Plymouth Valiant 1963, 1.5 Street Performance Series Monotube Shock Absorbers by Hotchkis®. This is a mono-tube shock absorbers produced under license by Fox. Civilized during street driving, yet progressively tuned with a digressive piston design and high-pressure nitrogen to give your classic muscle car optimum performance in slaloms and around oval racetracks. Billet aluminum construction provides high strength and rigidity with light weight that reduces unsprung suspension mass. Designed for longevity, polyurethane bushings provide a higher level of resilience which will not crumble or degrade like rubber, and rod guides employ dual seals which clean the shafts before they reach main seals.
|Dust Shield: No|
- Mono-tube shock absorbers that are produced under license by renowned manufacturer Fox Shock Absorbers
- Gives your classic muscle car optimum performance in slaloms and around oval racetracks
- Also provides sophisticated ride comfort on pavement over rough roads
- 1-piece aluminum body construction provides high rigidity with light weight that reduces unsprung suspension mass
- Digressive piston design provides progressive damping rates that get firmer with shock compression speed up to a fixed point
- Shocks contain high-pressure nitrogen for consistent performance under a range of extreme conditions and temperatures
- Black anodized billet aluminum end caps
- No need to trailer your vehicle – drive it to the racetrack, run top times in events all weekend, then drive home
- Excellent match for vehicles fitted with heavier, upsized wheels and tires
- Polyurethane eye bushings provide a higher level of resilience which will not crumble or degrade like rubber
- Multi-lip oil seal provides superior protection against intrusion by grit, water, and other contaminants
- Heat treated alloy shafts pass 100 hours of salt spray testing to ensure no outside contaminants shorten lifespan
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the United States
Hotchkis has teamed up with Fox Shock Absorbers to offer this set of mono-tube racetrack grade shock absorbers for the classic musclecar owner. Simply put, these shocks are so well engineered that it’s possible to drive your vehicle on the street hundreds of miles to the racetrack, run an event all weekend long, run top times at the event, then drive it back home. Fox’s digressive piston design provides a low flow rate at lower shock compression speed to provide ride comfort with a higher-than-stock level of firmness and resistance. As shock compression speed increases due to hard, fast cornering, the resistance rate increases up to a fixed point then tapers off. Raised bumps and potholes do exist on racetracks – should you hit either at high speed, too much shock resistance can cause disasterous wheel bounce. Not so with the Hotchkis/Fox Street Performance Series Shock Set.
Street Performance shocks offer the benefit of being crafted from one single piece of billet aluminum. One-piece construction provides the highest tensile strength, and the much lighter weight of aluminum reduces unsprung mass on your vehicle. That’s how pros get performance gains, and you’ll benefit from it during any kind of driving. End caps are also 6061-T6 billet aluminum (anodized black), and feature polyurethane bushings that offer smooth travel without unwanted squish or decay. Using corrosion-free materials such as aluminum and polyurethane are one of the ways these shocks are designed to repay you with many years of uncompromised service. To prevent contaminants from entering shock absorber internals, each rod guide employs a dual seal which cleans the shaft before it reaches the main seal. 100 hours of salt spray testing is used at the factory to confirm the level of protection you’ll get is second to none.
Founded in Santa Fe Springs, California in the late 1960s during the height of the original muscle car boom, Hotchkis® got its start building products that blessed GM, Mopar, and Ford performance cars with new abilities to corner and handle with stability at racetrack speeds. As the company's reputation for building quality products grew, Hotchkis components soon found their way onto all kinds of vehicles that were not made to go fast in any way, shape, or form. It didn't take long before station wagons, convertibles, and pickup trucks were wheeling around tracks all over Southern California with the tenacity of sports cars. After decades of developing suspension-enhancing products that have led to victories in championship racing events, slalom track competitions, and street challenges, Hotchkis has refined and perfected their manufacturing techniques to become the internationally respected company they are today. In 2013, Hotchkis opened a second facility in North Carolina which allows them to perform R&D on multiple platforms simultaneously, fabricate products for a greater number of racing applications, and offer suspension installation services. Our website is proud to offer the best values you'll find on a full range of Hotchkis sport coil springs that lower your vehicle's center of gravity to add resposiveness, tubular sway bars that optimize chassis balance, control, and stability, rear suspension packages that dramatically improve traction during launch and cornering, and much more.