Toyota Matrix Accessories & Parts
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by
- Spare Tire Covers & CarriersMay 16, 2017Four Great Reasons to Use a Spare Tire CoverSpare tire covers: You’ve seen them everywhere on the backs of Jeeps and SUVs, but maybe you’ve been hesitant about getting one for your own 4x4. In this article,...by
The Toyota Matrix debuted for the 2003 model year. It is classified as a compact hatchback/wagon and initially came equipped with a 1.8L four-cylinder engine capable of approximately 130 horsepower mated to a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic. The model was offered in three trim levels: base, XR. And XRS. The base and XR trims got the 130 hp engine while the XRS got a stronger 1.8L that delivered 180 horsepower directed through a six-speed manual transmission. For the XR, the Matrix was outfitted with the following parts: color-matched mirrors, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and options such as a body kit, sunroof, or 16" alloy wheels. The XRS took it a step further, showing off four-wheel disc brakes, antilock brakes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, 16" alloy wheels, and cruise control. The interior for all Matrix models featured 60/40 rear seats which folded flat to reveal more cargo area. The front passenger seat could fold flat, as well.
The second generation of the Toyota Matrix premiered for the 2009. Trim levels were changed to the base, S, and XRS. The base engine is a 1.8L four-cylinder that is capable of producing up to 132 horsepower geared to a five-speed manual transmission as standard. A four-speed automatic can also be had as an option. The S and XRS are both outfitted with a heftier 2.4L engine that is good for 158 horsepower mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission. However, all-wheel drive versions of the Matrix S use only a four-speed automatic transmission. As for safety features, all trims of the Matrix showcase side-torso airtbags, side-curtain airbags, antilock brakes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, and for 2010, Vehicle Stability Control.
As for the model's dimensions, the Toyota Matrix measures in with a wheelbase of 102.4 inches, a width of 69.5 inches, a height of 61 inches (all-wheel drive versions and the XRS are measured at 61.4 inches), and an overall length of 173 inches (all-wheel drive - 171.9 inches). Fuel capacity for the second generation of the Matrix is set at 13.2 gallons, which matches the previous generation. Since the Toyota Matrix first premiered, it has been a staunch competitor in its segment and for its efforts, has received recognition from around the industry. The Toyota Matrix has received numerous awards and honors. It has been a Consumer Guide Recommended Buy (2003, 2004), a Consumer Guide Best Buy (2005, 2006), and most recently, named a contender for Motor Trend magazine's prestigious Car of the Year Award (2009).
There are some cars that were designed with reliable auto parts in use to be efficient. And of course, there are others that are built strictly for utility. With the Toyota Matrix, drivers get the best of both worlds with a nice brushstroke of comfort thrown in. Where other wagons blend into each other, the Matrix stands out, showing off more options and style than any other in its class. Strong, compact, and ready to make an impression, it's easy to see why the Toyota Matrix still occupies center-stage.
CARiD.com welcomes you into a complete selection of Toyota Matrix Accessories and Parts. Anything you need to inject style, comfort, or added protection is right here and in the highest quality imaginable. Our entire lineup of Toyota Matrix accessories and parts comes straight to you courtesy of every major manufacturer, guaranteeing you of a precise OEM fit as well as limitless durability. We take Toyota Matrix accessories extremely seriously. Shouldn't you?
Toyota Matrix Accessories & Parts Reviews
2003 Toyota Matrix