BMW 5-Series Accessories & Parts
- Custom Grilles
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Fender Flares
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Vertical Doors
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Armor & Protection
- Car Tents
- Snow Plows
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
The BMW 5-Series premiered in the early 1970s as a midsize luxury car with just the right amount of pep, style, and comfort. Throughout its first generation, the 5-Series was outfitted with a variety of inline four-cylinder and six-cylinder engines. In 1972, a fuel-injected 2.0L configuration made its debut in the lineup, while in 1976, the Motorsport Limited Edition was introduced, showing off a 3.0L inline six-cylinder good for up to 200 horsepower. The second generation of the 5-Series (E28) rolled off the line and onto the dealer lots in 1982. A slight redesign was made to the exterior, as new accessories, e.g. headlights, bumpers, and taillights were implemented. As for the powertrain, the most commonly used configuration was an inline six-cylinder. Highlights included a turbodiesel inline six that was available in Europe.
Come the early 1990s, the BMW 5-Series entered its third generation. Offered up as the 530i sedan, 530i wagon, and 540i sedan, the 5-Series settled into a groove and was duly recognized as one of the strongest entrants in its segment. The carmaker did not order a slew of updates to BMW 5-Series parts throughout the ‘90s. Towards the latter part of the decade, only sedan versions of the 5-Series were available, including the 528i (2.8L inline six-cylinder engine, 190 hp) and the 540i (4.4L V8, 282 hp). In 1999, BMW inserted the wagon ("touring") into the lineup along with variable-valve timing. 2001 saw the 528i received a bolder 3.0L inline six, changing its name to the 530i. The entry-level 525i was also introduced, showing off a 184-horsepower engine.
2004 welcomed in the arrival of the fifth generation of the BMW 5-Series. Showcasing an updated body shape supported by an increase in smooth lines while holding firm to typical BMW looks, the 5-Series was widely lauded for its appearance and performance-oriented 5-Series parts. Initially, only sedan versions were sold, but six-cylinder engines were still the main method of power, although a top-level V8 was still available as in previous editions. Trims were the 525i, 530i, and top-of-the-line 545i, with the 545i being on the receiving end of the V8 configuration. All engines were mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional six-speed automatic. In 2006, both six-cylinder engines were measured at 3.0L, displaying 215 hp for the 525i and 255 hp for the 530i, respectively. The highest-level model was the 550i, which housed a 4.8L V8 good for 360 horsepower. Also that year, the fifth-generation wagon made its way onto the roster as the 530xi. By 2008, the engine parts of the BMW 5-Series were updated yet again, as the base became the 528i (3.0L inline six-cylinder, 230 hp) with the 535i as the mid-level (3.0L twin turbo inline six-cylinder, 300 hp), and the 550i, which by and large remained unchanged.
One of BMW's finest examples of tasteful power and style, the 5-Series is a direct answer to those drivers who enjoy executive comfort to go along with all of their traveling adventures. The ease and reliability that people wish to think of in respect to their cars should never be taken for granted. The BMW 5-Series withstands the test of time, delivering a luxurious strength to everyone's driving experience.
If you're on the lookout for BMW 5-Series Accessories and Parts, CARiD.com is the place to be. We showcase nothing but the very finest BMW 5-Series accessories and parts at the best value around. Period. We cooperate with every major designer in the game to be able to provide the latest styles and the most advanced methods of protection or maintenance you need to keep your car healthy and happy. Because when we're talking about BMW 5-Series accessories, second place is not an option.
Whatever you expect from your BMW 5-Series, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your BMW 5-Series and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by