The Chevy Silverado was introduced by General Motors in 1998 for the 1999 model year to supersede the C/K lineup of trucks. Being an owner of this tough full-size pickup, you definitely want to keep it in great condition. If you have noticed unusual noise during your drive, loss of power, or drivability problems, this can be a sign your Silverado's muffler is damaged. The best decision in this case is to replace your failed muffler with a new one to prevent excessive noise and restore your pickup's power. Keep in mind that defective exhaust parts sometimes can cause carbon monoxide poisoning and noise pollution.
If your vehicle's muffler needs to be replaced, our store gives you the right solution with a great selection of Chevy Silverado mufflers and resonators. Browse our full catalog of excellent quality products and select all the needed parts in a few clicks. Our attractive prices won't hurt, plus all products will be delivered to your door in no time. Our team trusts only famous brands known all over the world, that is why we have gathered only durable mufflers and resonators made by Walker, Bosal, APEXi, Dynomax, etc.
- Walker® Tru-Fit Universal Fit MufflerTru-Fit Universal Muffler by Walker®. The Tru-Fit Universal Muffler is designed to provide installers and DIY users with optimum performance and quality acoustics at an affordable price. This 100% aluminized steel muffler features...$2.79 - $34.68
- Walker® Quiet-Flow™ MufflerQuiet-Flow Muffler by Walker®. Together with delivering OE-style sound, the Quiet-Flow Muffler features 100% steel construction for maximum durability. This part is a perfect choice if you are looking for proper OE-quality...$29.28 - $654.91
- Walker® SoundFX™ Direct Fit MufflerSoundFX™ Direct Fit Muffler by Walker®. This muffler is the right choice if you opt for quality acoustics and performance. Walker offers 100% aluminized steel SoundFX Mufflers with direct fit and universal fit options available,...$25.26 - $125.19
- Walker® Trucks MufflersTrucks Mufflers by Walker®. Walker offers a compltete line-up of exhaust products for todays medium-duty, heavy-duty and comercials vehicles. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker...Makes installation quick and easyOptimal OE-style fit and quality$31.31 - $466.09
- Walker® Exhaust HangerExhaust Hanger by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories, you...$1.55 - $48.20
- Walker® Exhaust Rubber InsulatorExhaust Rubber Insulator by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker...$1.55 - $48.20
- AP Exhaust® Exhaust ClampThis superior product was carefully designed with key attention to detail and manufactured from high-grade materials to the strict standards of the highest quality. This AP Exhaust Technologies product ensures superior durability as...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$2.04 - $16.79
- Bosal® Exhaust Installation PartsExhaust Installation Parts by Bosal®. Bosal works closely with OEM's across the globe to develop customer tailored solutions. With a focus on every aspect of the customer's needs, from product design to location of manufacture,...Engineered to provide excellent exhaust system managementBuilt to OEM specifications$0.10 - $16.20
- Magnaflow® Muffler Replacement KitMuffler Replacement Kit by Magnaflow®. Magnaflow D-FIT kits replace the restrictive factory muffler, while maintaining the OEM piping & tailpipe. The straight through design muffler or muffler delete reduce backpressure creating...409 Stainless Steel ConstructionMandrel Bent Stainless Steel Tubing$261.92 - $376.16
- Borla® Crate MufflerStainless Steel Crate Muffler by Borla®. Muffler Body Material: Stainless Steel. Muffler Body Length: 14". Muffler Body Height: 4.35". Muffler Body Width: 9.1". Muffler Body Shape: Oval. Give your ride the sound it deserves!...Made of High Quality Stainless SteelAvailable in various sizes and sound levels$220.99 - $255.99
- Banks® Monster™ Stainless Steel MuflerMonster™ Stainless Steel Mufler by Banks®. Get increased power and torque from reduced backpressure with this straight-through muffler. With its straight-through, massive 4” core, this muffler presents essentially no...Reduces Back-pressure and Increases Exhaust Flow4" straight-through design$123.87 - $409.59
- DynoMax® Super Turbo™ MufflerSuper Turbo™ Muffler by DynoMax®. Get improved exhaust flow and reduced back pressure for better performance, and a mellow tone without annoying interior resonance, with this Super Turbo Muffler. Its patented flow directors and...Constructed to increase horsepower and torque thanks to improved exhaust flowAluminized steel Super Turbo muffler maintains a mellow performance tone$48.27 - $175.03
- DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Polished Stainless Steel MufflerUltra Flo™ Polished Stainless Steel Muffler by DynoMax®. This muffler packs straight-through design for unrestricted exhaust flow and a dyno-proven increase in power inside a polished stainless steel shell that delivers a show...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueEngineered to give your car a deep performance tone$71.00 - $327.65
- DynoMax® Ultra Flo™ Welded MufflerThis muffler-back exhaust system includes pipe, clamps, tip, and Ultra Flo Welded muffler that features unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in power and maintains a deep throaty tone while absorbing...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueEngineered to give your car a deep performance tone$67.30 - $216.24
- DynoMax® VT™ MufflerVT™ Muffler by DynoMax®. The revolutionary DynoMax VT performance muffler will give your vehicle a deep, throaty sound and eliminate drone while increasing exhaust flow and horsepower. It is built using the exclusive DynoMax...Unrestricted, straight-through design for a dyno-proven increase in horsepower and torqueExclusive DynoMax Valve Technology delivers on-demand, drone-free performance and sound$91.78 - $244.04
The Chevy Silverado muffler consists of metal plates and tubes with multiple holes in them. Between the tubes, there are chambers that cancel out the unwanted frequencies and suppress the annoying noise. Once the sound waves and exhaust gases move into the muffler through the center tube, they bounce off the back wall of the unit and then come back out into the main body. That creates waves that have the opposite amplitude, which makes them cancel each other out.
The chamber where the process of wave collision occurs is called the resonator. Its size is precisely calculated so that the process runs smoothly. The principle that the device works on is pretty simple. When the high-pressure sound wave that is coming out from the first chamber meets the reflected low-pressure wave, they cancel each other out because the two waves add up to zero. That's the way the muffler reduces that tremendous amount of noise produced by the engine.
Another important characteristic of the muffler is that its body is constructed in three layers: two thin metal layers with a thicker insulated layer between them. Such a structure allows the unit to absorb some of the pressure pulses. The muffler itself is manufactured from sturdy materials such as stainless steel and aluminum-coated steel. That ensures the part to function for a long period of time. And the better your muffler operates, the greater performance your vehicle offers.