GT-S Series Curved Vane Type III 2-Piece Rotor Big Brake Kit by Brembo®. Upgrade your OE (Original Equipment) brakes to Brembo, the world’s finest GT-S braking system. The race inspired Brembo M Series calipers are perfect for the club racer or weekend track day enthusiast that wants to take that next step in braking. The M Series is a multi-piston aluminum caliper with performance properties gleaned from the company’s endurance caliper that helped the Ford GT win the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The pistons include racing style radiators and dual inner piston seals, with an inner pressure seal and an outer wiper seal. This innovative design provides the best combination of performance and long-lasting track use. The calipers are hard anodized for longevity and resistance to corrosion at high temperatures. The Brembo logo is racing style, engraved in red, as seen on all of the company’s competition products.
- Optimum brake performance, balance, heat dissipation and fade resistance
- Designed specifically for your vehicle and driving conditions
- Motorsports derived components and technology
- Lightweight components reduce unsprung weight
- Lightweight 2-piece floating curved vane slotted brake discs
- Floating anti-rattle hardware minimizes noise
- Lightweight aluminum multi-piston fixed calipers
- High performance brake pads with application specific friction material
- Pad retaining system minimizes brake noise and facilitates pad changes
- Precision milled billet caliper mounting brackets
- Abrasion and corrosion resistant Goodridge braided steel brake lines
- Comes complete with all necessary mounting hardware and comprehensive instructions
- Fully compatible with your car’s master cylinder, ABS and traction control system
- 2-year limited warranty
- Disc assemblies include an outer iron disc with aluminum bell/hat and provide decreased corner weights to improve vehicle dynamics including handling, acceleration, and braking
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- 2-Piece rotors offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation compared to 1-piece rotors
- Floating rotor design provides better contact of rotor blade and pad
- Vented type of rotors offer much faster heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
- Fixed calipers create friction from the brake pads on both sides of the rotor at minimum time interval
Your high performance car should stop as well as it goes; unfortunately your stock brake system isn’t up to the task. Sure, it’s okay for casual driving, but push your car through the twistys on a deserted road, or take your car to a track day, and it won’t be long before you’re experiencing brake fade, poor pedal feel, and increased stopping distances. Get the high performance braking system you and your car deserve, Brembo, the world’s best. Brembo engineers design each brake system upgrade for the specific vehicle and driving conditions. They put the optimum combination together based on a thorough knowledge of OE braking systems and the use of an unlimited range of caliper, piston, friction material, and disc combinations. With a Brembo system you’ll experience improved pedal feel, better brake modulation, and improved brake performance. Braking action will be noticeably more immediate and decisive, and it will remain consistent even during race track use. And a Brembo system is easy to install. It comes with everything required for installation, and it’s fully compatible with your car’s master cylinder, ABS and traction control system.
The Brembo brake system starts with large, lightweight, 2-piece floating curven vane slotted brake discs, to reduce unsprung weight and increase brake torque and heat dissipation. The cast iron discs are made from a proprietary cast iron alloy, which enables them to last much longer than comparable high performance and racing discs. They’re slotted to continually clean and refresh the pad surface, shed water and debris, prevent gas build-up, and provide increased durability under extreme braking conditions. They’re also vented for cooling and resistance to brake fade and zinc coated to give them an attractive corrosion resistant finish. For lightness and performance, the cast iron disc is attached to a precision milled billet aluminum center section, using Brembo’s proprietary floating hardware. These fasteners, called “bobbins”, allow the disc to “float” in both radial and axial directions, enabling the disc to expand and contract according to temperature variations. Brembo’s unique anti-rattle disc hardware eliminates the noise usually associated with floating discs.
The new six-piston M6 calipers and four-piston M4 are derived from the current Brembo Gran Turismo (GT) performance caliper family. This makes the new components fully interchangeable with the GT kits, allowing them to fit under the same size wheels and accommodate the same size rotors while providing increased performance. In fact, the M6 and M4 calipers can be referenced through the same application list as the GT brake systems. The M6 is a front caliper designed for a disc that measures from 350 to 405mm, with a thickness of 32 to 34mm. The M4 is used for the rear axle as well as for some front applications and wraps around disc sizes from 328 to 380mm. The M6 and M4 share the same Brembo design characteristics that have been proven at the top rungs of motorsport for over 40 years.
The Brembo calipers are connected to your car’s hydraulic system with Goodridge brake hoses. Goodridge is the only brake hose system approved for use in every country in the world. The hose consists of a PTFE (Teflon) inner hose covered by braided stainless steel, which provides a firm pedal and eliminates the “spongy” feel that is often felt with stock rubber brake hoses. With Goodridge, you can be assured that every inch of pressure from the pedal is transferred to the caliper. Every Brembo Brake Kit includes all the hardware necessary for installation, and comes with detailed and comprehensive instructions. Brembo warrants to the original user that this brake kit is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
In its 50 years of existence, Brembo® has secured a prestigious place for itself in the automotive braking system sector. This position can only be held through continuous innovation in products and services, maintaining the highest possible quality levels, offering competitive prices and focusing the utmost attention on safety, individual and public health and respect for the environment. The group's Quality, Safety and Environment policy expresses Brembo's commitment to client satisfaction and ongoing improvement.