Mercedes SLS Accessories & Parts
The Mercedes SLS AMG was unveiled on September 15, 2009, at the Frankfurt Motor Show in Germany. The SLS AMG became the successor to Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren and Mercedes-Benz 300SL, and thus it became a prominent representative of luxury GT automotive class. Europe met the SLS AMG in the middle of 2010 and the United States market will welcome the vehicle in mid-2011. The SLS AMG design is the result of durability, style and safety provided by Mercedes and high technologies of AMG. The Mercedes SLS AMG is powered by AMG 6.3 L front-mid V8 engine with a top power of 563 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque, mated to 7-speed dual-clutch semi-automatic transmission. With a perfect weight distribution and low gravity center, the SLS AMG demonstrates top speed of 197 mph and it takes only 3.7 seconds to reach 60 mph.
The SLS AMG is entirely built from the ground up. Aerodynamics is the key element of the concept. The total weight of the aluminum built SMS AMG is 530 lb. Visual smoothness of the vehicle shapes is combined with the considerable rigidity of aluminum space frame body. Mercedes SLS exterior parts are peculiar to the parts of the state-of-the-art racing car. One glance is enough to recognize its gullwing doors. For elegant entry, the opening angle of gullwing doors is maximized and the doors can be easily opened in a garage. Along with the doors, the headlights of the SLS AMG are also designed in the form of a wing. The lighting system includes central bixenon low-beam headlights with LED blinkers, a pair of daytime running lights, and LED fog lamps. To insure outstanding stability, integrated into the trunk lid rear spoiler activates at the speed of 75 mph and retracts at the speed below 50 mph. The SLS AMG interior creates race-inspired atmosphere by airplane cockpit layout, dashboard with extended wing-like profile, and leather sport seats with magnesium backrests.
Mercedes-Benz designed a SLS AMG family. Original Mercedes SLS AMG will have at least four siblings: Desert Gold version, GT3 racing version, the “Blackbird,” and E-Cell. Following the Middle East commitment to luxury, Mercedes-Benz unveiled the Desert Gold version of the SLS AMG at the 2009 Dubai International Auto Show. Matte gold skin with black alloy wheels and wing-like headlights and doors gained for the Desert Gold version reputation of a super car. Next year the SLS AMG GT3 was unveiled at the 2010 New York Auto Show. The GT3 version has ergonomic interior and top-class performance designed for racing. Another sibling of the SLS AMG called Blackbird was presented the same year at the 2010 Sydney Motor Show as a special edition. Being socially conscious, Mercedes-AMG GmbH team created a new version named the E-Cell that was to reduce the environmental impact. The E-Cell is to join the "AMG Performance 2015” product line. Under the project, the E-Cell is designed to be one of the fastest electric sport cars.
Without any doubts, the Mercedes SLS AMG embodies dreams of every driver. Once you try it, you will never forget the incredible feeling of speed and freedom. With all its upscale amenities of the interior design and all advanced technologies, the SLS AMG is a legend. Drivers know what they want when they see it. And when they see the Mercedes SLS AMG in action, they want it. Sucha legendary vehicle requires only the best accessories and parts and every driver knows that.
Once the Founder of AMG underlined, “You cannot improve the Mercedes, but you can make it different.” CARiD.com is the one to bring the full scope of the Mercedes SLS Accessories and Parts either to protect your vehicle or to make it different. We receive the tops from the leading manufactures for you to get what you want in the quality you expect. Each of accessories offered at CARiD.com comes with the detailed description for you to make the right choice from the comprehensive list of the Mercedes SLS accessories and parts.
Whatever you expect from your Mercedes SLS, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Mercedes SLS and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by