- Walker® Quiet-Flow™ MufflerQuiet-Flow Muffler by Walker®. Together with delivering OE-style sound, the Quiet-Flow Muffler features 100% steel construction for maximum durability. This part is a perfect choice if you are looking for proper OE-quality...Designed for OE equivalent sound and precision fitSpun-locked heads for a proper resistance to backfire$29.28 - $654.91
- Bosal® MufflerUniversal Muffler by Bosal®. This product is engineered to meet OE specs to ensure precise, factory-like fit, maximum performance, and reliability. This part features a direct fit design allowing for ease of installation....Made of High Quality materialsPrecision-manufactured for easy fitment$37.41 - $112.50
- Borla® Crate MufflerStainless Steel Crate Muffler by Borla®. Muffler Body Material: Stainless Steel. Muffler Body Length: 14". Muffler Body Height: 4.35". Muffler Body Width: 9.1". Muffler Body Shape: Oval. Give your ride the sound it deserves!...Made of High Quality Stainless SteelMillion Mile Warranty$220.99 - $255.99
- DynoMax® Super Turbo™ MufflerSuper Turbo™ Muffler by DynoMax®. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow tone without annoying interior resonance, with this Super Turbo Muffler. Its patented flow directors and...Constructed to increase horsepower and torque thanks to improved exhaust flowAluminized steel Super Turbo muffler maintains a mellow performance tone$51.00 - $175.03
- DynoMax® VT™ MufflerVT™ Muffler by DynoMax®. The revolutionary DynoMax VT performance muffler will give your vehicle a deep, throaty sound and eliminate drone while increasing exhaust flow and horsepower. It is built using the exclusive DynoMax...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueExclusive DynoMax Valve Technology delivers on-demand, drone-free performance and sound$94.34 - $253.78
- SLP® Loud Mouth II Bullet-Type MufflerLoud Mouth II Bullet-Type Muffler by SLP®. SLP Loud Mouth II® Bullet Race Muffler offers flow and performance similar to that of our original Loud Mouth® resonator but features a ceramic-wrapped, perforated core that reduces...Expertly crafted from premium materialsDesigned to match rigorous quality standards$95.95 - $191.95
- SLP® Loud Mouth Bullet-Type ResonatorLoud Mouth Bullet-Type Resonator by SLP®. SLP's Loud Mouth® "Shotgun" Resonators offer wide open exhaust flow and race-ready performance with an ultra aggressive sound too match. Standard equipment on our Loud Mouth exhaust...Expertly crafted from premium materialsDesigned to match rigorous quality standards$76.95 - $148.95
- Walker® Oval Installer Turbo MufflerUniversal Oval Installer Turbo Muffler by Walker®. Mega-Flow® mufflers combine Walker® quality and engineering with solution-driven technology to absorb unwanted engine and engine brake noise without sacrificing brake performance.Specifically Engineered for Class 7 and 8 vehiclesA bolt-on Solution for Excessive Engine Brake Noise$115.36 - $146.46
- Walker® Hardware AccessoriesHardware Accessories by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories,...Makes installation quick and easyOptimal OE-style fit and quality$0.32 - $27.79
- Walker® Exhaust GasketExhaust Gasket by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories, you...Makes installation quick and easyOptimal OE-style fit and quality$2.02 - $27.69
- Walker® Exhaust HangerExhaust Hanger by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories, you...Makes installation quick and easyOptimal OE-style fit and quality$0.37 - $48.20
- Walker® Exhaust Rubber InsulatorExhaust Rubber Insulator by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker...Makes installation quick and easyOptimal OE-style fit and quality$0.37 - $48.20
- Flowmaster® Universal 80 Series Cross-Flow MufflerUniversal Universal 80 Series Cross-Flow Muffler by Flowmaster®. The 80 series is a cross-flow design for applications where the muffler is mounted transversely behind the rear end. Delivering an aggressive muscle car sound both...Aggressive Exterior Sound LevelIncreased Power and Torque Compared to Stock$119.97 - $144.80
- Flowmaster® 50 Series Delta Force™ 409 SS MufflerUniversal 50 Series Delta Force™ 409 SS Muffler by Flowmaster®. The Delta Force 50 series race mufflers utilize Flowmaster's patented Delta Flow technology and feature excellent power characteristics with good sound reduction...Race proven patented Delta Flow technologyExcellent decibel reduction over open headers$127.67
- Flowmaster® Universal 50 Series HD Delta Flow MufflerUniversal Universal 50 Series HD Delta Flow Muffler by Flowmaster®. Flowmaster's stainless steel 50 Series HD muffler is designed for today's heavy duty gas and diesel trucks. This muffler delivers improved performance, throttle...Mild Interior ResonanceBuilt for Quieting Big Displacement Engines$167.51 - $220.44
The Chrysler 300 muffler consists of metal plates and tubes with multiple holes in them. Between the tubes, there are chambers that cancel out the unwanted frequencies and suppress the annoying noise. Once the sound waves and exhaust gases move into the muffler through the center tube, they bounce off the back wall of the unit and then come back out into the main body. That creates waves that have the opposite amplitude, which makes them cancel each other out.
The chamber where the process of wave collision occurs is called the resonator. Its size is precisely calculated so that the process runs smoothly. The principle that the device works on is pretty simple. When the high-pressure sound wave that is coming out from the first chamber meets the reflected low-pressure wave, they cancel each other out because the two waves add up to zero. That's the way the muffler reduces that tremendous amount of noise produced by the engine.
Another important characteristic of the muffler is that its body is constructed in three layers: two thin metal layers with a thicker insulated layer between them. Such a structure allows the unit to absorb some of the pressure pulses. The muffler itself is manufactured from sturdy materials such as stainless steel and aluminum-coated steel. That ensures the part to function for a long period of time. And the better your muffler operates, the greater performance your vehicle offers.