TIRE ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE SUMMARY
- Completed Warranty Claim Forms must accompany all tires sent in for warranty consideration.
- All tires submitted for uniformity (out of round) or ride related problems will be checked at our claims center. No tires worn more than 2/32” of the original tread depth will be accepted for out of round or ride related claims.
- Tires being submitted for mileage warranty must have documentation showing application mileage, removal mileage and rotation record.
- Tires which have been retreaded or altered in any way are not adjustable.
- No tire, which has the D.O.T. Serial Number removed or branded “N.A.”, will be accepted for adjustment.
- Tires repaired by a third party will be acceptable for adjustment if the condition for which the products are returned is not related to the repair. The repair must conform to Rubber Manufacturer Association standards. PTNA does not
endorse repairing “V”, “W”, “Y” or “Z” speed rated or Run Flat tires; it is technically unacceptable.
- Tires branded “BLEM”, “UABO”, “ABO”, or “DA” by PTNA and sold by PTNA only, will be acceptable only for anomalies in workmanship and materials but not for cosmetic anomalies, uniformity, out of round, or for any other condition originally requiring the tire to be branded “BLEM”, “UABO”, “ABO” or “DA”
- Consumer adjustments are based on the dealer current selling price of the tire. The cost of studding, mounting and balancing is not covered under the terms of the PTNA Limited Warranty
- All tires returned must have a defined warrantable condition. No tire removed as a pair or set will be approved for credit unless previously approved by authorized PTNA personnel.
What is Warranted and Who is Eligible Under this Warranty?
Pirelli Tire LLC [Pirelli Tire North America (PTNA)], 100 Pirelli Drive, PO Box 700, Rome, Georgia, 30161-7000, warrants
to the original purchaser that all Pirelli brand or PTNA private brand Original Equipment and Replacement Passenger
and Light Truck radial tires with a complete D.O.T. identification number and branded Pirelli or a PTNA private brand, which
are supplied by PTNA, either directly or through an authorized Pirelli Dealer, and which are mounted on passenger cars,
vans and light trucks within the U.S.A. and Canada will be free from defects in workmanship and materials.
What is the Adjustment Policy and for How long?
If a Pirelli tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material anomalies during the initial warranty period, which is one year from the date of original retail purchase of the vehicle or purchase of replacement tires (purchase receipt required) or, within the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the tire will be replaced to the owner at no charge for the tire. If the tire is presented for ride related anomalies the warranty period is one year from the date of original retail purchase of the vehicle or purchase of replacement tires (purchase receipt required) or within the first 2/32” of the original tread, whichever occurs first. The owner must pay for any associated service charges, including
mounting and balancing of the tire in both the aforementioned cases. After the initial warranty period, if a Pirelli tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material anomalies, the owner must pay the cost of a comparable new Pirelli brand or PTNA private brand replacement tire on a pro-rata basis. The authorized Pirelli Dealer will determine the cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the dealer current selling price. The owner must pay for any associated service charges, including mounting and balancing of the tire. A tire has delivered its original usable tread life and is considered 100% worn when the
treadwear indicators (2/32” tread remaining) become visible regardless of age or mileage. Any alleged anomalies shall always be assessed by PTNA technicians or by technicians designated by PTNA.
The PTNA Warranty for Original Equipment and Replacement Tires Applies Only to:
- The original purchaser of the tires who has a copy of the original invoice.
- The owner of the vehicle on which the tires were originally installed.
Treadwear Limited Warranty for Replacement Tires Only
In addition to the above workmanship and materials warranty PTNA also warrants to the original consumer purchaser only, that the tread life of Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season, P6 Four Seasons Plus, Cinturato P3000, P4 Four Seasons,
Cinturato P5, Scorpion ATR, Scorpion STR and Scorpion Verde All Season replacement street legal tires which are supplied by PTNA either directly or through an authorized dealer, will last for the described vehicle odometer miles
from the date of original retail purchase. The authorized Pirelli Dealer will determine the cost by multiplying the percentage of the mileage obtained by the current dealer selling price.
The PTNA Treadwear Mileage Warranty Applies Only to:
- The original purchaser of the tires who has a copy of the original invoice showing the application mileage.
- The owner of the vehicle on which the tires were originally installed.
- The tires have been rotated every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- The tires are worn evenly across the tread, down to the treadwear indicator (2/32”) at which time the tires are
considered to be 100% worn out. There cannot be more than a 2/32” tread depth difference across the tire.
- Your servicing Pirelli Dealer has completed the Tire Rotation Record.
- Passenger and P-Metric Light Truck tires are not covered for mileage when used on commercial vehicles or in commercial applications
- The Mileage Warranty does not apply to Original Equipment fitments.
- The Mileage Warranty does not apply to Light Truck (LT) tires.
- Eurometric tires purchased before July 1, 2011 do not have a mileage warranty.
- For vehicles which have staggered size fitments (different tire sizes front and rear), the mileage warranty for the rear tires will
be 50% of the stated mileage warranty for that line.
- Run Flat tires will have a mileage warranty of 50% of the stated mileage warranty for that line, but not to exceed 30,000 miles.
Road Hazard Policy for Run Flat Tires Only
If a Run Flat tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or materials anomalies or a road hazard injury during the initial warranty period, which is one year from the date of original retail purchase of the vehicle or purchase of
replacement tires (purchase receipt required) or within the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the tire will be replaced with the same or comparable tire at no charge for the tire to the owner. After the initial warranty period, if a Run Flat tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or materials anomalies or a road hazard injury, the owner must pay the cost of a comparable new Pirelli brand or PTNA private brand replacement tire on a pro-rata basis. The authorized Pirelli dealer will determine the cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current dealer selling price. The owner must pay for any associated service charges, including mounting and balancing of the tire. This Road Hazard Policy is not a warranty. PTNA does not warranty that a Pirelli tire will not fail due to a road hazard and does not authorize any person, including authorized Pirelli dealers, to make such a warranty
What Is Not Covered By The Warranty?
- Passenger tires (Eurometric/P-metric) used on commercial vehicles or used in commercial applications.
- Tires transferred from the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
- Tires on any vehicle registered and normally operated outside the United States of America or Canada
- Tires which have been recapped, retreaded, or regrooved.
- Tires used in racing or other competitive events.
- Tires improperly repaired or with repairs not conforming to Rubber Manufacturers Association standards, or with
section repairs, or with a self-vulcanizing plug only or patch only.
- Tires which have been modified by the addition or removal of material or any tire intentionally altered to change
- Tires injected with liquid balancer or sealant or any other balancing material.
- Tires in which anything other than air or nitrogen has been used as the support medium.
- Tires removed in multiples when only one tire can be claimed, or is suspect of a claim
- Tires with weather cracking which were purchased more than four years prior to presentation for adjustment. (If
no proof of purchase date is available, the warranty will be four years from the DOT date).
- Tires which become unserviceable because of tire operation in excess of tire/wheel manufacturers specifications and recommendations, including spinning.
- Ride related anomalies after the first 2/32” of treadwear.
- Tires which are misapplied due to insufficient Speed Rating, Load Index, undersized or oversized tires.
- Tires which become unserviceable because of a mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as misalignment,
defective brakes, defective shock absorbers or struts, or improper rims.
- Tires damaged by fire, chemical corrosion, vandalism, wrecks, chains, theft, run while flat, underinflated,
overinflated or abused during servicing.
- Tires affected by flat spotting caused by improper transport or storage.
- Tires which become unserviceable because of road hazard injuries (e.g., nails, glass, metal objects) or other
penetrations or snags, bruises or impact damage, except for those Run Flat lines specifically covered by the
Pirelli Road Hazard Policy
- Tires damaged from improper mounting / demounting practices
- Tire dealer/retailer services (e.g., mounting, dismounting, balancing, studding, tire rotation, or wheel alignment).
- Summer tires which develop cracking due to use in ambient temperatures below 45° F. These include the P
Zero Silver, the P Zero Trofeo, the P Zero Corsa system, the P Zero, the P Zero Rosso, the P Zero Nero, the
Cinturato P7, the Scorpion Zero, the Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico and the Scorpion Verde.
- Mileage warranty on tires fitted as Original Equipment (Pirelli brand tires supplied as original equipment on new
How to Make a Claim Under This Warranty
The owner, when making a claim under the terms of this warranty, must present the tire along with proof of purchase to any authorized Pirelli Dealer. THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY GIVEN BY PTNA, APPLICABLE TO PIRELLI BRAND OR PTNA PRIVATE BRAND ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT OR REPLACEMENT PASSENGER CAR AND LIGHT TRUCK RADIAL TIRES. PTNA DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY
OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PTNA DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSON, INCLUDING AUTHORIZED PIRELLI DEALERS OR CAR MANUFACTURERS, OR CAR DEALERS, TO CHANGE THIS WARRANTY
OR CREATE ANY OTHER OBLIGATION IN CONNECTION WITH PIRELLI TIRES.
PTNA WILL NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY IF AN ANOMALY IS FOUND TO EXIST IN A PIRELLI BRAND OR PTNA PRIVATE BRAND ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT OR REPLACEMENT PASSENGER
CAR OR LIGHT TRUCK RADIAL TIRE. ALL OTHER REMEDIES ARE EXCLUDED, INCLUDING ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY ON THE PART OF PTNA FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (SUCH AS A LOSS OF USE
OF VEHICLE, LOSS OF TIME OR INCONVENIENCE) ARISING OUT OF ANY ANOMALIES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to the consumer. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights and they may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.