Toyota Supra 1993-1998, GT-R Series Cross Drilled 2-Piece Rotor Big Brake Kit by Brembo®. Quantity: 1 Pair. The GT-R Brake Kit will give you the very best braking performance, on the road or on the track. This system is designed for aggressive braking without fade. Large diameter 2-piece floating rotors and rigid, monobloc, nickel plated multi-piston calipers greatly improve brake system performance and heat dissipation. This kit is easy to install and will work seamlessly with your factory master cylinder, ABS, and traction control system.
- Ultimate brake performance, balance, heat dissipation and fade resistance
- Designed specifically for your vehicle and driving conditions
- Racing derived components and technology
- Lightweight components reduce unsprung weight
- Lightweight 2-piece floating cross drilled brake discs
- Floating anti-rattle hardware minimizes noise
- Lightweight, aerospace grade, billet aluminum, monobloc multi-piston fixed calipers
- Nickel plated caliper finish
- High performance brake pads with application specific friction material
- Pad retaining system minimizes brake noise and facilitates pad changes
- Precision milled billet caliper mounting brackets
- Abrasion and corrosion resistant Goodridge braided steel brake lines
- Comes complete with all necessary mounting hardware and comprehensive instructions
- Fully compatible with your car’s master cylinder, ABS and traction control system
- 2-year limited warranty
- Drilled holes reduce stopping distances in wet weather
- Drilled holes create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Drilled rotors improve the appearance of your wheels and provide reduced rotor weight
- 2-Piece rotors offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation compared to 1-piece rotors
- Floating rotor design provides better contact of rotor blade and pad
- Vented type of rotors offer much faster heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
- Fixed calipers create friction from the brake pads on both sides of the rotor at minimum time interval
Your high performance car should stop as well as it goes; unfortunately your stock brake system isn’t up to the task. Sure, it’s okay for casual driving, but push your car through the twistys on a deserted road, or take your car to a track day, and it won’t be long before you’re experiencing brake fade, poor pedal feel, and increased stopping distances. Get the most sophisticated high performance braking system ever made for the road, the Brembo GT-R. The Brembo GT-R is just one step removed from Brembo’s full race braking system. It uses the same style aerospace aluminum billet, monobloc calipers and 2-piece, floating rotors. Brembo engineers design each brake system upgrade for the specific vehicle and driving conditions. They put the optimum combination together based on a thorough knowledge of OE braking systems and the use of an unlimited range of caliper, piston, friction material, and disc combinations. With a Brembo system you’ll experience improved pedal feel, better brake modulation, and improved brake performance. Braking action will be noticeably more immediate and decisive, and it will remain consistent even during race track use. And a Brembo system is easy to install. It comes with everything required for installation, and it’s fully compatible with your car’s master cylinder, ABS and traction control system.
The Brembo GT-R brake system starts with large, lightweight, 2-piece floating cross drilled brake discs, to reduce unsprung weight and increase brake torque and heat dissipation. The cast iron discs are made from a proprietary cast iron alloy, which enables them to last much longer than comparable high performance and racing discs. They’re drilled to continually clean and refresh the pad surface, shed water and debris, prevent gas build-up, and improve ventilation. They’re also vented for cooling and resistance to brake fade, and zinc coated to give them an attractive corrosion resistant finish. For lightness and performance, the cast iron disc is attached to a precision milled billet aluminum center section, using Brembo’s proprietary floating hardware. These fasteners, called “bobbins”, allow the disc to “float” in both radial and axial directions, enabling the disc to expand and contract according to temperature variations. Brembo’s unique anti-rattle disc hardware eliminates the noise usually associated with floating discs.
Most OE calipers are sliding calipers, with pistons only on the inboard side of the brake disc. They’re inexpensive to make, but very heavy and flexible during braking, which results in poor brake performance. In contrast, Brembo GT-R monobloc calipers are precisely machined from lightweight, aerospace aluminum alloy, for incredible lightness and rigidity. The one-piece, monobloc caliper includes an integral stiffening bridge for stiffness and a large open area for heat dissipation. The GT-R caliper is also mounted in a fixed position over the rotor, with multiple opposed caliper pistons that act on the brake pads with more precision. The multiple pistons are sequentially sized for even brake pad wear and the stainless steel piston inserts are ventilated for cooling. Brembo’s Quick Release Pad Retaining System is designed for quick and easy pad changes and incorporates an anti-rattle feature to eliminate noise. The brake pad friction material is a proprietary compound developed especially for Brembo, and specially selected for each application. The caliper mounting brackets are specifically designed for each application, then precision machined from billet material and anodized for an attractive, durable finish. The caliper is nickel plated for appearance and corrosion resistance.
The GT-R calipers are connected to your car’s hydraulic system with Goodridge brake hoses. Goodridge is the only brake hose system approved for use in every country in the world. The hose consists of a PTFE (Teflon) inner hose covered by braided stainless steel, which provides a firm pedal and eliminates the “spongy” feel that is often felt with stock rubber brake hoses. With Goodridge, you can be assured that every inch of pressure from the pedal is transferred to the caliper. Every Brembo Brake Kit includes all the hardware necessary for installation, and comes with detailed and comprehensive instructions. Brembo warrants to the original user that this brake kit is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
In its 50 years of existence, Brembo® has secured a prestigious place for itself in the automotive braking system sector. This position can only be held through continuous innovation in products and services, maintaining the highest possible quality levels, offering competitive prices and focusing the utmost attention on safety, individual and public health and respect for the environment. The group's Quality, Safety and Environment policy expresses Brembo's commitment to client satisfaction and ongoing improvement.