Mercedes SL Class Accessories & Parts
Going back decades, the Mercedes SL Class first shot onto the scene in the early ‘60s, providing the German automaker with a sleek, punchy roadster that could go head to head with the best in its class. Throughout the ‘70s, the SL Class grew into its V8 image even more, as the body was redesigned and the marque's penchant for safety features began to take hold. But it wasn't until the late 1980s when the Mercedes SL Class along with its parts took on the modern look and feel the model has today. Considered by most to be the “fourth generation" of the model, the Mercedes SL Class hit US shores in 1990. It sported a new roll bar, a push-button power top, and several other details fresh for both the inside and outside of the vehicle. Trims included the 300SL and 500SL. The 300SL was equipped with a 3.0L DOHC inline six-cylinder engine good for 228 horsepower directed through either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission while the 5.0L DOHC V8 pumped out 322 horsepower geared to a four-speed automatic.
In 1992, the 600SL premiered outfitted with a V12 engine capable of 389 horsepower directed through a four-speed automatic. The SL Class was also offered in several Sport packages, which allowed drivers additional options to choose from, including 18" wheels. Two years later in 1994, more changes came to the model, as the 300SL was increased to 3.2L and renamed the 320SL. However, soon Mercedes abandoned the old formula of putting letters at the end, and the model became known as the SL320. Also that year, the SL500 and SL600 were given a five-speed automatic transmission. By 2001, the SL was available only as the SL500. Although offered in one trim, the Mercedes SL was loaded with the latest technology, especially in the way of safety features, which included Active Body Control, Electronic Brake Control, and side-impact airbags. Eventually, Mercedes launched the SL55 AMG, which was equipped with a supercharged version of the 5.0L V8, generating up to 493 horsepower. In 2004, the SL600's engine was also given a boost up to 493 hp.
The base SL went from the SL500 to the Sl550 come 2007. Its engine was a 5.5L V8 that punched out 382 horsepower. The SL also received such new parts as wheels, an updated front-end grille, and an improved steering system. Both the SL55 AMG and SL600 received an upgrade in engine oomph up to 510 horsepower. The SL Class parts remained virtually unchanged for 2008, but Mercedes gave the model another redesign for 2009. Once again, the exterior was on the receiving end of several changes, as the grille was widened and the headlights were refreshed. When it came to the S Class's drivability, the ABC (Active Body Control) was improved. Powertrains were altered, as well. The SL55 was replaced by the SL63 and showed off a 6.2L V8 which churned out 518 horsepower and the new “Speedshift" multi-clutch seven-speed automatic transmission.
Power and prestige are what highlight the Mercedes SL Class. A feeling of luxury, style, and flash are what being behind the wheel of an SL is all about. It is symbolic. The SL brings it all, backed by a whole cavalry of horsepower that make it one of the most dominant performers on stretch of highway. A true pleasure to drive, the SL Class handles with elegance and comfort, even at top speed. It is refined. It is sophisticated. And it comes from a legendary background. One thing we know for sure is this: there aren't many vehicles that invite the passion and power the SL is known for. That's why it's so important to choose the right accessories for SL Class!
Elegance, style, and comfort are all on display inside CARiD.com's selection of Mercedes SL Class Accessories and Parts. We fill up our inventory with nothing less than the highest quality Mercedes SL Class accessories available, coming at you from the finest manufacturers in the world. Spoilers, grille guards, floor mats, wheels, and a whole lot more are featured inside our inventory daily. And since all of our Mercedes SL Class accessories and parts are world-class, you can count on a precise factory fit and unquestionable durability no matter what. This is where your ride feels at home!
- Covercraft® - WeatherShield™ HD Custom Car CoverStarting at: $422.07$422.07
- Thule® - M.O.A.B. Roof Basket ExtensionStarting at: $129.95$129.95
- Yakima® - WB400 Kayak J-Cradle CarrierStarting at: $299.00$299.00
- Remin® - Main KitStarting at: $136.50$136.50
- Centric® - Posi Quiet™ Premium Metallic Brake PadsStarting at: $32.21$32.21
- Coverking® - Triguard™ Custom Car CoverStarting at: $139.99$139.99
- DashMat® - Limited Edition™ Custom Dashboard CoverStarting at: $49.99$49.99
- KSport® - SuperComp Front Brake KitStarting at: $3,040.00$3,040.00
- Dorman® - Wheel NutStarting at: $117.06$117.06
Whatever you expect from your Mercedes SL Class, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Mercedes SL Class and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
- Mercedes SL Class Dash Kits
- Mercedes SL Class Billet Grilles
- Mercedes SL Class Chrome Trim
- Mercedes SL Class Spoilers
- Mercedes SL Class Floor Mats
- Mercedes SL Class Body Kits
- Mercedes SL Class Cargo Liners
- Mercedes SL Class Vertical Doors
- Mercedes SL Class Seat Covers
- Mercedes SL Class Car Covers
- Mercedes SL Class Custom Gauges
- Mercedes SL Class Light Covers
- Mercedes SL Class Side Mirrors
- Mercedes SL Class License Plates
- Mercedes SL Class Wiper Blades
- Mercedes SL Class Custom Hoods
- Mercedes SL Class Bike Racks
- Mercedes SL Class Roof Racks
- Mercedes SL Class Trailer Hitches
- Mercedes SL Class Sun Shades
- Mercedes SL Class Dash Covers
- Mercedes SL Class Fender Flares
- Mercedes SL Class Side Vents
- Mercedes SL Class Car Organizers
- Mercedes SL Class Car Bras
- Mercedes SL Class Racing Seats
| Posted by Steven L. | (Long Beach, CA)
Very nice product fits the car nicely, however the color was not an exact match.