Volvo S80 Accessories & Parts
- Starting & Charging
- Suspension Parts
- Brake Parts
- Engine Parts
- Exhaust Parts
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel Delivery
- Steering Parts
- Driveline & Axles
- Electrical Parts
- A/C and Heating
- Transmission Parts
- Ignition Parts
- Emission Control
- Air Intake Parts
- Oils, Fluids, Lubricants
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Auto Detailing
- Automotive Tools
The Volvo S80 front wheel drive executive sedan was released in 1998, replacing the rear-wheel drive Volvo 960/S90 saloons. Known to be one of the first Volvo models to depart from the boxy style, this model was notable for the variety of distinctive innovations. Distinct beltlines, taillights going narrow up, curves replacing the linear design - these points in the design of Volvo S80 have set design milestones for the future models, including the S60 and S40 saloons. This car was modern by all means, featuring the multiplex can-bus wiring and over 40 onboard computers (including at least one in every door). The Volvo S80 was built with an environmental specification, covering aspects such as allergens from textiles and fuel economy and the life cycle of the car from production to dismantling. This car featured sporty spirit and drivability, combined with European comfort and ultra-high safety standards. The first generation S80 was built on Ford D3 platform (named P2 at Volvo), Ford’s global full-size car automobile platform. It was designed by Volvo before the Ford's purchase of the company and debuted with the Volvo S80 sedan in early 1999, so Ford's D3 platform is slightly different from Volvo's original P2. For example, D3 features steel suspension arms, rather than aluminum, and other material and cost-saving measures.
Loaded with the freshest security and safety systems to ensure the maximum protection for all passengers, Volvo S80 included SIPS and WHIPS protection systems. The Curtain airbags became standard for the 1999 Volvo S80 sedan as a part of SIPS, while the WHIPS equipped seats were designed so that the seatback would move together with the occupant in a way that is similar to catching a ball gently, while the head restraint remains rigid to support the neck. Among other amenities was a fully integrated GSM phone with both hands free function and a lift-up handset. The first generation S80 was one of the first modern cars to fit in the straight-six engine transversively under the hood. Volvo developed the special ultra-small transmission, the M65. The S80 was initially available with four different engines: a detuned 2.4 litre (141 PS; 139 bhp) five-cylinder, also available as CNG and LPG version; the2.9 litre (196 PS; 193 bhp) six-cylinder; the 200 kilowatts (272 PS; 268 bhp) T6, and the 103 kilowatts (140 PS; 138 bhp) 2.5 litre Volkswagen-sourced Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI) diesel engine. The 149 kilowatts (203 PS; 200 bhp) 2.5T engine was added in the year 2000. In 2003-2004 the first generation S80 had a redesign of front grille styling – vertical metallic pattern was changed to gray plastic brick-wall pattern.
The second generation of the Volvo S80 was unveiled February, the 28th at the Geneva Motor Show and the sales started in June 2006. The new engines were added: the transversely fitted compact 4.4L V8 outputting 315 PS (311 hp) and 325 ft·lbf of torque, and 3.2L Inline-six engine. The V8 was collectively developed by Skövde (Volvo engine unit) and Yamaha, and built by Yamaha of Japan. This engine premiered with the Volvo XC90 and features four catalytic converters and advanced electronics which make it one of the cleanest V8 engines on the market today. The exterior was redesigned, following the trends that appeared in S60 and S40 redesigns earlier. High-strength boron steel was used for the car body improving on safety. The interior also changed, delivering more comfort and keeping up with latest demands and standards of luxury sedans. The second generation S80 scored IIHS 2007 Top Safety Pick Award in overall safety protection and IIHS 2008 Top Safety Pick Award with perfect scores for frontal, side, and rear impacts. The new model was built on the Ford EUCD platform (called P24 by Volvo), using more high tech parts and more expensive underpinnings. Among other amenities and safety features are Volvo's Personal Car Communicator (PCC) remote control that reports on variety of safety factors for the parked car, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) for the mirrors, Adaptive cruise control (ACC) with Collision Warning and Brake Support (CWBS), Active Bi-Xenon Lights and much more. The model was face-lifted in 2010 with extra chrome trim, longer and wider stance, two choices of chassis (sport and comfort), optional R-design to add a sporty look to interior and newer engines: five-cylinder 2.4L D5 twin-turbo diesel, 2.4L diesel, or 1.6L diesel; also 2.5T and 2.5FT were fine-tuned for more power and lower consumption.
Aided by a roomy cabin and decent "giddyup" on the highway, the Volvo S80 is one car drivers have remained loyal to. In an age when everyone wants their vehicles to come in neat packages, the Volvo S80 delivers thanks to top-quality interior design, reliable Volvo parts recognized all over the world along with reliable efficiency in all driving conditions. The only trick is figuring out your sense of style and how it applies to your car. When it comes to Volvo S80 Accessories, this is where the fun begins.
CARiD.com carries a complete lineup of Volvo S80 Accessories and Parts. Anything you need to inject fashion, comfort, or protection is available in our selection from the finest manufacturers in the game. Wood dash kits, spoilers, floor mats, wheels, grille guards, and more Volvo parts are here waiting for your discovery. Plus, all of our Volvo S80 Accessories and parts are guaranteed to provide a precise OEM fit along with uncompromising durability. If you want to drive with an air of personal style, this is where to do it!
Whatever you expect from your Volvo S80, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Volvo S80 and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- July 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...
- April 11, 2017The 6 Automotive Chemicals You Should Have In...There's the old joke that says you only need two things in your tool box, duct tape and spray lube. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and...
- March 17, 2017The Best Flooring Options For Your Garage FloorIf you're fortunate enough to have a garage for storing your favorite vehicles, you have a space that's filled with potential. Sure, the walls of your garage may be...
- March 16, 2017The Surprising Health Benefits Of Anti-Fatigue...If you've ever worked on your feet all day, you already know the human body is not designed to stand on hard, unyielding surfaces for sustained periods of time....
- January 31, 2017Which Are The Best Under-$200 Tool Sets For My...Today's automobiles have gotten so complex that seasoned mechanics say that instead of their trusty hand tools, they only need a laptop computer to perform repairs. Of...
- May 06, 2016Lift Your Car Easily And Safely With A Quality...When working as a do-it-yourselfer (DIY), whether you're a beginner or an expert, having the right equipment to get your vehicle off the ground is a starting point for...
- May 04, 2016Portable Generators: Superstorm Salvation For...With storms and weather events that intensify with every passing year, power outages lasting for extended periods of time have become commonplace - a problem that's...
- May 03, 2016Lifts & Ramps Safely Bring Your Vehicle Up To...The odds are that if you clicked on this article to read it, then you appreciate the idea of working on your own car. Perhaps when you pass by a professional garage or...
- October 09, 2015What Special Tools Are Available For Suspension...Seasoned professional automotive technicians often say if you're using too much physical effort during a repair, you're simply not using the right tool. This is true,...
- April 21, 2015Suspension Enhancements Will Raise The Rear Of...If you are using your "daily driver" car or truck for occasional towing duty, you are looking for that ideal sweet spot where the weekday commute is comfortable and...
- February 10, 2015Safety Equipment Protects You As You WorkIf you have been around automobiles as long as we have, you have clearly seen the trend over the past few decades toward greater vehicle safety. Some of us at CARiD...