The Solara is the kind of vehicle that becomes an important tool in your day to day life because it’s fun to drive and it has room for everything you need to take with you. That means that you need it to be running at its best and perhaps even better than it was when it was first built so you need the right performance upgrades. We have a range of them to suit your Solara so you can get the right improvements and our Toyota Solara air intakes are a great upgrade to start with.
Aftermarket air intakes can improve performance and fuel mileage by allowing your engine to get more air at better temperatures which is important to how it runs. There are different types like the cold air intake which allows your engine to receive air at lower temperatures so it’s easier to burn or the short ram intake which will remove restrictions to give your engine a higher flow of air while maintaining protections against debris. The right intake will give you a bigger performance boost than you would expect and it costs less than you’re probably expecting!
- Injen® IS Series Intake SystemIS Series Intake System by Injen®. The IS Series is a traditional, underhood air intake system that takes the place of your factory airbox and air filter, and the factory air intake tube. The EA Nanofiber air filter allows...$144.44 - $312.20
- K&N® 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit by K&N®. Improve airflow and increase horsepower on your vehicle. This intake kit is available in various finishes and configurations. It replaces the factory air intake system with a free...$129.99 - $540.99
- Weapon-R® Dragon Air Intake SystemDragon Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. Increased airflow and air volume into your engine results in more horsepower and torque. The Dragon Air Intake System is designed to maximize airflow and engine performance. 50-States Street...$51.00 - $293.25
- HPS® Short Ram Air Intake with Heat ShieldShort Ram Air Intake with Heat Shield by HPS®. Makes for more power throughout your vehicle's full RPM range utilizing mandrel-bent piping and K&N washable/reusable high flowing air filter, while for the maximum cooling effect, a...$150.10 - $261.25
- Weapon-R® Secret Weapon Air Intake SystemSecret Weapon Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. The Secret Weapon Air Intake System uses patented technology to feed the engine 3 times as much air as other systems. As a result, engine performance is increased more than with any...$169.15 - $378.25
- Injen® SP Series Short Ram Intake SystemSP Series Short Ram Intake System by Injen®. The Short Ram SP Series is a traditional, underhood air intake system that takes the place of your factory airbox and air filter, and the factory air intake tube. The EA Nanofiber air...$196.57 - $600.40
- K&N® 33 Series Panel Air Filter33 Series Air Filter by K&N®. A K&N 33 series OE replacement air filter is designed to increase horsepower and acceleration. These washable and reusable panel air filters are easy to install because they fit directly into the...$34.99 - $92.99
- aFe® Pro Dry S Air FilterPro Dry S Air Filter by aFe®. The Pro DRY S is the perfect combination of performance, protection and convenience. When you want increased airflow with superior filtration, but ease of maintenance is a high priority, look no...$49.95 - $919.84
- K&N® E Series Round Air FilterE Series Air Filter by K&N®. K&N E Series round automotive air filters are designed to replace your restricted factory air filter for additional horsepower and performance. These filters are washable, reusable and last up to 50,000...$28.99 - $356.99
- GREEN FILTER® Factory Replacement Air FilterFactory Replacement Air Filter by Green Filter®. Replace your factory air cleaner filter element with a Green Filter oiled-cotton filter and never buy another filter as long as you own your vehicle. Enjoy superior flow and finer...$25.55 - $115.31
- aFe® Pro 5R Air FilterPro 5R Air Filter by aFe®. The Pro 5R air filter provides increased airflow to your engine without sacrificing filtration ability. The increased airflow allows your engine to make more power, and have better throttle response and...$46.95 - $199.95
- K&N® Apollo Chrome Cold Air Intake SystemApollo Cold Air Intake System (RC-5052AS) by K&N®. Cooler air inlet temperatures mean more horsepower. This universal kit turns any air intake system into a Cold Air intake system. It replaces the OEM airbox with a K&N air filter...$199.99
- K&N® Apollo Red Cold Air Intake SystemApollo Cold Air Intake System (RC-5052AR) by K&N®. Cooler air inlet temperatures mean more horsepower. This universal kit turns any air intake system into a Cold Air intake system. It replaces the OEM airbox with a K&N air filter...$205.99
- K&N® Apollo Blue Cold Air Intake SystemApollo Cold Air Intake System (RC-5052AL) by K&N®. Cooler air inlet temperatures mean more horsepower. This universal kit turns any air intake system into a Cold Air intake system. It replaces the OEM airbox with a K&N air filter...$201.99
- K&N® Apollo Black Cold Air Intake SystemApollo Cold Air Intake System (RC-5052AB) by K&N®. Cooler air inlet temperatures mean more horsepower. This universal kit turns any air intake system into a Cold Air intake system. It replaces the OEM airbox with a K&N air filter...$126.99
Guides & Articles
- Performance PartsMy Car is Brand New | Why Should I Change My Air Intake System?Aftermarket air intake systems have become one of the most popular engine modifications available for late model cars and trucks. An easy question to ask is why are these so popular? After all, didn't engineers who work for your vehicle manufacturer spend years developing the best engine components available? Since power and fuel economy are major selling points these days, it's hard to imagine car companies not doing everything they can to maximize horsepower, miles per gallon, or both.
- Performance PartsWhat are the Different Types of Air Intake Systems?There are many types of aftermarket air intake systems that range from simple and inexpensive to elaborate. In the scope of this article, we'll examine the different types of air intakes, what they do, and look at a few specific product examples of each. But in short, performance air intake setups increase airflow into your engine - boosting combustion and creating more horsepower and torque that you can actually feel. Their relatively low cost and easy installation (bolt-on in most cases) keeps them in popular demand by car enthusiasts that own everything from 1.5-liter turbo motors to big block V8 engines.
- Performance PartsWhy does my car have a plastic intake manifold?An intake manifold is an integrated assembly that sits atop the engine, consisting of a series of tubes which distribute fresh outside air to each and every cylinder. On V-shaped engine blocks, an intake manifold typically sits between the two cylinder banks while inline engines may feature a manifold to the side of the cylinder head. Intake manifolds serve as a mounting point for carburetors, throttle body assemblies, fuel injectors, thermostats, and more depending on vehicle manufacturer engineering preferences. Intake manifolds may also serve to route coolant through dedicated channels in order to remove heat from the engine. Because of their location and functionality, intake manifold assemblies are under constant stress from engine vacuum pressure as well as direct heat from coolant, cylinder combustion gasses, and the cylinder heads to which they are mounted.
- Performance PartsThe Real Cost of Your Car’s Cheap Factory Air FilterMost aftermarket air filters are constructed from multiple layers of cotton gauze, which are sandwiched between wire mesh that is formed into pleats. The layers of oiled cotton fibers are able to trap dirt particles that are even smaller than the holes in the filter media. The airflow stays consistent between cleanings, for optimal combustion.
- Centric® Posi Quiet™ Extended Wear Semi-Metallic Brake Pads$30.10 - $30.89
- Dorman® Valve Cover$127.66 - $205.30
Toyota Solara Performance Air Intake Systems Reviews
- Related Toyota Solara Pages
- Popular Solara Part Numbers
- Weapon-R® 805-144-101 - Dragon Air Intake System (Polished Pipe, Gunmetal Filter Cage and Black Foam)
- Weapon-R® 805-129-101 - Dragon Air Intake System (Polished Pipe, Gunmetal Filter Cage and Black Foam, V6)
- Weapon-R® 305-129-101 - Secret Weapon Air Intake System (V6)
- Weapon-R® 305-151-101 - Secret Weapon Air Intake System (3.0L / 3.3L V6)
- Injen® IS2030P - IS Series Short Ram Intake System (Polished)
- Injen® IS2032P - IS Series Short Ram Intake System (Polished)
- Injen® SP2026BLK - SP Series Short Ram Intake System (Black)
- Toyota Solara Models
- Solara SE Performance Air Intake Systems
- Solara SE Sport Performance Air Intake Systems
- Solara SLE Performance Air Intake Systems
- Solara Sport Performance Air Intake Systems