Drag Race Front and Rear Adjustable Coilovers by KSport®. Quantity: 4 per Pack. Includes: Front Camber Plates, Without Rear Camber Plates, P/U, ATM. The Ksport Version DR coilover system is specially engineered for drag racing applications. With proven performance on the drag strip, the Ksport Version DR system will reduce your E.T. and 60 ft times. The DR system is built on KSport race proven Version RR coilover, with internal changes to accommodate the rigors of drag racing. All Version DR drag racing coilovers will be custom valved for drag racing, with appropriate spring rates chosen to maximize traction and regulate weight transfer. As with all Ksport coilovers, the Version DR Drag Race coilover allows for 36 levels of damping adjustment, spring pre-load adjustment, and height adjustment without sacrificing shock travel. The electro-plated steel shock bodies resist rust and corrosion, and all mounts are constructed from 6061-T6 aluminum for superior strength.
- Single Adjustment.
- Front Damping Force Adjustment: Yes.
- Rear Damping Force Adjustment: Yes.
- Levels of Damping: 36 Levels.
- Front Upper Mount Type: Pillow Ball.
- Rear Upper Mount Type: AMT.
- Shock Absorber Design: Monotube.
- Shock Absorber Type: Gas Charged.
- W/O External Reservoir.
- Adjustable Front Camber Plates.
- Fixed Rear Camber Plates.
- Front Heighr Adjustment Type: Thread.
- Rear Height Adjustment Type: Thread.
- Front Spring Rate: 375 lbs/in (6.7 kg/mm).
- Rear Spring Rate: 403 lbs/in (7.2 kg/mm).
- Set of 4 coilovers designed for the rigors of road racing (not intended for normal everyday street use)
- Spring rates and shock valving specific for drag racing: Carefully chosen spring rates and shock valving to optimize weight transfer while launching. KSport designs each kit differently depending on if your car is FWD, RWD or AWD. Not intended for daily driving use.
- 36 way adjustable damping: All Ksport coilovers offer 36 levels of damping which allow you the ability to perfectly dial in your coilover system. Set damping to full soft for a nice comfortable cruising setting for normal driving.
- Collars and upper mounts made from 6061 aluminum with T6 for increased hardness: KSport spring perches, locking collars, top mounts and some lower mounts are made from high quality 6061 aluminum. Benefits include excellent strength and aluminum helps reduce weight.
- Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment: Some vehicles have a separate rear shock and spring. In the coilover industry brand calls this a “hi-low kit”. In this case you will have height adjustment via the spring perch and the lower mount of the shock. Vehicles with this type of set up can still go as low or lower than true coilovers.
- Adjustable lower mount allowing maximum suspension travel: Most of KSport coilovers feature the ability to adjust your ride height without affecting the shock and spring travel. This way you can set your desired ride height without having to worry about bottoming out the shock.
- Camber adjustment on many models: Many of KSport applications that have pillowball upper mounts also have camber adjustability. This is extremely helpful when you need to dial in your camber for vehicle alignment purposes. This also eliminates the need for a separate camber kit. NOTE: Camber adjustment is not available on all models with pillowball upper mounts.
- Pillowball top mount for increased steering feel: Many of KSport applications for vehicles with McPherson type suspension will have pillowball upper mounts. KSport patented new bearing design helps combat noise while turning unlike many other coilovers on the market. Steering feel and response is improved with pillowball upper mounts.
- Monotube high pressure design reduces oil leakage: All of KSport coilovers use Monotube shocks which dissipate heat better, allows finer damping adjustment and requires a more expensive design process compared to twin tube shocks.
- Electroplated body for added protection from corrosion and rust: To help prevent corrosion and rust from the elements of nature, all of KSport coilovers are electroplated with zinc. Brand also includes an anti-rust paste packet with KSport systems that can be applied to certain key areas of the coilover for added protection.
- Dust boot to protect damper seal: Dust boots are standard on all coilovers. Brand also integrates the bump stop inside the dust boot. This is more efficient and is less likely to crumble to pieces and deteriorate like other company’s designs.
- 12 month limited warranty: Version DR coilovers come standard with an 12 month warranty which covers manufacturer defects.
Most serious drag racers know how much grip can be gained at launch simply by proper weight positioning over the drive wheels. Whether you’ve got a rear- or front-wheel-drive vehicle, moving or keeping vehicle weight in the right spot lowers the chances of wheel spin and gets you moving out of the gate faster. For dragstrip-only vehicles not used on the street, KSport makes this process easy with the Drag Version Coilover Kit. For RWD applications, front coilovers supply a minimal amount of their resistance to shock absorber rebound and most of it to compression. That translates to virtually no upward resistance, so your vehicle’s front end rises up immediately to the fullest position at launch. It stays there longer, with high compression factor causing the front to drop extremely slowly as you make your way down the track. Weight is kept on rear drive wheels and spinout is minimized. Conversely, FWD applications are engineered in the opposite fashion to keep the front end down during launch. KSport also offers the Road Race Version Coilover Kit designed to offer consistent performance during racing where fast, sudden speed and directional changes are the norm. Aggressive spring rates, valving, and shorter shock stroke provide maximum firmness and minimal body roll to keep you in control no matter how tight the situation is.
Like all KSport coilovers, both kits offer a high level of flexibility. Adjustable lower mounts allow height changes at a point which does not reduce suspension travel. So it’s easy to race at a lowered ride height without you, your suspension components, or sensitive vehicle electronics taking a pounding. Both offer 36 levels of dampening adjustment when it comes to compression and rebound rates. KSport coilovers for McPherson strut applications feature an advanced upper pillow ball mount at the top. This mount gives you the rare ability to loosen and slide the top of your strut to adjust wheel camber – without requiring a separate spacer kit the way some coilovers do.
Mono-tube shock absorber elements feature hydraulic oil and nitrogen in separate chambers separated by a floating piston. Because there’s no aerating of fluid within the shock body, there is no wasted time adapting to irregular surfaces – a factor that creates optimum performance at any time. Mounts and most other components on the coilover are crafted from aircraft grade aluminum, giving them freedom from corrosion and extremely light weight. Heavy gauge steel shock absorber bodies are electroplated with zinc to resist corrosion. KSport proudly backs all coilover components against failure due to manufacturing defects for a period of 12 months.
Founded in 2003 in Arizona, KSport USA Suspension Company has risen to prominence by producing high-performance suspension and brake system upgrades that provide winning results without breaking apart or breaking your wallet. The consistent high level of sophistication and quality KSport bakes into every product has earned them respect among all classes of racetrack drivers across the globe. As a premiere worldwide producer respected throughout the industry today, KSport has been recognized with TUV/ISO 9001:2008 certification for best business practices. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of KSport coilovers, lowering springs, air suspension kits, control arms, brake upgrade packages, and much more designed to enhance performance and handling on the track and on the street.