Chevy Cobalt Accessories & Parts
- Custom Grilles
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- Fender Flares
- Bug Deflectors
- Car Bras
- License Plates & Frames
- Vertical Doors
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Armor & Protection
- Car Tents
- Snow Plows
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
The Chevy Cobalt rolled off the line in 2005 and took over as the brand's compact sedan, replacing the Prizm and the Cavalier. It is slightly bigger than the Cavalier and also features SS variants of the model. The Cobalt is available as both sedan and coupe and is constructed on GM's Delta platform, which also hosts the Chevy HHR, Opel Zafira, and Pontiac G5. The base Cobalt premiered with a 2.2L inline-four cylinder engine capable of 155 horsepower. The Cobalt SS received a hearty supercharged four-cylinder capable of 205 horsepower. A year later, Chevy introduced an SS Cobalt that saw a dip in HP down to 171 and was referred to as the base SS, with the supercharged version being branded as the Supercharged SS. The base SS was done away with soon after, with the 171 horsepower engine being used for the Cobalt Sport. SS Supercharged Cobalts got a nice surge with 260 horsepower.
Three trim levels are currently available for the Chevy Cobalt: the SS, LT, and LS, with the LS being outfitted with luxurious accessories and amenities, such as XM satellite radio, a CD player, and a tilted steering wheel. Other options like remote entry, OnStar, and leather upholstery are offered for the higher trims (SS and LT). In 2007, the engines were bolstered, as the 2.2L Ecotec saw it rise to 148 horsepower and the 2.4L version get a slight bump up to 173. A year later, the Cobalt was given a makeover. The SS coupe and SS sedan became known as the Sport Coupe and Sport Sedan. The SS engine was now rated at 260 horsepower and fuel efficiency was improved to 25 miles per gallon. XM satellite radio, side-impact air bags, and an MP3 player became standard Chevy Cobalt parts, and StabiliTrak as well as stability control system were introduced to the model too.
Starting in 2009, the Sport Sedan and Sport Coupe were removed from the lineup and replaced with the 2.2L engine. Inside the vehicle, Bluetooth capability was now standard, and a reconfigurable performance display, which allows the driver to change the performance settings of the model, was introduced as well. Since its premiere, the Cobalt has made waves due to its peppy performance, top-quality Cobalt parts, and compact style. It has received numerous awards, most notably being named a Consumer Guide Best Buy (2006) as well as one of Automobile Magazine's 50 Great New Cars. The Cobalt has also been a strong performer when it comes to sales. Since 2005, the model has averaged approximately 183,500 units sold per year (with 2005 being the high at 212,667 and 2009 being the low at 104,724). Thanks to a strong backing from Chevy with the results to back it up, the Cobalt has impressed critics and fans alike.
Invoking a modernized sleekness into a compact package is no easy feat. Compacts are just not normally designed to be this sporty but the Cobalt enjoys a look and style that is very much its own animal. With an aerodynamic look that is hard to forget and the kind of performance mostly reserved for higher-priced sports cars, the Chevy Cobalt has become a top-selling icon in what has been a short period of time. Performance wise, it flexes enough muscle to give its drivers the necessary confidence to hit the open road with fashion and authority. However, there's always a way to give it a boost in power by means of performance parts for the Chevy Cobalt. Chevy churns out American classics each generation, and the Cobalt may be the latest example of that.
CARiD.com features everything you need to capture the drama and excitement of your car thanks to a full line of Chevy Cobalt Accessories and Parts. Coming at you with premium-made materials from the world's most respected manufacturers in the game, you can count on us to deliver the kind of Chevy Cobalt accessories and parts that go the distance. From interior comfort to sizzling exterior style, this is the place to be. If you're on the lookout for Chevy Cobalt accessories, CARiD.com has you covered.
Whatever you expect from your Chevy Cobalt, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Chevy Cobalt and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by