- Ansa® Muffler AssemblyThis premium part is essential for completing a professional exhaust installation. The key a well-functioning vehicle is about purchasing only premium quality parts and hardware. ANSA makes its products with utmost care to details,...Engineered to provide excellent exhaust system managementBuilt to the strict quality standards$9.38 - $480.55
- Ansa® Sport Series Muffler AssemblySport Series Muffler Assembly by Ansa®.Originally developed in Italy for the world’s fastest and most exotic sports cars, the product line was expanded to include coverage for once popular and now classic models like the BMW...Italian Designed and ManufacturedOriginally Designed for Ferrari Race Cars$103.13 - $2,996.03
- Bosal® MufflerUniversal Muffler by Bosal®. This product is engineered to meet OE specs to ensure precise, factory-like fit, maximum performance, and reliability. This part features a direct fit design allowing for ease of installation....Made of High Quality materialsPrecision-manufactured for easy fitment$37.41 - $112.50
- Walker® Oval Installer Turbo MufflerUniversal Oval Installer Turbo Muffler by Walker®. Mega-Flow® mufflers combine Walker® quality and engineering with solution-driven technology to absorb unwanted engine and engine brake noise without sacrificing brake performance.Specifically Engineered for Class 7 and 8 vehiclesA bolt-on Solution for Excessive Engine Brake Noise$115.36 - $146.46
- Flowmaster® Universal 80 Series Cross-Flow MufflerUniversal Universal 80 Series Cross-Flow Muffler by Flowmaster®. The 80 series is a cross-flow design for applications where the muffler is mounted transversely behind the rear end. Delivering an aggressive muscle car sound both...Aggressive Exterior Sound LevelIncreased Power and Torque Compared to Stock$119.97 - $144.80
- Flowmaster® 50 Series Delta Force™ 409 SS MufflerUniversal 50 Series Delta Force™ 409 SS Muffler by Flowmaster®. The Delta Force 50 series race mufflers utilize Flowmaster's patented Delta Flow technology and feature excellent power characteristics with good sound reduction...Race proven patented Delta Flow technologyExcellent decibel reduction over open headers$127.67
- Flowmaster® Universal 50 Series HD Delta Flow MufflerUniversal Universal 50 Series HD Delta Flow Muffler by Flowmaster®. Flowmaster's stainless steel 50 Series HD muffler is designed for today's heavy duty gas and diesel trucks. This muffler delivers improved performance, throttle...Mild Interior ResonanceBuilt for Quieting Big Displacement Engines$167.51 - $220.44
- Flowmaster® Universal Race 30 Series Delta Force MufflerUniversal Universal Race 30 Series Delta Force Muffler by Flowmaster®. The Delta Force 30 series race mufflers utilize Flowmaster's patented Delta Flow technology and are designed for race applications needing to meet the most...Durable fully welded 16 gauge aluminized steel - two chamber race mufflerGood decibel reduction over open headers$158.34 - $259.90
- Flowmaster® 60 Series Delta Force™ Stainless Steel Race MufflerUniversal 60 Series Delta Force™ Stainless Steel Race Muffler by Flowmaster®. The Flowmaster 60 series Delta Force muffler is ideal for race applications requiring maximum sound control with no performance loss. The 60 series is...Stainless Steel MaterialSuperior Sound Reduction$203.17
- MagnaFlow® Glass Pack Series Aluminized Steel MufflerUniversal Glass Pack Series Aluminized Steel Muffler by MagnaFlow®. The Glass Pack Mufflers have the same high performance optimizing, straight-through design as the more expensive MagnaFlow mufflers. They are made in aluminized...Red Coated 100% aluminized steelNon-fiberglass acoustic packing material$31.03 - $51.26
- Magnaflow® Street Mufflers with TipsUniversal Street Mufflers with Tips by Magnaflow®. These are mufflers for souped-up street machines. These mufflers look and sound great, making them perfect for the high performance street-legal car. Remove sound dampener for pure...Sound Dampener can be Removed for Pure Off-Road Race RoarBuilt in Stainless Steel For Durability$129.74 - $279.96
- MagnaFlow® Stainless Steel Oval Bi-Directional MufflersUniversal Stainless Steel Oval Bi-Directional Mufflers by MagnaFlow®. The Wide Open design of the performance muffler improves the breathing of your engine and gives you increased power. It also gives you that famous MagnaFlow...Delivers More HorsepowerDelivers A Smooth, Deep Tone$73.68 - $246.49
- MagnaFlow® Black Series Stainless Steel Muffler with TipUniversal Black Series Stainless Steel Muffler with Tip by MagnaFlow®. MagnaFlow Black Mufflers showcase our iconic Smooth Deep Tone, Wide-Open Performance gains over OEM equipment, a true Straight-Through design, and Stainless...Great Sound - Has A Smooth Deep ToneMade of High Quality Stainless Steel$219.24 - $303.53
- MagnaFlow® Race Series Stainless Steel MufflerUniversal Race Series Stainless Steel Muffler by MagnaFlow®. With racetracks enforcing stricter decibel level restrictions, MagnaFlow is giving racers a true performance option that optimizes power while still keeping the decibel...Pure Race MufflerDesigned to Comply with Track Sound Regulations$133.24 - $155.27
- Magnaflow® XL MufflersUniversal XL Mufflers by Magnaflow®. The XL Mufflers are for the musicians. No other mufflers are so finely tuned as the XLs are. They give a new meaning to the expression Performance Engine. With the XL mufflers on your car there...Delivers More HorsepowerDelivers A Smooth, Finely Tuned, Deep Exhaust Tone$67.65 - $129.00
The Fiat muffler consists of metal plates and tubes with multiple holes in them. Between the tubes, there are chambers that cancel out the unwanted frequencies and suppress the annoying noise. Once the sound waves and exhaust gases move into the muffler through the center tube, they bounce off the back wall of the unit and then come back out into the main body. That creates waves that have the opposite amplitude, which makes them cancel each other out.
The chamber where the process of wave collision occurs is called the resonator. Its size is precisely calculated so that the process runs smoothly. The principle that the device works on is pretty simple. When the high-pressure sound wave that is coming out from the first chamber meets the reflected low-pressure wave, they cancel each other out because the two waves add up to zero. That's the way the muffler reduces that tremendous amount of noise produced by the engine.
Another important characteristic of the muffler is that its body is constructed in three layers: two thin metal layers with a thicker insulated layer between them. Such a structure allows the unit to absorb some of the pressure pulses. The muffler itself is manufactured from sturdy materials such as stainless steel and aluminum-coated steel. That ensures the part to function for a long period of time. And the better your muffler operates, the greater performance your vehicle offers.