The 6 is comfortable enough to drive all day and has the room for everything you need to take with you so it’s the kind of vehicle that you spend a lot of time driving. That means that you need it to be running at its best and the easiest way to achieve that is by installing the right performance upgrades. Thankfully, we have a wide range of them so that you can get the combination that suits you and our Mazda 6 air intakes are the perfect place to start.
Your engine runs by burning a combination of air and fuel which means that aftermarket air intakes can improve your vehicle’s performance by allowing more and cooler air to reach the engine. You can get the right performance because we have different types of aftermarket intakes including the cold air intake which will give your engine cooler air that burns easier or the short ram intake which will allow your engine to get a higher volume of air so that there is more to burn. Because we have them all it’s never been easier to get just the right performance improvements to suit your driving style!
- Injen® SP Series Cold Air Intake SystemSP Series Cold Air Intake System by Injen®. The SP Series Cold Air Intake System is made for the enthusiast who wants maximum horsepower from a tuned cold air intake system. This cold air system positions a high-flow air filter...$178.60 - $600.40
- AEM® Cold Air Intake SystemCold Air Intake System by AEM®. To deliver cooler air to the engine, this air intake system places the air filter outside the engine compartment. Cooler air is denser than warm air and so contains more oxygen, which results in...$133.99 - $464.99
- K&N® 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit by K&N®. Improve airflow and increase horsepower on your vehicle. This intake kit is available in various finishes and configurations. It replaces the factory air intake system with a free...$129.99 - $540.99
- HPS® Short Ram Air IntakeShort Ram Air Intake by HPS®. Built for superior performance, this product is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system intended to fit most sport compact performance vehicles. The intake has been tested on a...$133.00 - $228.00
- Weapon-R® Dragon Air Intake SystemDragon Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. Increased airflow and air volume into your engine results in more horsepower and torque. The Dragon Air Intake System is designed to maximize airflow and engine performance. 50-States Street...$51.00 - $293.25
- Injen® RD Series Cold Air Intake SystemRD Series Cold Air Intake System by Injen®. The RD Series is made for the enthusiast who wants improved mid-range power. This cold air system positions a high-flow air filter behind the bumper, where it can take in cooler, denser...$245.86 - $312.64
- Weapon-R® Neo-Ti Intake ManifoldNeo-Titanium Finish Race Sheet Metal Intake Manifold by Weapon-R®. Increase airflow between the throttle body and cylinder head. Installing this intake manifold will result in a big horsepower increase.$641.75
- AEM® Short Ram Air Intake SystemShort Ram Air Intake System by AEM®. This system is an economical alternative to AEM's Cold Air Intake system. The Short Ram system installs easily under the hood, and on some applications outperforms the longer cold air design.$91.99 - $362.99
- Weapon-R® Secret Weapon Air Intake SystemSecret Weapon Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. The Secret Weapon Air Intake System uses patented technology to feed the engine 3 times as much air as other systems. As a result, engine performance is increased more than with any...$169.15 - $378.25
- DC Sports® Cold Air Intake SystemCold Air Intake System by DC Sports®. DC Sports Air Intake Systems provide the best of both worlds in heat protection and improved breathability. Every kit includes a air filter that requires no oil, therefore no chance in...$135.56 - $265.77
- K&N® 33 Series Panel Air Filter33 Series Air Filter by K&N®. A K&N 33 series OE replacement air filter is designed to increase horsepower and acceleration. These washable and reusable panel air filters are easy to install because they fit directly into the...$34.99 - $92.99
- aFe® Pro Dry S Air FilterPro Dry S Air Filter by aFe®. The Pro DRY S is the perfect combination of performance, protection and convenience. When you want increased airflow with superior filtration, but ease of maintenance is a high priority, look no...$49.95 - $919.84
- K&N® E Series Round Air FilterE Series Air Filter by K&N®. K&N E Series round automotive air filters are designed to replace your restricted factory air filter for additional horsepower and performance. These filters are washable, reusable and last up to 50,000...$28.99 - $356.99
- GREEN FILTER® Factory Replacement Air FilterFactory Replacement Air Filter by Green Filter®. Replace your factory air cleaner filter element with a Green Filter oiled-cotton filter and never buy another filter as long as you own your vehicle. Enjoy superior flow and finer...$25.55 - $115.31
- aFe® Pro 5R Air FilterPro 5R Air Filter by aFe®. The Pro 5R air filter provides increased airflow to your engine without sacrificing filtration ability. The increased airflow allows your engine to make more power, and have better throttle response and...$46.95 - $199.95
Guides & Articles
- Performance PartsMy Car is Brand New | Why Should I Change My Air Intake System?Aftermarket air intake systems have become one of the most popular engine modifications available for late model cars and trucks. An easy question to ask is why are these so popular? After all, didn't engineers who work for your vehicle manufacturer spend years developing the best engine components available? Since power and fuel economy are major selling points these days, it's hard to imagine car companies not doing everything they can to maximize horsepower, miles per gallon, or both.
- Performance PartsWhat are the Different Types of Air Intake Systems?There are many types of aftermarket air intake systems that range from simple and inexpensive to elaborate. In the scope of this article, we'll examine the different types of air intakes, what they do, and look at a few specific product examples of each. But in short, performance air intake setups increase airflow into your engine - boosting combustion and creating more horsepower and torque that you can actually feel. Their relatively low cost and easy installation (bolt-on in most cases) keeps them in popular demand by car enthusiasts that own everything from 1.5-liter turbo motors to big block V8 engines.
- Performance PartsWhy does my car have a plastic intake manifold?An intake manifold is an integrated assembly that sits atop the engine, consisting of a series of tubes which distribute fresh outside air to each and every cylinder. On V-shaped engine blocks, an intake manifold typically sits between the two cylinder banks while inline engines may feature a manifold to the side of the cylinder head. Intake manifolds serve as a mounting point for carburetors, throttle body assemblies, fuel injectors, thermostats, and more depending on vehicle manufacturer engineering preferences. Intake manifolds may also serve to route coolant through dedicated channels in order to remove heat from the engine. Because of their location and functionality, intake manifold assemblies are under constant stress from engine vacuum pressure as well as direct heat from coolant, cylinder combustion gasses, and the cylinder heads to which they are mounted.
- Performance PartsThe Real Cost of Your Car’s Cheap Factory Air FilterMost aftermarket air filters are constructed from multiple layers of cotton gauze, which are sandwiched between wire mesh that is formed into pleats. The layers of oiled cotton fibers are able to trap dirt particles that are even smaller than the holes in the filter media. The airflow stays consistent between cleanings, for optimal combustion.
- Centric® Premium Brake Master Cylinder$65.45 - $67.14
- Walker® Direct Fit Catalytic Converter$270.20 - $429.05
Mazda 6 Performance Air Intake Systems Reviews
- Related Mazda 6 Pages
- Popular 6 Part Numbers
- AEM® 22-483R - Red Short Ram Air Intake System
- AEM® 22-484B - Blue Short Ram Air Intake System
- Weapon-R® 802-134-101 - Dragon Air Intake System (Polished Pipe, Gunmetal Filter Cage and Black Foam)
- Weapon-R® 802-126-101 - Dragon Air Intake System (Polished Pipe, Gunmetal Filter Cage and Black Foam, V6)
- Weapon-R® 302-127-101 - Secret Weapon Air Intake System (L4)
- K&N® 69-6025TS - 69 Series Typhoon Silver Complete Cold Air Intake Kit
- Injen® RD6070P - RD Series Cold Air Intake System (3.0L V6, Polished)
- Injen® RD6070BLK - RD Series Cold Air Intake System (3.0L V6, Black)
- Injen® SP6069P - SP Series Cold Air Intake System (Polished)
- Injen® SP6073BLK - SP Series Cold Air Intake System
- Mazda 6 Models
- 6 GS Performance Air Intake Systems
- 6 GT Performance Air Intake Systems
- 6 GX Performance Air Intake Systems
- 6 Grand Touring Performance Air Intake Systems
- 6 Mazdaspeed Performance Air Intake Systems
- 6 S Performance Air Intake Systems
- 6 Sport Performance Air Intake Systems
- 6 Touring Performance Air Intake Systems
- 6 i Performance Air Intake Systems