- (21)Complete SystemsMercury Cougar
- (413)HeadersMercury Cougar
- (212)Catalytic ConvertersMercury Cougar
- (297)MufflersMercury Cougar
- (1)Exhaust StacksMercury Cougar
- (146)Exhaust TipsMercury Cougar
- (350)Exhaust PipesMercury Cougar
- (456)Clamps, Hangers, GasketsMercury Cougar
- (844)Emission ControlMercury Cougar
- (148)Performance ChipsMercury Cougar
The Mercury Cougar is a powerful driving machine. Just like its namesake in the jungle, it exhibits dexterity and power in performance. It’s powered by a choice of two engines; 2.5L V6 engine or the 2.0L 4 cylinder engine. By all standards the Mercury Cougar has an impressive performance. But if you have a craving for the best then you need to replace the stock exhaust system with a performance exhaust system from CARiD. Aftermarket exhaust systems enhance the performance of your vehicle by reducing back pressure, hastening the evacuation of exhaust gases from the cylinders and facilitating rapid inflow of fresh air. Payback comes in the form of greater power, fuel economy and huge sound. Increased velocity in the evacuation process has the effect of producing more horsepower and torque by a significant 10%. Faster acceleration becomes a reality for you. Peak performance becomes an achievable goal.
You also get to benefit from a vehicle consuming less fuel than before. You will notice your car covering greater distances on less fuel. The great sound that comes with an aftermarket Mercury Cougar exhaust system will certainly move you. It’s an instant head turner and a major boost to your ego. Moreover, the deep smooth tone can be customized to suit your taste, subject to legal restrictions of course. The sound produced is not a temporary arrangement. The materials used are tightly arranged to ensure no sound degradation takes place. In addition to this, you get a product that is ultra resistant to corrosion. Such high quality is achieved through the use of austenitic stainless steel, a hardened material that does not succumb to rusting. Installation is also fairly easy. The aftermarket exhaust system comes with everything required for a successful installation including an instruction manual.
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter will directly replace the factory unit, with little or...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$202.84 - $1,748.68
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Catalytic Converter with HeaderDirect Fit Catalytic Converter with Header by MagnaFlow®. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter is part of the exhaust header/manifold...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$376.27 - $1,022.71
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Pre-OBDII Catalytic Converter with HeaderDirect Fit Pre-OBDII Driver Side Catalytic Converter with Header by MagnaFlow®. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter is part of the exhaust...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$238.99 - $796.77
- DynoMax® Super Turbo™ MufflerSuper Turbo™ Muffler by DynoMax®. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow tone without annoying interior resonance, with this Super Turbo Muffler. Its patented flow directors and...Constructed to increase horsepower and torque thanks to improved exhaust flowAluminized steel Super Turbo muffler maintains a mellow performance tone$48.27 - $175.03
- MagnaFlow® Direct Fit Header with Catalytic ConverterDirect Fit Header with Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. If your cat needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check and give you more horsepower. This converter is part of the exhaust header/manifold...Reduces harmful emissionsIncreases exhaust flow compared to original factory converter$376.27 - $1,022.71
- Banks® Stinger™ Exhaust SystemStinger™ Exhaust System by Banks®. With its engineered exhaust, intake and fuel management upgrades, economical Stinger adds impressive power, efficiency and durability—and sounds great doing it! The Banks Power Dual Exhaust...Increased Horsepower Performance: Up to 75 hpIncreased Torque Performance: Up to 135 ft. lbs.$388.80 - $2,441.07
- Banks® PowerPack™ Exhaust SystemPowerPack™ Exhaust System by Banks®. Improve performance and economy with a Banks Monster Exhaust system. Increased pipe size is only part of it. Banks uses constant-diameter mandrel bending to keep their stainless steel pipes...Increased Horsepower Performance: Up to 100 hpIncreased Torque Performance: Up to 175 ft. lbs.$1,341.54 - $2,798.00
- Flowtech® Performance Long Tube HeaderPerformance Long Tube Header by Flowtech®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Flowtech Exhausts will...Mandrel-formed Power Plenum collectors for low backpressureConstructed of .060 cold roll flash mild steel tubing$146.95 - $1,009.95
- Hooker® Competition™ Full Length Performance HeaderCompetition Full Length Performance Header by Hooker®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Hooker...Mandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flowLight weight & sturdy 16 gauge tubing$188.95 - $626.95
- Hooker® Super Competition™ Full Length Performance HeaderSuper Competition Full Length Performance Header by Hooker®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by...Tuned-length primary tubes for maximum exhaust scavenging and velocityMandrel-bent tubing for smooth exhaust flow$496.95 - $1,067.95
- Doug's Headers® Tri Y HeaderTri Y Header by Doug Headers®. Steel SAP Tri-Y Header by Doug's Headers®. Port Shape: SAP. Collector: 3". Primary Tube: 1 3/4 - 2". Pair. 1-3/4" 3". Doug's headers are carefully developed on the vehicles they are intended to fit...Designed to boost your vehicle's performanceMade from high-quality materials$575.67 - $722.59
- Patriot Exhaust® Full-Length HeadersFull-Length Headers by Patriot Exhaust®. Collector Diameter: 3". Header made from Steel. Don't give up looking for headers for your vehicle. Patriot offers headers for many applications at prices you can afford. Built with surface...$174.14 - $460.96
- Patriot Exhaust® Clippster Mid-Length HeadersClippster Mid-Length Headers by Patriot Exhaust®. Collector Diameter: 3". Header made from Steel. Clippster style headers are perfect for grafting modern uni-body front clip suspensions to street rods, muscle cars and trucks....Designed to boost your vehicle's performanceMade from high-quality materials$166.40 - $364.19
- Schoenfeld Headers® Demolition Derby HeadersDemolition Derby Headers by Schoenfeld Headers®. This top-notch product by Schoenfeld Headers is made to give that extra boost that every driver appreciates. This product is designed with utmost care and meticulous attention to...Engineered to enhance your vehicle's performanceMade to stringent quality standards$106.43
- Schoenfeld Headers® IMCA Modified HeadersIMCA Modified Headers by Schoenfeld Headers®. Comes in a set. Includes Bolts, Studs, Gaskets. Header made from Steel. This top-notch product by Schoenfeld Headers is made to give that extra boost that every driver appreciates. This...Engineered to enhance your vehicle's performanceMade to stringent quality standards$131.00 - $319.37
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsHere's A "Tip": Exhaust Tips Are An Easy Way To Dress Up Your TailpipePerformance exhaust systems give you improvements in power output, sound levels, and appearance, all in one package. But let's face it: not everyone has the spare change to buy and bolt up one of these kits. So you soldier on with what you have. And that may be a tired-looking exhaust system that is still functional. You've spent all day washing and waxing the vehicle's paint and chrome to perfection, but no degree of elbow grease will make that tailpipe look better.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.
- Centric® C-Tek™ Ceramic Brake Pads$16.23 - $18.41
- KSport® SuperComp Cross Drilled Front Brake Kit$3,040.00 - $5,010.00