POLICE™ Semi-Metallic Brake Pads by Bendix®. Developed to meet the rigorous performance demands of police fleets, these pads provide a longer wear life, higher fade resistance, while maximizing stopping performance. Unique TitaniuMetallic coating and J-shaped chamfers ensure consistent, quiet braking performance with a reduced break-in time.
- Designed to operate under high-demand conditions to meet requirements of police fleets
- Premium, fade-free friction material maintains braking control with maximum braking power even in the most intense driving conditions
- Patented blue TitaniuMetallic coating reduces break-in time by up to 75% ensuring optimal performance from the very first stop
- Unique J-shaped chamfers and heavy-duty high temperature steel shims provide ultra-quiet braking performance
- Heavy-duty friction fused to backing plate attachment reduces downtime
- Includes stainless steel abutment kit hardware that speeds installation time
- Sold as a set for two wheels
Bendix POLICE brake pads were engineered and designed to provide ultimate stopping power under extreme driving conditions. These pads provide a longer wear life and fade resistance to bring you hassle-free and reliable service. The unique blue TitaniuMetallic coating reduces break-in time by up to 75%. Bendix POLICE pads come with heavy-duty high-temperature shims and special chamfers that ensure stealth-like quiet braking performance. Traditional chamfer designs tend to wear and change shape over the life of the disc pad creating potential noise-related issues. To prevent quick wearing of the chamfers, the manufacturer fitted each set of pads with a unique “J” chamfer design that reduces the number of pads replaced due to noise-related issues. The pads come with stainless steel abutment kit hardware to reduce installation time.
The POLICE brake pads by Bendix have completed the Declaration of Conformity Brake Testing Program conducted by LINK Engineering, known as a premier testing resource for the transportation industry. That testing protocol is an essential assessment of any premium brake pads used in potential life threatening situations. This evaluation includes all crucial factors such as brake fade resistance, high speed braking, and extreme performance. Bendix POLICE pads performed well in this real world testing environment.
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems is an industry pioneer in the sphere of leading-edge active safety technologies, control systems and air brake charging. It was founded under the Westinghouse Air Brake Company name in 1869 and became a member of the Knorr-Bremse Group in 2002. Bendix® offers numerous brake parts including brake pads, drums and brake shoes for medium and heavy-duty trucks, trailers and other commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Elyria, Ohio, the company employs more than 2000 people and has several manufacturing plants in the United States and other countries.