate the idea of working on your own car. Perhaps when you pass by a professional garage or...
Browse by Vehicle
- workhorse fastrack ft931 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1061 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1260 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1261 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1460 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1461 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1600 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1601 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1800 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1801 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse fastrack ft1802 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse lf72 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse p30 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse p32 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse p42 Accessories & Parts
- workhorse w16 Accessories & Parts
Workhorse Accessories & Parts Reviews
2006 Subaru WRX