Plymouth Barracuda Accessories & Parts
A 2-door coupe, named Plymouth Barracuda, was based on the Plymouth Valiant (sharing the A-body platform with it) and became available in 1964. Being popular in the U.S. in the early-mid 1960s, the sporty compact car had a wraparound back glass. After it premiered on the first of April, in 1964, it took two weeks for this vehicle to beat Ford Mustang, which named this type of vehicle "a pony car". Plymouth Barracuda was planned to bear the name "Panda" (which was not popular with the car's designers), but after all "Barracuda", which John Samsen (a Chrysler designer) suggested, was chosen. The main similarities between the Valiant and the Barracuda were the same wheelbase (106 inches), bumpers, quarter panels, the hood, vent windows, windshield, and headlamp bezels. The first generation model boasted the largest ever rear window (14,4 ft?) for a standard production car, new sheet metal and glass.
Equipped with standard 2.8-liter engine, the vehicle had an output of 101 hp, and with optional 3.7-liter engine the output was 145 hp. The high-end 4.5-liter engine (compact and rather light) made 180 hp. As for the 1964 model year, the optional Torqueflite automatic transmission was available on Barracuda, but it was the only a year that it lasted. Due to the intensified competition between pony cars in 1995, Plymouth Barracuda was powered by the revised engine with the increased ouptput of 235 hp. The Formula "S" package appeared in 1965 with the Commando V8 engine, larger wheels, suspension upgrades, tachometer, air conditioning, disc brakes, and special emblems. Significant changes were made to the car in 1966 with such Barracuda parts as larger bumpers, more rectilinear contour of fenders, new taillights, the grille with a strong grid theme, new dashboard, and optional center console.
Redesigned with specific sheet metal styling, the second generation model arrived with a longer wheelbase (108 inches) and was offered as convertible, fastback, and notchback hardtop. The notchback's design cues were wider wheel openings, S-curved roof pillars, curved side glass, and concave rear deck panel. New fastback coupe had more streamlined rear portion of the roof and smaller back glass. Chrome trim was less used on the exterior. The improved engines for the second generation models were the 273 (4.5-liter engine), the 383 (6.3-liter engine), the 318 (5.2-liter) LA engine, and new 340 (5.6- liter) LA engine. Mod Top (a vinyl roof with floral motif), a new option was offered in 1969 and 1970. In the last year of second generation model production the 'Cuda, a new trim package premiered. It was based on the Formula S option and came with 340, 383, and new 440 Super Commando V8 engines. The third genenaration Plymouth Barracuda (now came as coupe and convertible) was built on Chrysler's B platform, known as the E-body. Available in three trims (base, Gran coupe, and sport 'Cuda), the model came with two six-cylinder engines (new 198 and 225), also six different V8s were available. There was also a street version of the AAR 'Cuda, which carried the 340 engine. Almost unchanged through 1974, the Barracuda had a new grille, dual headlights and four circular taillights. The powertrain consisted of a 225 six, the 318, and 340 engines.
It doesn't matter which model year we're talking about, it doesn't matter what color we're talking about, or what kind of driver is behind the wheel - the Plymouth Barracuda is a superstar. Featuring Plymouth parts trusted all of the world, the Barracuda is built for white-knuckle performance and silky-smooth style. It is one of those rare vehicles that are not only a living legend, but a presence that keeps growing stronger. It doesn't matter if you lust for fashion, security, or performance, when it comes to Plymouth Barracuda accessories, CARiD.com has you covered.
Inside our vast inventory of Plymouth Barracuda accessories and parts, you'll find whatever it is you need to put a distinctive touch on your ride. From sleek exterior refinements to the very best in interior comfort, we've got the Plymouth Barracuda Accessories and Parts that do the trick. We recruit the very most premier names in the business and show them off at the best prices around just for you. Don't hold back. This is one car that deserves your attention!
- Covercraft® - Dustop™ Custom Car CoverStarting at: $215.84$215.84
- Coverking® - Autobody Armor™ Custom Car CoverStarting at: $499.99$499.99
- DashMat® - VelourMat™ Custom Dashboard CoverStarting at: $42.99$42.99
- Rhino-Rack® - Multi Purpose HolderStarting at: $44.10$44.10
- GT Performance® - GT3 Competition Symmetrical Style Foam Steering WheelStarting at: $164.98$164.98
- ACC® - Hot Rod Wire LoomsStarting at: $182.49$182.49
- Eurosport Daytona® - Silver Mopar Logo on Green Camouflage Lazertag Series License PlateStarting at: $31.95$31.95
- Willpak® - ABS Rear Window LouverStarting at: $272.45$272.45
- Seat Armour® - Mopar Towel Seat CoverStarting at: $37.95$37.95
Whatever you expect from your Plymouth Barracuda, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Plymouth Barracuda and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
- Plymouth Barracuda Chrome Trim
- Plymouth Barracuda Floor Mats
- Plymouth Barracuda Body Kits
- Plymouth Barracuda Cargo Liners
- Plymouth Barracuda Seat Covers
- Plymouth Barracuda Car Covers
- Plymouth Barracuda Steering Wheels
- Plymouth Barracuda Custom Gauges
- Plymouth Barracuda Side Mirrors
- Plymouth Barracuda License Plates
- Plymouth Barracuda Wiper Blades
- Plymouth Barracuda Custom Hoods
- Plymouth Barracuda Bike Racks
- Plymouth Barracuda Roof Racks
- Plymouth Barracuda Trailer Hitches
- Plymouth Barracuda Sun Shades
- Plymouth Barracuda Dash Covers
- Plymouth Barracuda Side Vents
- Plymouth Barracuda Car Organizers
- Plymouth Barracuda Racing Seats
| Posted by Tim | (Des Moines, IA)
Although I have not installed them yet they look good and they are a better value than others that I have seen!