BedStep™ Bumper Step by AMP Research®. Add easy accessibility to the rear cargo area of your pickup or sport utility with this wide step pad that mounts to your vehicle frame. Supports 300 pounds, and the grippy composite step pad surface is wide enough for two large workboots. Aluminum construction with stainless steel pivot pins provides high strength and freedom from corrosion. Does not require a trailer hitch for mounting.
- Provides an easier climb into your bed area as well as effortless and safe retrieval of cargo in your pickup bed
- Does not require a trailer hitch because it mounts to vehicle frame member underneath rear bumper
- Large step pad supports 300 pounds and is large enough for two full-size workboots
- Premium grade aluminum construction with stainless steel pivot pins ensure high levels of strength and freedom from corrosion
- Finish is black anodized and Teflon-coated to effectively resist chips, scratches, and discoloration
- Composite material step pad surface is grooved to maintain high grip level in any weather conditions
- Will not interfere with towing, tailgate operation, or hitch-mounted carrying racks
- Retracts out of sight when not in use and flips down manually by foot
- All hardware and instructions included
- 3-year / 36,000-mile manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
Add a stylish and useful rear step to make accessing your truck or SUV's rear cargo area easier and safer with the BedStep Bumper Step by AMP Research. Not only is it rated to hold 300 pounds, its footing surface area is one of the widest on the market – allowing you to place both feet on it for better dexterity while you work. While most rear steps require a rear trailer hitch for mounting, this one does not. Instead, it secures to the vehicle frame member typically found underneath or behind your rear bumper. So if you don't have a trailer hitch, the BedStep Bumper Step still gives you back-saving functionality. And if you do have a trailer hitch, you can use it for other things without removing your Bumper Step because its retracting design effectively keeps it out of the way.
AMP Research's commitment to quality materials such as high-grade aluminum and stainless steel will keep the BedStep Bumper Step looking good and functioning properly for the life of your vehicle. AMP Research builds all components in the United States and backs them with a 3-year / 36,000 mile warranty against failure due to manufacturing defects.
Founded in 1980 in southern California, AMP Research came together with a wealth of engineering talent drawn from company founder Horst Leitner and others who were previously involved in motorcycle racing and engineering. During the 1980s and 1990s, AMP Research pioneered the first 4-stroke engines for off-road motocross bikes as well as other suspension and chain torque advancements for bicycles and motorcycles. Hauling dirt bikes to racing events in the back of their pickup trucks, company engineers rigged up temporary bed extenders to keep chairs and other items from sliding out on the road when tailgates were down. What they did worked so well, AMP Research patented the idea and introduced it for 1998 - quickly becoming a supplier to vehicle manufacturers that offered the bed extenders as factory equipment. During the following decade, AMP Research pioneered power retracting running boards and has become a featured supplier to major automakers who use them as well. AMP Research is ISO 9001:2008 certified for best business practices in manufacturing and customer satisfaction, and their range of high-quality products is widely respected throughout the industry. CARiD is proud to offer the best values on the full AMP Research lineup of power retracting running boards, step pads, bed extenders, and all individual replacement parts at prices that can't be beat.