- Walker® Quiet-Flow™ MufflerQuiet-Flow Muffler by Walker®. Together with delivering OE-style sound, the Quiet-Flow Muffler features 100% steel construction for maximum durability. This part is a perfect choice if you are looking for proper OE-quality...$29.28 - $654.91
- Walker® SoundFX™ Universal Fit MufflerSoundFX Universal Muffler Fit by Walker®. This muffler is the right choice if you opt for quality acoustics and performance. Walker offers 100% aluminized steel SoundFX Mufflers with direct fit and universal fit options available,...Designed to deliver ultimate performance and pleasing sound qualityMay require a few modifications to install$24.78 - $33.80
- Walker® ResonatorResonator by Walker®. If you want exhaust piping that delivers precise OE-style fit, appearance, and reliability, this part is your number one choice. Every pipe is vehicle-specific and is manufactured using precision benders to...$26.93 - $315.55
- Walker® Tru-Fit Universal Fit MufflerTru-Fit Universal Muffler by Walker®. The Tru-Fit Universal Muffler is designed to provide installers and DIY users with optimum performance and quality acoustics at an affordable price. This 100% aluminized steel muffler features...$2.79 - $34.68
- Bosal® MufflerMuffler by Bosal®. Bosal works closely with OEM's across the globe to develop customer tailored solutions. With a focus on every aspect of the customer's needs, from product design to location of manufacture, Bosal's worldwide...Aluminized steel construction for maximum durabilityOne Piece interior to end cap construction to reduce flex and stand up to vehicle vibration$15.97 - $607.10
- Ansa® Muffler AssemblyThis premium part is essential for completing a professional exhaust installation. The key a well-functioning vehicle is about purchasing only premium quality parts and hardware. ANSA makes its products with utmost care to details,...Engineered to provide excellent exhaust system managementBuilt to the strict quality standards$9.38 - $480.55
- HJS® Exhaust MountExhaust Mount by HJS®. Is your car noisier these days? Can you smell exhaust fumes in the cabin? Exhaust system repairs should not be put off, both for safety and legal reasons, but before you waste your time and gas rushing out to...$1.54 - $121.89
- HJS® Exhaust GasketExhaust Gasket by HJS®. Is your car noisier these days? Can you smell exhaust fumes in the cabin? Exhaust system repairs should not be put off, both for safety and legal reasons, but before you waste your time and gas rushing out...$1.54 - $121.89
- Beck Arnley® Exhaust GasketExhaust Gasket by Beck Arnley®. For one hundred years, Beck/Arnley has been providing premium OE quality parts for vehicles. Beginning with motorcycle parts in 1914 and transitioning to import vehicles in the 1950’s, brand...OE quality products from top original equipmentTop quality materials$3.19 - $55.12
- AP Exhaust® Exhaust ClampThis superior product was carefully designed with key attention to detail and manufactured from high-grade materials to the strict standards of the highest quality. This AP Exhaust Technologies product ensures superior durability as...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$2.04 - $28.02
- Walker® Exhaust HangerExhaust Hanger by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories, you...$1.36 - $48.20
- Walker® Exhaust Rubber InsulatorExhaust Rubber Insulator by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker...$1.36 - $48.20
- Bosal® Exhaust Installation PartsExhaust Installation Parts by Bosal®. Bosal works closely with OEM's across the globe to develop customer tailored solutions. With a focus on every aspect of the customer's needs, from product design to location of manufacture,...Engineered to provide excellent exhaust system managementBuilt to OEM specifications$0.30 - $16.20
- Crown® Exhaust ClampExhaust Clamp by Crown®. Crown Automotive is just the ticket if you want to get the most out of your vehicle as well as revel in a more exciting driving experience. You will surely get a real bang for the buck!Developed to improve your driving experienceConstructed to ensure ultimate operation$1.93 - $2.09
- Skunk2® MegaPower™ MufflerMegaPower™ Muffler by Skunk2®. Skunk2 muffler is designed to maximize exhaust flow and power. Each muffler by Skunk2 is constructed from T-304 stainless steel and TIG welded to accurately fit other exhaust components. The muffler...Increases performance by maximizing power and flowConstructed from T-304 stainless steel$162.99
The Scion muffler consists of metal plates and tubes with multiple holes in them. Between the tubes, there are chambers that cancel out the unwanted frequencies and suppress the annoying noise. Once the sound waves and exhaust gases move into the muffler through the center tube, they bounce off the back wall of the unit and then come back out into the main body. That creates waves that have the opposite amplitude, which makes them cancel each other out.
The chamber where the process of wave collision occurs is called the resonator. Its size is precisely calculated so that the process runs smoothly. The principle that the device works on is pretty simple. When the high-pressure sound wave that is coming out from the first chamber meets the reflected low-pressure wave, they cancel each other out because the two waves add up to zero. That's the way the muffler reduces that tremendous amount of noise produced by the engine.
Another important characteristic of the muffler is that its body is constructed in three layers: two thin metal layers with a thicker insulated layer between them. Such a structure allows the unit to absorb some of the pressure pulses. The muffler itself is manufactured from sturdy materials such as stainless steel and aluminum-coated steel. That ensures the part to function for a long period of time. And the better your muffler operates, the greater performance your vehicle offers.