- Walker® Quiet-Flow™ MufflerQuiet-Flow Muffler by Walker®. Together with delivering OE-style sound, the Quiet-Flow Muffler features 100% steel construction for maximum durability. This part is a perfect choice if you are looking for proper OE-quality...$29.28 - $654.91
- Walker® SoundFX™ Universal Fit MufflerSoundFX Universal Muffler Fit by Walker®. This muffler is the right choice if you opt for quality acoustics and performance. Walker offers 100% aluminized steel SoundFX Mufflers with direct fit and universal fit options available,...Designed to deliver ultimate performance and pleasing sound qualityMay require a few modifications to install$24.78 - $32.61
- Walker® ResonatorResonator by Walker®. If you want exhaust piping that delivers precise OE-style fit, appearance, and reliability, this part is your number one choice. Every pipe is vehicle-specific and is manufactured using precision benders to...$26.93 - $315.55
- Walker® Tru-Fit Universal Fit MufflerTru-Fit Universal Muffler by Walker®. The Tru-Fit Universal Muffler is designed to provide installers and DIY users with optimum performance and quality acoustics at an affordable price. This 100% aluminized steel muffler features...$2.79 - $33.35
- Walker® Hardware AccessoriesHardware Accessories by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories,...Makes installation quick and easyOptimal OE-style fit and quality$0.13 - $58.13
- AP Exhaust® Exhaust ClampThis superior product was carefully designed with key attention to detail and manufactured from high-grade materials to the strict standards of the highest quality. This AP Exhaust Technologies product ensures superior durability as...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$2.04 - $28.02
- AP Exhaust® Universal ClampsUniversal Clamps by AP Exhaust®. This superior product was carefully designed with key attention to detail and manufactured from high-grade materials to the strict standards of the highest quality. This AP Exhaust Technologies...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$1.60 - $83.44
- Walker® Exhaust HangerExhaust Hanger by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories, you...$1.32 - $48.20
- Walker® Exhaust Rubber InsulatorExhaust Rubber Insulator by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker...$1.32 - $48.20
- Bosal® Exhaust Installation PartsExhaust Installation Parts by Bosal®. Bosal works closely with OEM's across the globe to develop customer tailored solutions. With a focus on every aspect of the customer's needs, from product design to location of manufacture,...Engineered to provide excellent exhaust system managementBuilt to OEM specifications$0.30 - $16.20
- Crown® Exhaust ClampExhaust Clamp by Crown®. Crown Automotive is just the ticket if you want to get the most out of your vehicle as well as revel in a more exciting driving experience. You will surely get a real bang for the buck!Developed to improve your driving experienceConstructed to ensure ultimate operation$1.93 - $2.09
- Taylor Cable® HTR Collector GasketHTR Collector Gasket by Taylor Cable®. This products is an OEM and Performance company that was built on its founding heritage supported by a tradition of Legendary Quality. Designed utilizing the latest technology,perfect for your...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$17.10 - $21.54
- Borla® Crate MufflerStainless Steel Crate Muffler by Borla®. Muffler Body Material: Stainless Steel. Muffler Body Length: 14". Muffler Body Height: 4.35". Muffler Body Width: 9.1". Muffler Body Shape: Oval. Give your ride the sound it deserves!...Made of High Quality Stainless SteelAvailable in various sizes and sound levels$220.99 - $255.99
- MBRP® Installer Series MufflerInstaller Series Muffler by MBRP®. Short on space under your car for a muffler? A round muffler might just be the ticket to tuck in around a drive shaft or up near the cats. Choose whether you want a raspy, straight-through sort of...Round form factor for tight spots16GA aluminized steel$124.99 - $579.99
- DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Polished Stainless Steel MufflerUltra Flo™ Polished Stainless Steel Muffler by DynoMax®. This muffler packs straight-through design for unrestricted exhaust flow and a dyno-proven increase in power inside a polished stainless steel shell that delivers a show...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueEngineered to give your car a deep performance tone$71.00 - $340.72
The Hummer muffler consists of metal plates and tubes with multiple holes in them. Between the tubes, there are chambers that cancel out the unwanted frequencies and suppress the annoying noise. Once the sound waves and exhaust gases move into the muffler through the center tube, they bounce off the back wall of the unit and then come back out into the main body. That creates waves that have the opposite amplitude, which makes them cancel each other out.
The chamber where the process of wave collision occurs is called the resonator. Its size is precisely calculated so that the process runs smoothly. The principle that the device works on is pretty simple. When the high-pressure sound wave that is coming out from the first chamber meets the reflected low-pressure wave, they cancel each other out because the two waves add up to zero. That's the way the muffler reduces that tremendous amount of noise produced by the engine.
Another important characteristic of the muffler is that its body is constructed in three layers: two thin metal layers with a thicker insulated layer between them. Such a structure allows the unit to absorb some of the pressure pulses. The muffler itself is manufactured from sturdy materials such as stainless steel and aluminum-coated steel. That ensures the part to function for a long period of time. And the better your muffler operates, the greater performance your vehicle offers.