Mazda RX-7 Accessories & Parts
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Fender Flares
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Vertical Doors
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Armor & Protection
- Car Tents
- Snow Plows
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
The Mazda RX-7 is a sports coupe that entered production at the tail-end of the 1970s and remained an important part of the Mazda lineup until 2002. During its time on the road, the RX-7 earned a reputation as a highly-popular sports vehicle for custom-enthused drivers seeking aftermarket modifications to auto parts. This largely had to do with the model's racing profile, which would later go on to become a big part of the vehicle's marketing (even during model years when the engine displacement wasn't particularly powerful). When it first rolled off the line, the RX-7 showed off a svelte body shape, a 1.1L engine, and a distinctive high-mounted license plate.
Throughout most of the first generation, the Mazda RX-7 was broken down into "series." Series 2 premiered in 1981 and displayed four-wheel disc brakes, wrap-around tail lights, and a limited slip differential. This version of the RX-7 was considered a success by critics and drivers alike, as it took home Ten Best honors from Car and Driver magazine. 1984 welcomed in the third series, which showcased a fuel-injected 1.3L engine good for 135 horsepower and 135 pounds-per-foot of torque. Configurations of the model varied from country to country but overall, sales were very strong. Almost 378,000 units were sold in the US over the first generation. The second generation of the Mazda RX-7 debuted in 1986. Dubbed "Series 4", the RX-7 was equipped with a fuel-injected 1.3L engine which produced up to 146 horsepower. However, a turbocharged variant offered a boost with 182 hp. Like the previous generation, Mazda's sophomore effort with the RX-7 turned up aces, as well, garnering Motor Trend's Import Car of the Year (1986) and making Car and Driver's Ten Best List once again (1987).
Third-generation Mazda RX-7s began making their way onto US dealer lots for the 1992 model year. It was designed with a more aerodynamic feel than it had in the past and bold 1.3L base engine rated at 250 horsepower directed through either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic. As for the model's dimensions, the Mazda RX-7 measured in with a wheelbase of 95.5 inches, a height of 48.4 inches, a width of 68.9 inches, and an overall length of 168.5 inches. As the third (and final) generation of the Mazda RX-7 progressed, a more powerful 1.3L engine capable of up to 276 horsepower entered the lineup. Series 6 (the inaugural series of the third generation) was the most successful in other markets outside the US and Canada. More recognition came the car's way, as it took home Playboy magazine's Car of the Year award (1993) and was once again named to Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best List (1993, 1994, and 1995). Following 1995, the RX-7 was no longer offered in North America, although it stayed in production in Japan for the next several years for other markets.
Hailed as one of the most important sports cars of the modern era, the RX-7 still retains its rightful place as a true legend. One of the models that put Mazda on the map, this desirable sports coupe broke through many barriers when it debuted, from its economically sound price range to its uniquely-attractive body design and reliable Mazda parts that caught the world off-guard. It has also been known to pack enough punch to pass from the fast lane, and corners with brisk efficiency. With a remarkable pedigree of success to back it up, the RX-7 is a striking reminder of Mazda innovation.
CARiD.com presents a complete selection of Mazda RX-7 Accessories and Parts. Chrome trim, spoilers, floor mats, wheels, and much more are available inside our world-class selection of Mazda RX-7 accessories and parts. That's because we recruit every major manufacturer in the business to round out our inventory. Plus, since you're getting the best of the best, all of our Mazda RX-7 accessories are guaranteed to provide a precise OEM fit as well as unquestionable durability. You want to give your car style that goes the distance? This is where to get it!
Whatever you expect from your Mazda RX-7, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Mazda RX-7 and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by