Volvo S40 Accessories & Parts
- Custom Grilles
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Fender Flares
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Vertical Doors
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Armor & Protection
- Car Tents
- Snow Plows
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
The first generation Volvo compact executive cars arrived in 1995, which were first stated as S4/F4 series, but then renamed to S40 (sedan) and V40 (5-door station wagon) due to Audi reservation of the “S4” name and Ferrari's F40. Volvo S40 was the first one to represent new design direction with softer lines. It is also the lowest emitting car in its class. The model's predecessor is Volvo 440, a 5-door hatchback. The 40 Series cars were equipped with 1,9T engine and 5 Speed automatic transmission. Based on the same platform as Mitsubishi Carisma, the 40 Series cars were updated in 2001. Its turbocharged engine has an output of 162 horsepower at 5,100 revolutions per minute and a maximum torque of 177 foot-pounds at 1,800 to 4,800 rpm.
For its first generation, Volvo S40 presented a compact package, measuring in with a wheelbase of 8 feet, 9 inches and overall length of 14 feet, 10 inches. Volvo S40 and Volvo V40 boast an absolutely new standard for medium-segment cars, which is side airbags. Also significant changes were made, which are added safety features, larger brake discs, thoroughly developed engine management, updated front suspension and steering, improved rear suspension, larger tires and increased track width. As for safety factor, the model is actually the safest in its class. The anti-spin system, DSA (Dynamic Stability Assistance) provides the outstanding driving safety. Automatic climate control and keyless entry, leather seats, and AM/FM radio were standard for this model.
The second generation Volvo S40 premiered at Frankfurt Motor Show in 2003 and it featured modernly and elegantly styled Volvo parts. It quickly made an impression, when it went on sale in 2004. 19,419 units were sold during the first year the updated model arrived. Replacing two old Volvos, S40 and V50 are based on the Volvo P1 platform. The new model has a longer wheelbase than the previous one for a smoother ride. The new model features automatic, front-wheel drive T5 (base) and R-Design trims. In 2008 the S40 was again refreshed. Audio systems were refreshed, storage space was increased and the new Emergency Brake Lights safety feature appeared. New Volvo S40 wouldn't be a Volvo without improvements on safety factor, such as BLIS (Blind Spot Information System). The Interior Air Quality System keeps the interior climate clean and healthy.
The S40 unveils a heaping dose of compact excitement to the Volvo name, helping establish the brand as a figure in a segment it has long strayed away from. The S40 has impressed upon its arrival, thanks to an elevated form of style that many did not see coming. Featuring auto parts with the articulate design and seductive shape, the S40 has all of the presence of a show-stopper. Sure, it has Volvo's signature safety reinforcements and premium performance, and it even hints at luxury with its comfy interior and tech-advanced dash. But overall, it's a fashionably conscious model with lots of fans.
CARiD's job is to put our drivers in touch with Volvo S40 Accessories that deliver the effect they're going for. Whether you're after sporty luxury, sizzling style, or improved protection, our inventory of Volvo S40 Accessories and Parts covers all the bases. Choose from a long line of offered accessories including chrome trim, spoilers, floor mats, wheels, grille guards, and more. Plus, all of our Volvo S40 Accessories and parts come from the world's most respected names to guarantee the highest level of quality possible. Intrigued? Click on your Model Year above to discover the possibilities today!
Whatever you expect from your Volvo S40, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Volvo S40 and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by