Jaguar S-Type Accessories & Parts
The Jaguar S-Type was represented as a middle size executive car at the Birmingham Motor Show in 1998. The name S-Type was a revived name of the previous Jaguar model produced in 1963. The bodywork shared common features with the Jaguar Mark 2 produced in the above mentioned period. The Jaguar S-type was based on the DEW platform of Jaguar/Ford and manufactured in England. The first-generation models were produced in 1999-2002. In that period, the S-type shared Jaguar logo styling for the radiator grill and a U-shaped center console. The vehicle was powered with a 3.0-liter 6-cylinder engine producing 210 horsepower. The car was equipped with a rear-wheel drive that was available with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed ZF 6HP26 J-Gate Ford transmission. In 2002 the Jaguar lineup was enriched with a supercharged S-Type R model. It came with a new 4.2-liter 8-cylinder engine and could compete with the BMW's M5 and the Mercedes E55 AMG. Due to the Eaton M112 supercharger, the R model engine produced 400 horsepower and accelerated to 60 mph in 5.3 s.
The 2003 model demonstrated a more Jaguar-like appearance due to such Jaguar parts as a revised grill, instrument cluster and dash. Dimensions hadn't changed, but all S-Types featured new wheels and freshened interior accessories with curtain side airbags. The innovation was the electronic parking-brake paddle switch. The S-Type was offered with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic ZF6HP26 transmission. The base model was powered by the revised 3.0-liter 6-cylinder engine producing 235 horsepower versus 210 horsepower standard for the first models. All S-Types came with a returned suspension, antiskid system and four-wheel disc brakes. The 2.5-liter 6-cylinder engine was not available for versions exported to the United States. The 2004 model year came with redesigned Jaguar S-Type parts, including revamped front and rear aprons, modified grill and hood. The instruments and the center console were also redesigned. The vehicle was offered with a new 2.7-liter 6-cylinder diesel engine rating 207 horsepower. The new 6-speed manual transmission was introduced as well. Nevertheless, the 6-speed automatic transmission of the J-Gate type was also available.
In 2005 the S-Type styling featured the freshened front end and modified cabin trim. The 3.0-litre 6-cylinder engine came with an automatic transmission. The sedan was powered with a 4.2-liter engine rating 300 horsepower. The leather and wood interior accessories were standard for the sedan. The 16-inch wheels were replaced with 17-inch ones and they were also used for the 4.2 sedan. The supercharged R sedan was fitted with 18-inch wheels, 'R' badging on the boot lid and both front wings. The R also had the following Jaguar S-Type parts: a rear spoiler and the front apron with built-in fog-lamps. Its aluminum interior trim replaced the usual wood one. The automatically-adjusting sport suspension was available for both models. In 2007-2008 Jaguar S-Type models the previously optional accessories and features became standard: heated front seats and driver-seat memory, navigation system, telescopic steering column and power-adjustable pedals, voice activation of the phone, audio and climate functions. The aluminum interior decor was no longer available. The 2008 Jaguar S-Type was replaced with the 2009 Jaguar XF.
The S-Type is retro class and style that delivers. Zooming power offers that luxurious escape from the everyday that is often so crucial. It can be a cruiser that rides low-profile through the countryside or it can be missile that screams past your ears-it is entirely up to you. What isn't though is its seductive body-style that is equal parts elegance and sophistication that has helped propel the model to its unblemished reputation. Iconic, one-of-a-kind, and domineering, the S-Type is very much a fixture of contemporary power and elegance on today's roads.
CARiD.com knows it takes only authentic quality when it comes to Jaguar S-Type Accessories and Parts. That is precisely why we fill our inventory up with nothing but the finest Jaguar S-Type accessories and parts from the most respected manufacturers in the business. Take your pick of elegant wood dash kits, spoilers, floor mats, wheels, grille guards, and more to unlock the possibilities that await your luxurious cruiser. If you value the bold yet soothing presence of your car, Jaguar S-Type accessories from CARiD are always a worthy investment.
Whatever you expect from your Jaguar S-Type, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Jaguar S-Type and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by