Nissan Patrol Accessories & Parts
- Power Tools
- Hand Tools
- Automotive Tools
- Air Tools & Compressors
- Hydraulic Tools & Equipment
- Storage & Organizers
- Garage Accessories
- Outdoor Tools & Equipment
- Auto Detailing
- Automotive Chemicals
- Shop Supplies & Consumables
- Drilling & Milling Bits
- Work Lights
- Clothing & Work Wear
- Safety Equipment
The concept of a compact, versatile vehicle was created out of necessity during the Second World War. The U.S. Government identified the need for a lightweight, yet robust four-wheel-drive vehicle that could be used for carrying personnel/cargo under a variety of road conditions. The answer to the requirements was the Willys MB Jeep, the conceptual ancestor of just about all subsequent four-wheel drive light motor vehicles. After the Second World War, the usefulness of Jeep-type vehicles was high, so several Japanese manufacturers decided to build something with similar abilities. In 1951, motor companies were offered to build a Jeep-type vehicle for use by the Japanese National Police Reserve. That's when the first generation Nissan Patrol (also known as the 4W60) saw the world. The second generation Patrol called the Patrol 60 was in production since 1959. There were more than 2,600 Patrols imported to the United States market between 1961 and 1969.
Although the Patrol was quite similar to the Willys MB Jeep, it was far from being its copy. The Nissan was powered by a water cooled 3670 cc 6-cylinder side valve NT85 engine producing 85 hp. The 4W60 was longer, wider, and heavier than the Jeep. The 4W60 had four seats and a minimum ground clearance of 210 mm. It was also significantly faster than the Jeep. In the late fifties Nissan redesigned the 4W60, so the new model (known as the 60 Series) with the completely different body incorporated a larger cargo space, power was transmitted via a three-speed gearbox, the suspension setup contributed to a good level of ride comfort and refinement, whether on or off the road.
The 4WD Nissan Patrol 60 series was available in short, medium and long wheel-base versions. It first came with a three-speed and later with a four-speed manual transmission, two-speed transfer case with part-time four-wheel drive. With two doors in front and one at the back and four seats (driver, and companion in front, two parallel back seats), the extra long wheelbase version (known as the H60) offered space for up to eight passengers.
The Nissan Patrol has always been the respected off-road vehicle that makes its presence known with authority. While others try to keep up in this segment, the Nissan Patrol always moves forward and is still one of the most popular vehicles in the Nissan line-up. Durability and reliable performance are two reasonable explanations why this vehicle has such a long history. After several modifications the reputation and legacy of the vehicle has grown even stronger. After all those years the Nissan Patrol keeps making drivers happy.
Every driver wants the best for their vehicle, that is why our selection of parts and accessories comes from leading manufacturers for your ultimate satisfaction. CARiD.com, carries a full range of automotive products including performance parts, interior and exterior accessories, wheels and tires, auto repair parts, and more. Give your Nissan Patrol the maintenance it deserves with parts and accessories from our virtual shelves.
Whatever you expect from your Nissan Patrol, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Nissan Patrol and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by
- $38.16 - $48.96
- $5.49 - $46.58
- $24.34 - $24.92