Ford Explorer Accessories & Parts
- Running Boards
- Custom Grilles
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Off-Road Bumpers
- Bed Accessories
- Grill Guards
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Fender Flares
- Bug Deflectors
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Vertical Doors
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Car Tents
- Snow Plows
- Spare Tire Covers & Carriers
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
Designated to take over for the Bronco II, the Ford Explorer ended up taking over the entire segment. The legendary SUV premiered in 1990 based on the Ranger with both a four-door and two-door body style. For the first generation, it was equipped with a 4.0L V6 engine capable of around 155 horsepower and came in two trim levels, the XLS and XLT. 1992 welcomed in the arrival of the Eddie Bauer edition, which featured a more upscale interior with the unique accessories and special badging but the Limited, which debuted for 1993, took it a step forward with such Ford Explorer parts as automatic headlights, fog lamps, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, and a front-end grille painted to match the vehicle's body. Horsepower was elevated slightly for the Eddie Bauer and Limited models, but not by much. Also in 1993, antilock brakes became standard on all versions of the Explorer. Another variant, the Explorer Sport, was offered in both rear- and four-wheel drive and was also marketed as the Mazda Navajo.
The second generation of the Ford Explorer rolled off the line for 1995. Trim levels were virtually the same, with the XL, XLT, Eddie Bauer, and Limited. The two-door Sport was also still available. Three engine configurations were offered. Standard was a 4.0L V6 similar to the first generation, which in 1997 was upgraded to an optional V6 with 210 horsepower or a 5.0L V8 capable of the same. Also in 1997, the Eddie Bauer and Limited models were equipped with all-wheel drive. In 2001, the Explorer Sport Trac was introduced, showing off a small truck bed matched to the four-door SUV body. In 2002, the Explorer parts were given a redesign, with Ford installing independent rear suspension and offering a 4.6L V8. A third row seat also was thrown into the mix, allowing for seven passengers. Several other updates to the Ford Explorer parts took place over the next few years, with another redesign of the accessories coming in 2006 that saw the addition of a heftier 24-valve V8.
More recently, the Explorer has been the beneficiary of added technology such as the Sync music interface and GPS navigation. The model has always been known as a strong seller, as it averaged over 345,000 units sold per year from 1999 to 2006 with the high being 445,157 in 2000. As for awards, the Ford Explorer has received its more than its fair share of industry praise. It has been a Consumer Guide Recommended Buy, Consumer Guide Best Buy, and an Automobile Magazine Reader's Choice All-Star (1998). The model was also named one of Motor Trend magazine's Top Ten Sport Utility Vehicles (1999) as well as an Edmunds.com Most Wanted SUV (2004) and MotorWeek's 2006 Drivers' Choice Award recipient.
When drivers need a no-nonsense, "go get 'em" SUV, the Ford Explorer is the vehicle that still commands attention. Burly yet smooth, the Ford Explorer is the rare type of vehicle that not only accommodates all of your transporting needs, but also looks pretty good doing it. Solid acceleration along with responsive handling makes driving this machine nice and easy, a fact not lost on all who own one. Simply put, this is the vehicle that remains at the top of the list.
CARiD.com showcases a full line of Ford Explorer Accessories and Parts for any driver who is enthusiastic about their vehicle. Whether you're on the hunt for sporty accents that drip with style or improved protection against the rigors of the road, our lineup of Ford Explorer accessories and parts is sure to have just what you need. Grilles, wheels, custom floor mats, wood dash kits, chrome trim, and more are highlighted right here daily at the best prices around. When the time comes to dress up your SUV, trust our inventory of Ford Explorer accessories to get it done. You'll also find anything you need for the repair or upgrade in our selection of Ford Explorer aftermarket parts.
Whatever you expect from your Ford Explorer, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Ford Explorer and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- August 07, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Tires?Tires exist for every variation of automotive use imaginable. For example, there are tires tailored to everyday passenger car use, racing, off-roading, commercial...
- July 05, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Shock Absorbers?Shock absorbers are suspension components that dampen and halt the up-and-down movement of your vehicle`s springs. If these control devices weren`t part of the...
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It`s how you feel what`s happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 15, 2018Shopping Guide - Custom & Factory HeadlightsIf the front of your vehicle is its "face", then the headlamps are its "eyes". Everyone notices them. One of the most distinctive changes you can make to the face of...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- May 22, 2017High-End Audio Demands Its Own Battery SourceWhen you`re driving and headlights start to dim because a high-powered stereo is cranking, that means the deep bass you hear is causing total vehicle electrical draw...
- July 03, 2012Custom Wheels 101If you`re considering upgrading your car or truck with larger custom wheels or OEM factory wheels, you`ve come to the right place. We’ve got lots of stylish wheels...