The Chevy Silverado was introduced by General Motors in 1998 for the 1999 model year to supersede the C/K lineup of trucks. Being an owner of this tough full-size pickup, you definitely want to keep it in great condition. If you have noticed unusual noise during your drive, loss of power, or drivability problems, this can be a sign your Silverado's muffler is damaged. The best decision in this case is to replace your failed muffler with a new one to prevent excessive noise and restore your pickup's power. Keep in mind that defective exhaust parts sometimes can cause carbon monoxide poisoning and noise pollution.
If your vehicle's muffler needs to be replaced, our store gives you the right solution with a great selection of Chevy Silverado mufflers and resonators. Browse our full catalog of excellent quality products and select all the needed parts in a few clicks. Our attractive prices won't hurt, plus all products will be delivered to your door in no time. Our team trusts only famous brands known all over the world, that is why we have gathered only durable mufflers and resonators made by Walker, Bosal, APEXi, Dynomax, etc.
- Walker® Quiet-Flow™ MufflerQuiet-Flow Muffler by Walker®. Together with delivering OE-style sound, the Quiet-Flow Muffler features 100% steel construction for maximum durability. This part is a perfect choice if you are looking for proper OE-quality...$29.28 - $654.91
- Walker® SoundFX™ Direct Fit MufflerSoundFX™ Direct Fit Muffler by Walker®. This muffler is the right choice if you opt for quality acoustics and performance. Walker offers 100% aluminized steel SoundFX Mufflers with direct fit and universal fit options available,...$25.26 - $128.42
- Walker® SoundFX™ Universal Fit MufflerSoundFX Universal Muffler Fit by Walker®. This muffler is the right choice if you opt for quality acoustics and performance. Walker offers 100% aluminized steel SoundFX Mufflers with direct fit and universal fit options available,...Designed to deliver ultimate performance and pleasing sound qualityMay require a few modifications to install$24.78 - $33.80
- Walker® Tru-Fit Universal Fit MufflerTru-Fit Universal Muffler by Walker®. The Tru-Fit Universal Muffler is designed to provide installers and DIY users with optimum performance and quality acoustics at an affordable price. This 100% aluminized steel muffler features...$2.79 - $34.68
- Walker® Exhaust HangerExhaust Hanger by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories, you...$1.35 - $48.20
- Walker® Exhaust Rubber InsulatorExhaust Rubber Insulator by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker...$1.35 - $48.20
- Walker® Hardware AccessoriesHardware Accessories by Walker®. With their extensive selection of accessories and hardware for the exhaust system, Walker will provide you with everything needed to do the complete exhaust job. When you choose Walker accessories,...Makes installation quick and easyOptimal OE-style fit and quality$0.13 - $58.13
- Bosal® Exhaust Installation PartsExhaust Installation Parts by Bosal®. Bosal works closely with OEM's across the globe to develop customer tailored solutions. With a focus on every aspect of the customer's needs, from product design to location of manufacture,...Engineered to provide excellent exhaust system managementBuilt to OEM specifications$0.30 - $16.20
- Crown® Exhaust ClampExhaust Clamp by Crown®. Crown Automotive is just the ticket if you want to get the most out of your vehicle as well as revel in a more exciting driving experience. You will surely get a real bang for the buck!Developed to improve your driving experienceConstructed to ensure ultimate operation$1.93 - $2.09
- AP Exhaust® Exhaust ClampThis superior product was carefully designed with key attention to detail and manufactured from high-grade materials to the strict standards of the highest quality. This AP Exhaust Technologies product ensures superior durability as...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$2.04 - $28.02
- AP Exhaust® Universal ClampsUniversal Clamps by AP Exhaust®. This superior product was carefully designed with key attention to detail and manufactured from high-grade materials to the strict standards of the highest quality. This AP Exhaust Technologies...Made from first-rate materialsEnsures outstanding durability$1.60 - $83.44
- Taylor Cable® HTR Collector GasketHTR Collector Gasket by Taylor Cable®. This products is an OEM and Performance company that was built on its founding heritage supported by a tradition of Legendary Quality. Designed utilizing the latest technology,perfect for your...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$17.10 - $21.54
- Magnaflow® Muffler Replacement KitMuffler Replacement Kit by Magnaflow®. Magnaflow D-FIT kits replace the restrictive factory muffler, while maintaining the OEM piping & tailpipe. The straight through design muffler or muffler delete reduce backpressure creating...409 Stainless Steel ConstructionMandrel Bent Stainless Steel Tubing$261.92 - $376.16
- Borla® Crate MufflerStainless Steel Crate Muffler by Borla®. Muffler Body Material: Stainless Steel. Muffler Body Length: 14". Muffler Body Height: 4.35". Muffler Body Width: 9.1". Muffler Body Shape: Oval. Give your ride the sound it deserves!...Made of High Quality Stainless SteelAvailable in various sizes and sound levels$220.99 - $255.99
- MBRP® Installer Series MufflerInstaller Series Muffler by MBRP®. Short on space under your car for a muffler? A round muffler might just be the ticket to tuck in around a drive shaft or up near the cats. Choose whether you want a raspy, straight-through sort of...Round form factor for tight spots16GA aluminized steel$124.99 - $579.99
The Chevy Silverado muffler consists of metal plates and tubes with multiple holes in them. Between the tubes, there are chambers that cancel out the unwanted frequencies and suppress the annoying noise. Once the sound waves and exhaust gases move into the muffler through the center tube, they bounce off the back wall of the unit and then come back out into the main body. That creates waves that have the opposite amplitude, which makes them cancel each other out.
The chamber where the process of wave collision occurs is called the resonator. Its size is precisely calculated so that the process runs smoothly. The principle that the device works on is pretty simple. When the high-pressure sound wave that is coming out from the first chamber meets the reflected low-pressure wave, they cancel each other out because the two waves add up to zero. That's the way the muffler reduces that tremendous amount of noise produced by the engine.
Another important characteristic of the muffler is that its body is constructed in three layers: two thin metal layers with a thicker insulated layer between them. Such a structure allows the unit to absorb some of the pressure pulses. The muffler itself is manufactured from sturdy materials such as stainless steel and aluminum-coated steel. That ensures the part to function for a long period of time. And the better your muffler operates, the greater performance your vehicle offers.