Nissan Patrol Accessories & Parts
- Starting & Charging
- Suspension Parts
- Brake Parts
- Engine Parts
- Exhaust Parts
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel Delivery
- Steering Parts
- Driveline & Axles
- A/C and Heating
- Transmission Parts
- Ignition Parts
- Air Intake Parts
- Oils, Fluids, Lubricants
- Replacement Electrical Parts
- Replacement Emission Control Parts
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Auto Detailing
- Automotive Tools
The concept of a compact, versatile vehicle was created out of necessity during the Second World War. The U.S. Government identified the need for a lightweight, yet robust four-wheel-drive vehicle that could be used for carrying personnel/cargo under a variety of road conditions. The answer to the requirements was the Willys MB Jeep, the conceptual ancestor of just about all subsequent four-wheel drive light motor vehicles. After the Second World War, the usefulness of Jeep-type vehicles was high, so several Japanese manufacturers decided to build something with similar abilities. In 1951, motor companies were offered to build a Jeep-type vehicle for use by the Japanese National Police Reserve. That's when the first generation Nissan Patrol (also known as the 4W60) saw the world. The second generation Patrol called the Patrol 60 was in production since 1959. There were more than 2,600 Patrols imported to the United States market between 1961 and 1969.
Although the Patrol was quite similar to the Willys MB Jeep, it was far from being its copy. The Nissan was powered by a water cooled 3670 cc 6-cylinder side valve NT85 engine producing 85 hp. The 4W60 was longer, wider, and heavier than the Jeep. The 4W60 had four seats and a minimum ground clearance of 210 mm. It was also significantly faster than the Jeep. In the late fifties Nissan redesigned the 4W60, so the new model (known as the 60 Series) with the completely different body incorporated a larger cargo space, power was transmitted via a three-speed gearbox, the suspension setup contributed to a good level of ride comfort and refinement, whether on or off the road.
The 4WD Nissan Patrol 60 series was available in short, medium and long wheel-base versions. It first came with a three-speed and later with a four-speed manual transmission, two-speed transfer case with part-time four-wheel drive. With two doors in front and one at the back and four seats (driver, and companion in front, two parallel back seats), the extra long wheelbase version (known as the H60) offered space for up to eight passengers.
The Nissan Patrol has always been the respected off-road vehicle that makes its presence known with authority. While others try to keep up in this segment, the Nissan Patrol always moves forward and is still one of the most popular vehicles in the Nissan line-up. Durability and reliable performance are two reasonable explanations why this vehicle has such a long history. After several modifications the reputation and legacy of the vehicle has grown even stronger. After all those years the Nissan Patrol keeps making drivers happy.
Every driver wants the best for their vehicle, that is why our selection of parts and accessories comes from leading manufacturers for your ultimate satisfaction. CARiD.com, carries a full range of automotive products including performance parts, interior and exterior accessories, wheels and tires, auto repair parts, and more. Give your Nissan Patrol the maintenance it deserves with parts and accessories from our virtual shelves.
Whatever you expect from your Nissan Patrol, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Nissan Patrol and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- August 07, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Tires?Tires exist for every variation of automotive use imaginable. For example, there are tires tailored to everyday passenger car use, racing, off-roading, commercial...
- July 05, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Shock Absorbers?Shock absorbers are suspension components that dampen and halt the up-and-down movement of your vehicle`s springs. If these control devices weren`t part of the...
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It`s how you feel what`s happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 15, 2018Shopping Guide - Custom & Factory HeadlightsIf the front of your vehicle is its "face", then the headlamps are its "eyes". Everyone notices them. One of the most distinctive changes you can make to the face of...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- May 22, 2017High-End Audio Demands Its Own Battery SourceWhen you`re driving and headlights start to dim because a high-powered stereo is cranking, that means the deep bass you hear is causing total vehicle electrical draw...
- July 03, 2012Custom Wheels 101If you`re considering upgrading your car or truck with larger custom wheels or OEM factory wheels, you`ve come to the right place. We’ve got lots of stylish wheels...