Mazda Protege Accessories & Parts
- Custom Grilles
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Fender Flares
- Bug Deflectors
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Vertical Doors
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Armor & Protection
- Car Tents
- Snow Plows
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
The Mazda Protege is a compact sedan that got its start in the 1969s as the 800 (and 1000, respectively) before becoming dubbed the Familia. It kept a reputation as an economical, fashionable choice for younger car buyers, although the car's demographic stretched across various age groups. Throughout the '70s, Mazda gave the model an assortment of inline four-cylinder engines while the name of the vehicle evolved from the 1000 to the 1200 and 1300 before being labeled as the 808, Mizer, and later, the GLC. In fact, this car did not become known as the Protege until the late 1980s. Offered as both a hatchback and sedan, the Mazda Protégé sported a front-engine, front-wheel drive layout with an inline four-cylinder motor mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic.
Second-generations of the Mazda Protege started making their way onto US dealer lots during the 1994 model year. There really wasn't too much of a change in direction for the model, as it was still offered as a hatchback and sedan. In the US, the four-door sedan was the main exported version and was outfitted with an inline four-cylinder engine directed through either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic. While the vehicle wasn't known for its horsepower, it did begin to establish itself as a reasonably-performing model for its class. For this generation, the Protege also featured an increase of smooth lines for the exterior parts, which gave off a more aerodynamic shape than previous years. However, a full redesign of Protege parts would not be ordered until the close of the decade.
The third generation (and ninth overall) of the Mazda Protege rolled off the line in mid-1998 for the 1999 model year. Five-door wagon models were known as the Protege5 in North America, but the body-styles offered from the previous generation were made available once again, as well. An inline four-cylinder engine was still the source of power, and like before, paired to either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive could also be had as an option. 2001 welcomed in an update, as the Mazda Protege parts were given an edgier, more aero-enthused exterior style, a stiffened suspension, and an upgraded premium audio system were also added to the model. This is also when the Protege MP3 premiered, showing off 17" Racing Hart wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, and a cat-back exhaust system. The MP3 was updated to become the Mazdaspeed Protege in 2003. It was equipped with a turbocharged engine, four-wheel disc brakes, and most of the same components as the previous MP3.
The Mazda Protege is one of the most featured models in popular (automotive) culture. An absolute favorite hook-up for many, the Protege has a lot going for it. A stellar reputation for embracing the personality of its drivers is what separates this street-icon from the pack. Everyone from performance tuners to mild-mannered family types have found the breezy performance and sharply-designed exterior equally attractive. Still going strong, this is one Mazda model that gets respect.
CARiD.com is famous for our commitment to providing the most styles along with the highest quality and our selection of Mazda Protege Accessories and Parts is no different. We showcase nothing but the finest options for your vehicle, starting with everything from grille guards and spoilers to floor mats and wheels. And since our Mazda Protege accessories and parts come from the most respected manufacturers in the game, you are guaranteed a perfect OEM fit along with relentless durability. Let your ride speak for itself - hook up with the Mazda Protégé accessories that do the talking!
Whatever you expect from your Mazda Protege, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Mazda Protege and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
- $59.40 - $62.67
- $98.10 - $143.10
- $265.00 - $289.00
- $181.44 - $192.00
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by