- Walker® Quiet-Flow™ MufflerQuiet-Flow Muffler by Walker®. Together with delivering OE-style sound, the Quiet-Flow Muffler features 100% steel construction for maximum durability. This part is a perfect choice if you are looking for proper OE-quality...Designed for OE equivalent sound and precision fitSpun-locked heads for a proper resistance to backfire$29.28 - $654.91
- Walker® SoundFX™ Direct Fit MufflerSoundFX™ Direct Fit Muffler by Walker®. This muffler is the right choice if you opt for quality acoustics and performance. Walker offers 100% aluminized steel SoundFX Mufflers with direct fit and universal fit options available,...Designed to deliver ultimate performance and pleasing sound qualityOE-equivalent direct-fit design$27.04 - $125.19
- Bosal® MufflerUniversal Muffler by Bosal®. This product is engineered to meet OE specs to ensure precise, factory-like fit, maximum performance, and reliability. This part features a direct fit design allowing for ease of installation....Made of High Quality materialsPrecision-manufactured for easy fitment$37.41 - $112.50
- Walker® ResonatorResonator by Walker®. If you want exhaust piping that delivers precise OE-style fit, appearance, and reliability, this part is your number one choice. Every pipe is vehicle-specific and is manufactured using precision benders to...Designed to directly replace the factory partMade with precision benders and fixture checked$26.93 - $324.53
- Flowmaster® Outlaw™ Stainless Steel Direct-Fit MufflerOutlaw™ Stainless Steel Direct-Fit Muffler by Flowmaster®, AGGRESSIVE SOUND. 3" Muffler Inlet / 2.25" Muffler Outlet. Muffler Shape: Oval. Dual Out Rear Exit. 3" Tubing. Flowmaster's Outlaw direct fit muffler is perfect for the...Stainless Steel ConstructionDyno Tuned For Maximum Performance$328.97
- Flowmaster® Street MufflerStreet Mufflers by Flowmaster®. The 2-chamber design of this muffler, incorporating the patented Flowmaster Delta Flow Technology, has enabled the company to create a performance muffler with an aggressive exterior sound combined...The Quietest Option in the 40 Series Two Chamber LineLess Resonance than other 40 Series Mufflers$188.05 - $376.97
- Magnaflow® Muffler Replacement KitMuffler Replacement Kit by Magnaflow®. Magnaflow D-FIT kits replace the restrictive factory muffler, while maintaining the OEM piping & tailpipe. The straight through design muffler or muffler delete reduce backpressure creating...409 Stainless Steel ConstructionMandrel Bent Stainless Steel Tubing$261.92 - $376.16
- MBRP® 304 SS High-Flow Muffler304 SS High-Flow Muffler by MBRP®. Tame that exhaust system with a perforated-core muffler. By using a straight piece of pipe that’s been perforated with countless small holes, MBRP lets the higher-frequency bark and rasp...Low-restriction designPerforated center core$209.99
- MBRP® Stainless Steel Muffler Delete PipeMuffler Delete Pipe by MBRP®. Let it all hang out and bypass the muffler entirely on your diesel truck. This 4” T409 stainless steel pipe fits directly into place in your exhaust system and replaces your muffler. Yes, it’s loud.Swaged to slip-fit mating pipe perfectlyAttaches with muffler clamps$39.99 - $124.99
- Banks® Monster™ Stainless Steel MuflerMonster™ Stainless Steel Mufler by Banks®. Get increased power and torque from reduced backpressure with this straight-through muffler. With its straight-through, massive 4” core, this muffler presents essentially no...Reduces Back-pressure and Increases Exhaust Flow4" straight-through design$123.87 - $409.59
- Pypes® Violator Series™ MufflersViolator Series Mufflers by Pypes Performance Exhaust®. The Violator is the newest muffler and has already gained acceptance and praise in the marketplace. It flows as much air as our Race-Pro muffler but has an incredibly unique...Superior upgrade for your exhaust systemDesigned to provide outstanding performance$162.07
- dB® Diesel Series™ Stainless Steel Round MufflerSevereDuty™ Front Brake Pads by Wagner®. Straight through nonrestrictive system design maximizes airflow improving performance and fuel economy. All components; even clamps and hangers; of the system are constructed of premium...Engineered Specifically for Each ApplicationSound Tuned to Character of Vehicle$344.24 - $547.87
- DynoMax® Super Turbo™ MufflerSuper Turbo™ Muffler by DynoMax®. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow tone without annoying interior resonance, with this Super Turbo Muffler. Its patented flow directors and...Constructed to increase horsepower and torque thanks to improved exhaust flowAluminized steel Super Turbo muffler maintains a mellow performance tone$51.00 - $175.03
- DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Welded MufflerThis muffler-back exhaust system includes pipe, clamps, tip, and Ultra Flo Welded muffler that features unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in power and maintains a deep throaty tone while absorbing...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueEngineered to give your car a deep performance tone$69.30 - $216.24
- DynoMax® VT™ MufflerVT™ Muffler by DynoMax®. The revolutionary DynoMax VT performance muffler will give your vehicle a deep, throaty sound and eliminate drone while increasing exhaust flow and horsepower. It is built using the exclusive DynoMax...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueExclusive DynoMax Valve Technology delivers on-demand, drone-free performance and sound$94.34 - $253.78
The Dodge Ram muffler consists of metal plates and tubes with multiple holes in them. Between the tubes, there are chambers that cancel out the unwanted frequencies and suppress the annoying noise. Once the sound waves and exhaust gases move into the muffler through the center tube, they bounce off the back wall of the unit and then come back out into the main body. That creates waves that have the opposite amplitude, which makes them cancel each other out.
The chamber where the process of wave collision occurs is called the resonator. Its size is precisely calculated so that the process runs smoothly. The principle that the device works on is pretty simple. When the high-pressure sound wave that is coming out from the first chamber meets the reflected low-pressure wave, they cancel each other out because the two waves add up to zero. That's the way the muffler reduces that tremendous amount of noise produced by the engine.
Another important characteristic of the muffler is that its body is constructed in three layers: two thin metal layers with a thicker insulated layer between them. Such a structure allows the unit to absorb some of the pressure pulses. The muffler itself is manufactured from sturdy materials such as stainless steel and aluminum-coated steel. That ensures the part to function for a long period of time. And the better your muffler operates, the greater performance your vehicle offers.