Brake Fluids & Lubricants
- Febi®Brake Assembly Lubricant Ceramic Paste (G-000-650)Brake Assembly Lubricant Ceramic Paste by Febi®. 3.5 oz. Tube. This top-grade product is expertly made in compliance with stringent industry standards to offer a fusion of a well-balanced design and high level of craftsmanship....24 Months/24,000 Miles WarrantyThe finest quality at a great price$9.77
- Febi®Brake Assembly Lubricant Lithium Grease (G-052-150-A2)Brake Assembly Lubricant Lithium Grease by Febi®. 100 g. Tube. This top-grade product is expertly made in compliance with stringent industry standards to offer a fusion of a well-balanced design and high level of craftsmanship....24 Months/24,000 Miles WarrantyThe finest quality at a great price$12.66
- Febi®Brake FluidBrake Fluid by Febi®. DOT 4 Plus fluid. This top-grade product is expertly made in compliance with stringent industry standards to offer a fusion of a well-balanced design and high level of craftsmanship. Manufactured from...The finest quality at a great priceEngineered to provide reliable performance for years to come$8.46 - $37.98
- Lucas Oil®Synthetic Brake FluidUniversal Synthetic Brake Fluid by Lucas Oil®. DOT 3, DOT 4. Lucas Brake Fluid is a high quality blend of polyethylene glycol ethers and additives which meet or exceed the industry minimum dry boiling point of 401'F. It meets the...Prevents seal hardening or softeningProtects against rust or corrosion$2.24 - $5.22
- Permatex®Disc Brake QuietUniversal Disc Brake Quiet by Permatex®. Stops brake squeal by dampening vibration at caliper/brake pad interface. Provides tighter fit and allows for easier disassembly. Protects against corrosion. Compatible with anti-lock brake...Stops brake squeal by dampening vibration at caliper/brake pad interfaceProtects against corrosion$2.71 - $5.64
- Sparta Evolution®Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid (R622)Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid by Sparta Evolution®. Sparta Evolution R622 Racing Brake Fluid is a high performance fluid suited for high temperature applications. Featuring a dry boiling point of 622°F, R622 racing fluid is the easy choice...Dry boiling point of 622°FSpecially formulated to provide the highest performance under racing conditions$15.95
- AllStar Performance®AP Radi-CAL R3 Brake FluidUniversal AP Radi-CAL R3 Brake Fluid by AllStar Performance®. This top-grade product is expertly made in compliance with stringent industry standards to offer a fusion of a well-balanced design and high level of craftsmanship....Precise manufacturing and high-grade materialsExceptional performance at a competitive price$23.99 - $29.99
- AllStar Performance®Castrol SRF Brake Fluid (ALL78115)Universal Castrol SRF Brake Fluid by AllStar Performance®. Castrol SRF brake fluid has a wet boiling point of 518 deg. F (270 deg. C) which exceeds DOT 3 and 4 standards. Do not mix Castrol SRF and other brake fluids, as this will...Precise manufacturing and high-grade materialsExceptional performance at a competitive price$79.99
- Motul USA®RBF 660 DOT 4 Synthetic Brake Fluid 16.9 oz (101667)Universal DOT 4 Synthetic Brake Fluid RBF 660 by Motul USA®. 16.9 oz. Very high dry boiling point of 622F (328C) and a wet boiling point of 399F (204C). For all types of hydraulic brake and clutch actuators requiring non-silicone...Designed for all types of hydraulic actuated brake and clutch systems100% synthetic brake fluid on polyglycol basis$26.67
- Sparta Evolution®Performance DOT 4 Brake Fluid (P518)Performance DOT 4 Brake Fluid by Sparta Evolution®. Sparta Evolution P518 Performance Brake Fluid is Sparta Evolution entry fluid, featuring a dry boiling point of 518°F. The P518 is perfectly suited for all types of driving, from your...Dry boiling point of 518°FPerfectly suited for all types of driving$8.95
- Champion Brands®Super Heavy Duty DOT 3 Brake FluidUniversal HD DOT 3 Brake Fluid by Champion Brands®. Brake Fluid DOT 3. CHAMPION BRANDS DOT 3 BRAKE FLUID meets or exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) No.116 (DOT 3) and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1703...Excellent thermal and chemical stabilityProvides corrosion and oxidation resistance$2.99 - $95.88
- Motul USA®DOT 5.1 Synthetic Brake Fluid 16.9 oz (100951)Universal DOT 5.1 Synthetic Brake Fluid by Motul USA®. 16.9 oz. 100% synthetic brake fluid on polyglycol basis for all types of hydraulic actuated brake and clutch systems in accordance with DOT 5.1, DOT 4 and DOT 3 manufacturers...Designed for all types of hydraulic actuated brake and clutch systems100% synthetic brake fluid on polyglycol basis$10.47
- Permatex®Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts LubricantUniversal Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant by Permatex®. A 100% synthetic formula, coupled with real ceramic solids make this premium brake lubricant our longest lasting, most temperature resistant way to silence brake noise....A 100% synthetic formulaEffective from -50°F to 3000°F (-46°C to 1649°C)$2.71 - $13.60
- Permatex®Ultra Disc Brake Caliper LubeUniversal Ultra Disc Brake Caliper Lube by Permatex® An environmentally-friendly, green, nonmelting, synthetic lubricant. It is formulated to lubricate under the most adverse brake conditions, assuring that critical caliper pins,...Green, non-melting, synthetic lubricantFormulated to lubricate under the most adverse brake conditions$1.05 - $12.17
- CRC®Disc Brake QuietUniversal Disc Brake Quiet by CRC®. CRC® Disc Brake Quiet forms a water resistant, high-temperature film that absorbs noise while quieting squeaks & squeals. Specially formulated to dampen the vibrations that cause brake noise. For use...Not VOC Compliant for California and OTCSpecially formulated to dampen the vibrations that cause brake noise$3.55 - $65.19
- CRC®Silaramic™ Brake System Grease 5 oz (05361)Universal Silaramic™ Brake System Grease by CRC®. 5 oz. A synthetic, dry-film, ceramic lubricant formulated to reduce brake noise and vibrations by dampening all brake vibrating frequencies. Will not run off or wash out. Works in...Contains molybdenum, PTFE and graphite for an extreme temperature range of -30F to 600FUse on every brake job$12.13
- Amalie Oil®Dot 3 Brake FluidUniversal Brake Fluid by Amalie Oil®. Dot 3 Brake Fluid 1 Bottle or Case 12x12 oz. Amalie Brake Fluids DOT 3 perform a variety of very important functions in the braking systems. They transmit the required power, minimize corrosion,...Quickly Removes Brake Fluid, Grease, Oil & Other Contaminants from Brake Lining & DrumsQuickly Cuts Through Grease & Grime, but it Does Not Leave an Oily Film$2.82 - $26.97
- Champion Brands®600 Series Racing DOT 4 Brake FluidUniversal 600 Series Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid by Champion Brands®. CHAMPION 600 SERIES RACING Brake Fluid DOT 4 was developed forextreme racing applications where adry boiling point exceeding minimum requirements is preferred.High-performance brake fluidTypical dry boiling point of 580° F (304ºC)$12.99 - $165.12
- Champion Brands®DOT 5 Silicone Brake FluidUniversal Brake Fluid by Champion Brands®. Silicone Brake Fluid DOT 5. Silicone Brake Fluid DOT 5. CHAMPION DOT 5 Silicone-Based Brake Fluid is a polysiloxane basedfluid designed for use in non-ABS hydraulic braking...Low vapor pressure eliminates vapor lockExtremely high dry and wet boiling points$9.99 - $143.16
- Champion Brands®DOT 5.1 Brake FluidUniversal Brake Fluid by Champion Brands®. Brake Fluid DOT 5.1. CHAMPION DOT 5.1 HIGH TEMP BRAKE FLUID provides the ultimate in high temperature protection,moisture resistance, and lubricity for ABS, hydraulic drum, disc braking...Meets or exceeds FMVSS no. 571.116Minimum wet boiling point 356$5.99 - $72.96
- Champion Brands®HD DOT 4 Synthetic Brake FluidUniversal Brake Fluid by Champion Brands®. Brake Fluid DOT 4. Brake Fluid DOT 4. CHAMPION BRANDS SYNTHETIC DOT4 BRAKE FLUID provides the ultimate in high temperature protection, moistureresistance, and lubricity for ABS, hydraulic drum,...Super heavy-duty formulation resists effects of moistureExcellent thermal and chemical stability$3.99 - $46.68
- Crown®Silicone Grease Pack (5011987AA)Universal Silicone Grease Pack by Crown®. Crown Automotive is just the ticket if you want to get the most out of your vehicle as well as revel in a more exciting driving experience. You will surely get a real bang for the buck!Developed to improve your driving experienceConstructed to ensure ultimate operation$3.33
- Loctite®Disc Brake Quiet StickUniversal Disc Brake Quiet Stick by Loctite®. This convenient wax-like stick formula with a revolutionary applicator has been developed and patented by Henkel. It creates a high temperature and water resistant film that stops squeaking...The only brake quiet product tested that fully complies with OEM acceptance criteriaEliminates brake squeals, squeaks, and chatter$4.36 - $7.44
- Prestone®DOT 3 High Temperature Synthetic Brake FluidUniversal DOT 3 High Temperature Synthetic Brake Fluid by Prestone®. Prestone Synthetic Brake Fluid is designed to provide a high margin of boiling point protection. High boil point formula that provides an extra margin of safety....Can be used for disc or drum brakesRecommended for anti-lock braking systems$4.49 - $11.72
- Sta-Lube®Synthetic Brake and Caliper GreaseUniversal Synthetic Brake and Caliper Grease by Sta-Lube®. A very stable resistant Aluminum Complex grease. Contains rust and oxidation inhibitors, anti-wear and extreme pressure additives and fortified with "moly" and graphite. For use...A specially developed synthetic grease with a high-tech formula for use in disc & drum brake systemsHigh temperature grease is plastic & rubber safe$5.09 - $21.78
- Tilton®Brake FluidUniversal Brake Fluid by Tilton®. 250ml bottles TBR-1 brake fluid has a 590º F Dry Boiling Point. Tilton brake fluids have been developed to withstand the high brake temperatures seen in racing. Both TSR-1 and TBR-1 fluids have a very...TBR-1 brake fluid has a 590 F Dry Boiling PointMaintain low compressibility at high temperatures$7.86
- Maxima Racing Oils®DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid, 12 ozUniversal DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid, 12 oz by Maxima Racing Oils®. The racing grade has a minimum boiling point of 600°F which assures fade-free operation under the most severe use. All three Maxima Brake Fluids are advanced glycol...Exceeds current SAE J1703, J1S K2233 and U.S. and FMVSS116 DOT 3 & 4 specificationsAnti-vapor lock formula$10.13 - $12.54
- PJ1®Cable Lube (1-12)Universal Cable Lube by PJ1®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind. It will meet your needs and deliver great quality at an...Cleans and lubes in one easy applicationSmoother and more precise cable operation$9.24
- AllStar Performance®Motul 600 Brake Fluid (ALL78117)Universal Motul 600 Brake Fluid by AllStar Performance®. 100% synthetic brake fluid has an extremely high boiling point helping to prevent vapor lock and brake fade during hard use. Motul 600 exceeds DOT 3 and DOT 4 specifications. Dry...Precise manufacturing and high-grade materialsExceptional performance at a competitive price$17.99
- AllStar Performance®Motul 660 Brake Fluid (ALL78118)Universal Motul 660 Brake Fluid by AllStar Performance®. 100% synthetic brake fluid is specifically designed to resist extreme temperature generated by racing carbon and ceramic brakes. Motul 660 exceeds DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1...Precise manufacturing and high-grade materialsExceptional performance at a competitive price$26.99
Brake fluid is the lifeblood of your brake system, the substance that delivers the hydraulic pressure that applies the brakes. Unfortunately it’s often overlooked – as long as there are no leaks and the level in the master cylinder is OK, we don’t think about it. But brake fluid begins to deteriorate as soon as it’s poured into your brake system, and after a few years it can deteriorate to the point where it may no longer stop your car. For safe driving, especially under conditions like towing, hauling, performance driving, and racing, change your brake fluid regularly and replenish with our quality products.
There are two types of brake fluid, glycol based and silicone based. The latter fluid, also known as DOT 5, is fine for classic cars because it won’t harm the paint if spilled. However, because silicone fluid aerates easily it cannot be used in anti-lock brake systems, which negates its use in just about all late model vehicles. DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5.1 are all glycol based fluids and classified according to their boiling points, so the right fluid can be used for each application. DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 contain additives that give them a higher boiling point than DOT 3.
All brake fluids have two boiling points, one dry and one wet. The dry boiling point is the temperature at which pure brake fluid will boil. The wet boiling point is the boiling point at which fluid that has absorbed moisture will boil. The two figures are given because glycol based fluid is hygroscopic, meaning it readily absorbs moisture. The dry boiling point of DOT 3 brake fluid, the type specified for average passenger car use, is 401ºF (205ºC), while the wet boiling point drops to 284ºF (140ºC). Even with their additives to increase boiling points, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 are similarly affected. DOT 4 has a dry boiling point of 446ºF (230ºC) and a wet boiling point of 311ºF (155ºC). DOT 5.1 has a dry boiling point of 500ºF (260ºC), with the wet boiling point reduced to 356ºF (180ºC).
It is the reduction in boiling point that affects brake fluid’s ability to perform. The more moisture the brake fluid absorbs, the more the boiling point is lowered. When moisture contaminated fluid gets hot and boils, vapor is formed, which unlike liquid, is compressible. If you’re driving in hilly terrain or towing a trailer, or driving aggressively on the street or at the race track, in any conditions where the brakes get hot and cause the fluid to boil, the pedal could go to the floor when depressed, without any hydraulic pressure applied to the brakes to stop your vehicle. In addition to dangerously lowering the boiling point, moisture in the brake fluid can also corrode parts like calipers, wheel cylinders, and ABS hydraulic units, possibly causing leaks and shortening their useable lifespan.
The answer to the moisture contamination problem is to change your brake fluid on a regular basis, especially if you live in a humid climate. Some vehicle manufacturers have recommended change intervals, but many do not. Don’t rely on the fluid’s visual appearance. To accurately determine the condition of fluid in your brake system we offer testers that can indicate the percentage of moisture in the system. We also have test strips that can be submerged in the fluid and then compared to a color scale on the packaging. When changing fluid, always use the DOT grade recommended for your vehicle. Along with their DOT classification, some brake fluids, DOT 4 racing fluid for example, are designated specifically for racing and have additives to boost the boiling point higher than the standard DOT 4 specs.
In addition to brake fluid, we also have the brake lubricants you need to properly assemble brake components. Using these lubricants during assembly is crucial to ensuring the assembled components function properly and without binding. These are specially designed silicone or synthetic based lubricants that can handle the high temperatures developed during brake operation. They won’t melt or harm rubber seals. Use this lube on caliper slide pins, rails, and bushings, and the brake shoe pads on brake backing plates, star wheel adjusters, and parking brake linkage on drum brakes. We also have spray cleaners that remove dirt and oil from brake parts, and disc brake quiet compounds that dampen vibration at the caliper/pad interface to prevent noise.
If you have a heavy-duty truck with air brakes, performing preventative maintenance before the thermometer drops below freezing is crucial if you want your brakes to perform properly. In winter, moisture in the air system can turn into ice crystals that can block air lines, cause air leaks and cause air valves to freeze up, making your brakes ineffective when you need them the most. We offer air brake antifreeze and conditioner that, when added to the air brake system, will prevent ice crystals from forming. With regular use air brake antifreeze and conditioner will also prevent corrosion and rust from forming that could cause extensive brake system damage.
- Motor Oils
- Transmission Fluids, Oils & Additives
- Antifreeze & Additives
- Engine Oil Additives
- Power Steering Fluid
- Air Filter Maintenance
- Fuel System Additives
- Multi-Purpose Lubricants
- Differential Lubricants
- Transfer Case Lubricants
- Suspension Lubricants
- Anti-Seize Lubricants
- Bearing Lubricants
- U-Joint Lubricants
- CV Joint Lubricants
- Electrical Lubricants
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Cleaners & Degreasers
- Hand Care
- Thread Compounds
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- June 23, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Car’s Brake Fluid?When it comes automotive maintenance items, changing a vehicle`s brake fluid is probably not at the top of anyone`s mind. But it should be, because there are important...